Le Cellier - Canadian Perspective?

I see they have poutine on the menu now. Since it is made with a red wine reduction I am almost afraid to ask if it is any good. I am going to assume it tastes nothing like real poutine...
There goes m diet...oh wait, as soon As i booked my trip, my diet went out the window...:rotfl2:

Hi Guys,

I am in the process of trying to reserve Le Cellier for our upcoming Sept trip (i know i know, this may be next to impossible). But i lucked out for a few different days, so im keeping my fingers crossed.

For any Canadians out there that have eaten there - what did you think? I know most of the opinions on LC are divided (people either hate it or love it), but im curious (since it is supposed to be a Canadian restaurant after all).

Thanks!
I honestly think LC is highly overrated! I didnt care for their steak (strip steak was tasteless and too fatty), or famous soup. The bread was nothing to write home about. Never again. Esp now that lunch will be 2 TS credits at lunch too! Although i have to say, if you've never been, i'd give it a try. Esp before it turns into 2 TS credits at lunch!!

I see they have poutine on the menu now. Since it is made with a red wine reduction I am almost afraid to ask if it is any good. I am going to assume it tastes nothing like real poutine...
Im sure its good, but your right, its nothing like the real thing. The lunch poutine is horrendous....its cheese sauce with gravy. BLAH!

Did you manage to get an ADR yet? I am still trying for a later lunch one.

No - i am checking everyday, but haven't see anything open up yet. Feel silly that I didn't re-consider our dates earlier, since I had no problem getting a lunch ressie a few months back.

Good luck to you though!

My DH and I have eaten there a few times and we love it. We both LLOOVVEE the steak and the pretzel bread and the cheddar cheese soup. Its also nice to get a server from our province, its kinda like being at home talking about things that are happening. The desserts are pretty good too!

My husband and I are also huge fans of LeCellier! The steak there is sooo good. Wish we were there right now. It's always a must on our trips to Disney World! Keep trying to get a reservation.:thumbsup2

We went in 2009. The food was good but the two things that left an impression on me was 1) the CMs sounded just like us...no accents!! 2) we really enjoyed talking to our server, finding out how he got the job and what kind of jobs there are for Canadians etc. My daughter really enjoyed hearing his story and based on what he told us still thinks about working there one day.

Lunch on the DDP is a must do. Dinner for 2 credits I am not sure. But as mentioned, the filet mignon and risotto is spectacular. I thought the ambiance was plain for such high reviews. But as a fellow Canadian, I enjoyed conversing with the college kids from Canada. I'd say do it at least once.

We were there in Feb and had a bad experience. The steak was raw. Not pink but blue! The service was also terrible also. Maybe we were there on an off day.
I would like to try it again but not sure it is worth 2 creidts on the dining plan.

Its good... but from an Albertan's perspective... the steaks arent up to par with some of the steak houses around here... Great none the less, just not AMAZING. Found it a little over salted. Service was great though! All that was missing as a Caesar! This is the only thing the restaurant needs to be TRULY Canadian!

DbleTheFun - Do you mean Bloody Caesar's?

They do have them, my husband and i get one every trip, below is rigth off the menu at the disney site

Le Cellier Caesar
A Canadian favorite featuring Iceberg Vodka, Clamato Juice,
and a blend of Seasonings 6.50

My DW and I have only been the once, but it surpassed my high expectations for it. That said, I can't fathom spending 2 TS credits.
One of the common American complaints about Le Cellier is that everything is "too salty". I tell them that's authentic Canadian food. You take a product that's sold in both markets, Canadian and America, and odds are very good it's reformulated for the Canadian market: more salt. (Contrariwise, American products tend to be sweeter--I know many of the desserts at Disney are almost cloyingly sweet to my palate.)

notice...I don't like salt on my food...french fries are usually too salty for me..:rotfl2:

That being said, I do find some desserts are sweeter at Disney than what I am used too.

Ironically it was the most difficult restaurant for our teen kids to find something that they would eat. Our meals were good, I wouldn't rave about it like others do. Not worth 2 credits on the dining plan if you have that. As my DH put, with all the restaurants around the world showcase why the heck did you pick something I get all the time?????? This trip we have a 4 year old so its Norway and Italy for DH.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter