• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Le Cellier Jan 5

DCDisney

On my way...
We met up with DH at Le Cellier for our 12 reservation. Unlike last year we did not wait at all to be seated. Our server was fine but not super nice. Grandma wanted any small salad as an appetizer but they would not allow this in any way shape or form. The salad she they offered as a salad option (not allowed as an appetizer on DDP) was 6.99 but she ended up ordering the Mussels which were 9.99 instead. They clearly have salad and have appetizer size salads on the dinner menu so this was just very diner unfriendly. My son ordered the pizza which comes with veggies and apples for dessert. We had to ask her multiple times to bring him part of his meal while everyone else was eating appetizers. This was the only resturant where if you ordered a set meal you had to have it exactly as it came no subs and no choice to get a dessert. The strictness was again very diner unfriendly. My daughter had plain pasta with carrots and ice cream. I had the cheese soup. It was not blended as smoothly as last year but was still excellent. It definitely does not have carrots despite some of the Internet recipes. FWIW, During the Food and Wine Festival they don't make it the same way. It's not made from scratch then they use a soup starter. The Chef told me because of my soy allergy I have to avoid the soup starter. For my entree I had the New York strip ordered medium. Last year it was very good but this year it was horrible. It was cooked beyond well done, normally I'd send it back but I didn't want everyone to have to wait so I kept it. I could only eat about 3 bites on one lesser cooked area. The waitress didn't even ask why I didn't eat it. DH got the mussels and the Angus burger. He said the mussels were excellent but his burger was extremely over cooked to the point where he too couldn't eat it. Again she didn't even ask why the food was almost totally uneaten. My Dad and Step Mom both got Fillets that were cooked properly and were good. DH and StepMom didn't feel like dessert so they ordered the Moose and S'Mores to give the kids and DH ate the 1 kid dessert we got. My Dad and I had the crème brulee. It was good but it had been garnished with whipped cream and strawberry way in advance and the whipped cream was totally dried out and yucky looking and the strawberry was brown. They did do the brulee topping when i ordered it but it only covered part of the crème because it had been pre-garnished. It can't take that long to throw on 2 squirts of whipped cream and a berry and it really ruined the dessert. Kids were disappointed as this was their favorite restaurant last year and they had had very good chicken fingers there in the past. We will probably skip this one next time. They were taking walk in's for lunch and this was a pretty busy Saturday. The meal took about 1 hour and 20 minutes which was 20 minutes shorter than our dinner last year plus no wait this year and 40 minutes wait last year.

Yvonne

Wow, I've never had horrible service like that at Le Cellier. The server should of been nicer to you. I think it's insane that your grandmother couldn't get a salad. And it's horrible that your steaks and burgers were over-cooked. I would of sent them back - and the creme brulee, because that garnish sounds disquisting. It wasn't like that when I ate there. Sorry you had a bad experiance.

Wow...that is really too bad..you must have been very unlucky with your server. We had the opposite experience there last night. We found this to be the most flexible restaurant of our trip in using the DDP. Our server was wonderful telling us all of our options and offering that we could have any of the non-alcoholic specialty drinks as a standard DDP beverage. She also offered that if our DD7 wanted one of the "quick pick" children's meals that she could substitute the appetizer and dessert if they were not something my DD7 liked. I even asked if she could switch the cheddar cheese soup with the beef and barley soup (not on children's menu) and initially she said no but then said she would double check and would make the switch if she could. When she delivered the soup, it was beef and barley. This was a hit with my DD7 who said this was the best soup she had ever eaten! We found this to be the best 1TS meal of our trip. I'm sorry it was not the same for you. If you have the chance, I would try it another time....I think it may have been an off night and your server sounds terrible.

We met up with DH at Le Cellier for our 12 reservation. Unlike last year we did not wait at all to be seated. Our server was fine but not super nice. Grandma wanted any small salad as an appetizer but they would not allow this in any way shape or form. The salad she they offered as a salad option (not allowed as an appetizer on DDP) was 6.99 but she ended up ordering the Mussels which were 9.99 instead. They clearly have salad and have appetizer size salads on the dinner menu so this was just very diner unfriendly. My son ordered the pizza which comes with veggies and apples for dessert. We had to ask her multiple times to bring him part of his meal while everyone else was eating appetizers. This was the only resturant where if you ordered a set meal you had to have it exactly as it came no subs and no choice to get a dessert. The strictness was again very diner unfriendly. My daughter had plain pasta with carrots and ice cream. I had the cheese soup. It was not blended as smoothly as last year but was still excellent. It definitely does not have carrots despite some of the Internet recipes. FWIW, During the Food and Wine Festival they don't make it the same way. It's not made from scratch then they use a soup starter. The Chef told me because of my soy allergy I have to avoid the soup starter. For my entree I had the New York strip ordered medium. Last year it was very good but this year it was horrible. It was cooked beyond well done, normally I'd send it back but I didn't want everyone to have to wait so I kept it. I could only eat about 3 bites on one lesser cooked area. The waitress didn't even ask why I didn't eat it. DH got the mussels and the Angus burger. He said the mussels were excellent but his burger was extremely over cooked to the point where he too couldn't eat it. Again she didn't even ask why the food was almost totally uneaten. My Dad and Step Mom both got Fillets that were cooked properly and were good. DH and StepMom didn't feel like dessert so they ordered the Moose and S'Mores to give the kids and DH ate the 1 kid dessert we got. My Dad and I had the crème brulee. It was good but it had been garnished with whipped cream and strawberry way in advance and the whipped cream was totally dried out and yucky looking and the strawberry was brown. They did do the brulee topping when i ordered it but it only covered part of the crème because it had been pre-garnished. It can't take that long to throw on 2 squirts of whipped cream and a berry and it really ruined the dessert. Kids were disappointed as this was their favorite restaurant last year and they had had very good chicken fingers there in the past. We will probably skip this one next time. They were taking walk in's for lunch and this was a pretty busy Saturday. The meal took about 1 hour and 20 minutes which was 20 minutes shorter than our dinner last year plus no wait this year and 40 minutes wait last year.

Yvonne

hey! were you there for lunch or dinner?? I am so sorry you had such an awful meal! It was one of my favorites of my trip although the waiter was very slow!! But!! what I wanted to say is that I was also there on Friday, Jan.5th and my boyfriend propossed to me in front of the restaurant! :cloud9: Very sweet and maybe that is why I loved the meal??? We also ordered this bottle of IceWine to celebrate and it was pure HEAVEN!!(Of course, for 120$ a bottle and very small bottle at that it better be good!! LOL:love: )

So sorry you had bad food and service at Le Cellier. DW and I ate dinner there in early Dec. We were on DDP as well. The food was fantastic and the service even better, we even tipped our server above the DDP tip. We always speak up "in a very nice way"if the food is not to our liking. A good restaurant will always try to make it right, if they don't try we put them down as not a good restaurant and usually won't go back again. Consider giving Le Cellier another try and speak up if anything is not right.

Scott

I'm so sorry to hear that you had a bad experience. We ate there for the first time in early December and it was amazing. Our waitress also let us substitute. She explained everything to us about the DDP and about the different breads. I would definately give them another try. And one thing I learned on our past trip...if something is not want you wanted...tell someone. That's the only way it's going to get corrected.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter