Le Cellier Was Nuts!

Tia1977

My Happy Place
While this was our 6th trip, we’ve never tried Le Cellier. We’ve always taken the boat to Yachtsman instead.

We typically like to sleep in / enjoy a steak dinner on one of our Epcot nights (that’s why like to stick close to that area). Thought about Monsieur
Paul, but hubby is more traditional for steak.

Against reviews since they’re always so split (seems to be a love/hate place lol), we decided to try in order to save time.

Never again for us ha! While I wouldn’t count us in the hate category (bc we really enjoyed the food), the food and our sweet/wonderful server were the ONLY highlights.

It was louder/crazier/more crammed than trying to eat outside in the middle of France on a busy F&W night (if that tells you anything lol)

To be fair, our ADR was a popular dinner time, 6p. And it chilled (some) by the time we were done. Maybe a later time closer to park close/skipping fireworks might be better.

For the price and to relax/enjoy a nicer dinner (vs cramming down cheap CS ck nuggets to make a FP ha), no way we’ll go back. We’ll stick to the boat and enjoy Yachtsman’s quiet atmosphere instead.

I like the food and service but do agree its loud and cramped.
It is not an exaggeration that you could pick food from your neighbors plate.
But its still good that you didn't let the reviews sway you.
I like to try a place for myself regardless of reviews.
And now you know its not for you. :)

Was it louder because it's really enclosed? Cave-like? I have a reservation in December for around 7:10pm - do you think that is outside of "regular dining time" enough? I'm fine with the volume since we'll be with my 5 year old and our friends and THEIR 5 year old but if it's crazy bananas inside their kid has mild sensory issues and I want to be sure I'm managing their expectations.

Was it louder because it's really enclosed? Cave-like? I have a reservation in December for around 7:10pm - do you think that is outside of "regular dining time" enough? I'm fine with the volume since we'll be with my 5 year old and our friends and THEIR 5 year old but if it's crazy bananas inside their kid
has mild sensory issues and I want to be sure I'm managing their expectations.

To us, it was loud bc of how insanely busy/crowded. I think it’s how many people they cram inside into a smaller space.

For reference, we’ve done several character dinners during 6/7p time period. Super busy/full and yet didn’t seem as loud/crazy bc those places tend to be big/spread out.

What was said earlier about how you could eat off a neighbor table’s plate is 100% accurate.

If the ratio of people vs space was better I think it’d feel less loud/crazy. It’s as if it was designed as a nice/more intimate location and bc of how popular and in Disney fashion, they crammed double the tables/increased people/decreased free space.

We go to Yachtsman at the same time period, 6-7ish and have always found it to feel way more quiet/peaceful/spread out and enjoyable; as the atmosphere of signature dining should feel.

It’s a shame bc unlike some, we did honestly like the food. But, not choking it down w/loud craziness all around lol

Was it louder because it's really enclosed? Cave-like? I have a reservation in December for around 7:10pm - do you think that is outside of "regular dining time" enough? I'm fine with the volume since we'll be with my 5 year old and our friends and THEIR 5 year old but if it's crazy bananas inside their kid has mild sensory issues and I want to be sure I'm managing their expectations.

Its loud because its small with a large number of people.
7:10pm will not be off peak dinner time.
If you want not too loud and not too many people that you can touch by raising your arm then I'd suggest lunch instead or closer to fireworks time.

It’s always crowded. And I don’t find anything special on the menu except for maybe the cheddar soup.

IMHO both Yachtsman and Flying Fish do better steak (and also other food). And better atmosphere. Particularly I think Flying Fish is somewhat better combination of food and environment.

Bruce

Its loud because its small with a large number of people.
7:10pm will not be off peak dinner time.
If you want not too loud and not too many people that you can touch by raising your arm then I'd suggest lunch instead or closer to fireworks time.

Ok - it is what it is, we can't change the time but I'll let the other family know. I just wanted to help manage their expectations.

We used to love this place but when they decided to cram so many tables into what once was a charming, intimate 'cellar', we decided to take our dollars elsewhere. The clincher was when the table next to us included a whine-y child, with loud, coughing parent. Too noisy for us to hear ourselves talk. Way too much money for a less than fabulous experience.

15 years ago it was good. Decent price, decent meal. But then they jacked the prices, lowered the quality and doubled the number of seats in the restaurant and now you can conceive a child with the man sitting next to you due to the crowding and never know (exchange contact information just in case :)). And the soup is just beer cheese soup with pretzel bread - up here near Wisconsin its on almost every menu. Go over to Yachtsman or Flying Fish (which is really pricey, but the food is excellent - or if you don't NEED steak, Blue Zoo at the Dolphin is FABULOUS. Perhaps with the changes to Epcot they will put in another sort of restaurant people who need STEAK will eat at and Le Cellier can decrease the number of tables.

I love Le Cellier. Being from NYC, I find it hilarious that people think it’s too loud and that the tables are too close together. I realize I have a slightly different standard, but come on! If that’s your standard, please never visit New York.

It’s certainly no louder than any Applebee’s/Red Robin/other chain restaurant throughout America. Maybe people aren’t expecting any noise in a finer dining establishment?

Now, if you wanted to make an argument about how it’s too expensive and the desserts could be better...that I might get behind.

I love Le Cellier. Being from NYC, I find it hilarious that people think it’s too loud and that the tables are too close together. I realize I have a slightly different standard, but come on! If that’s your standard, please never visit New York.

It’s certainly no louder than any Applebee’s/Red Robin/other chain restaurant throughout America. Maybe people aren’t expecting any noise in a finer dining establishment?

Now, if you wanted to make an argument about how it’s too expensive and the desserts could be better...that I might get behind.

I've only been in bars that are that loud never have I walked into an Applebees even on a Friday/Saturday night with it that loud.
Also I have never sat somewhere that with only half extending my arm I could touch the plate of the person at the next table.
I'm not dissing it. I do enjoy eating there. But I have never eaten at a restaurant that loud or cramped in my normal life.

Last time we ate at Le Cellier was before they became a signature. They had fantastic food and service but was crowed and noisy even back then. But the prices were reasonable for the quality of food. Now its way overpriced. For the money we had a far better experience at California Grill. Wasn't noisy or jammed together at all.

Last edited:
Maybe a later time closer to park close/skipping fireworks might be better.
Yep. Dining as late as possible is better. It's not as crowded because most people have eaten and are outside waiting for - or even already watching - the nighttime show.
And the whole "below deck on the Titanic" atmosphere . . . nope.
Well, it is a cellar... ;)
It does not meet my personal standard of signature dining.
Agreed. It's only signature dining because of its popularity.
It’s certainly no louder than any Applebee’s/Red Robin/other chain restaurant throughout America.
While true, more is expected from Le Cellier. Much more. At the very least, as much space between tables as the casual dining chains.

We have not had dinner here since the filet was STUFFED with mushrooms. (Who remembers this). Then when Disney started offering free dining it became insanely popular as it was the most expensive one credit table service meal and thus a great “value” for the dining plan.

Is this truly considered a signature now or is it just two credits? Once the required credits went from 1 to 2 it actually became possible to get an ADR but now I don’t want to dine there!

Last time we ate at Le Cellier was before they became a signature. They had fantastic food and service but was crowed and noisy even back then. But the prices were reasonable for the quality of food. Now its way overpriced. For the money we had a far better experience at California Grill. Wasn't noisy or jammed together at all.

I have the same opinion. We ate there when it was not a signature. That was the right price-point for it. Very good quality food. The atmosphere was never great but now that I hear it's more crammed...no way.

Yeah, I thought it was just okay back when I went, and it wasn't a signature then. I liked the breadsticks and the cheddar soup, but otherwise nothing super special.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter