• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Le Cellier Potatoes Question

vettegirl

Dole Whip Queen
Does anyone since it went to a signature restaurant if you can still substitute the mushroom risotto for the cream cheese mashed potatoes? My husband would not eat the risotto and I am lining up our ADR's for our IPO for next week for our December trip. Thanks guys :)

They do not have the mashed potatoes at Le Cellier anymore. The closest sub would be the fingerling potatoes or the potato pave.

Last trip we went to Le Cellier was October 2012 and at that time they were refusing to sub any sides unless you paid an additional cost or went for fries. We were surprised as we had never had an issue in the past. DD is a huge steak eater but not EVER would she touch risotto or mushrooms but to end up with filet and fries was not ideal either. At that point she changed her mind and ordered rack of lamb because she preferred the sides (FYI she adds that the fries there are the poutines without topping aka burnt thin fries!!)

Well I guess Le Cellier is out. :( Going to try Shula's instead or may stick with our favorite YM.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

It's not mushroom risotto anymore, if that matters to your DH. It is pea risotto.

We have never had a problem with a sub here. They will let you sub anything that is listed with another entree but NOT anything that is listed as a side.

Why on earth would Le Cellier get rid of their popular mashed potatoes??? Now I really have zero reason to return.

Rumor is that they aren't changing the menu since they put some mushrooms on top of the pea risotto LOL!

Got to love this place, they figure it doesn't matter what they serve you will come!

Well I am going to call before I go. If it really is just pea I will cancel my reservation. Disney really knows how to ruin a good thing. :mad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter