• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Laundry Question

Both washers and dryers take quarters, if I remember correctly it was 2.00 to wash and 2.00 to dry. There is also a vending machine for laundry supplies. There is also a ice machine at the comfort stations that is 2.00 for a bag of ice.

There is a change machine in the laundry room. You will need your magic band to access the laundry room, it is locked at all times.

You can also save yourself the trouble of the sensitive change machines and instead buy rolls of quarters at the Trading posts.

Part of my packing list is stop by the bank for a roll or two of quarters. I could get change there but why risk the machine being down when I need it.

I want to pass along this thread I saw on the DIS Resorts board. Looks like credit/debit card operated laundry machines are being implemented elsewhere at WDW. Coming to FW soon?

http://www.disboards.com/threads/new-laundry-machines-coming-to-disney-world-resorts.3396347/

Bama Ed

1) Yes.
2) But, no scheduled date, yet.
3) it will sure stop the complaints of the change machine malfunctioning.
4) We can just blame it on the credit card processing company.
5) Life is good.

Sounds like good things coming... :) The change machines give change for $1 and $5 bills. No issues with the machines for us.

I don't know if I like the idea of a credit card machine for the Washers and Dryers. I know other places that have typically been coin-op that now take Credit cards (Car washes?) charge a "Premium" for their use.

I think a better idea would be to make them capable of billing to the Magic Bands and then pay at the end of your visit. No continual premium on Credit cards (Only once at the final payment) and no worries of "Quarter Machine" issues.

As big as Disney is, I think this would be another revenue stream for them instead of using an outside vendor. Maybe it's not big enough, but with all the resorts, I would think it could be.

I try to minimize my "Laundry" but when you stay for 2 weeks, it's tough.

As big as Disney is, I think this would be another revenue stream for them instead of using an outside vendor. Maybe it's not big enough, but with all the resorts, I would think it could be.

But it is a revenue stream, the company pays Disney to provide this service. Its more than just using a credit card, they have a website that tells you how many machines are in use at the time and when they will be done. If you set it up, they will also text or maybe email you when you laundry is done.

Disney doesn't want to have to service washing machines. I've also read in that other thread that its the same machines so Disney didn't own them before the switch.

Its just like all the water recreation on the lakes is run by Sammy Duvall's Watersports another outside vendor. Also some of the restaurants inside the parks are from outside companies. I think there are a few more examples, just can't think of anymore.

Last edited:
But it is a revenue stream, the company pays Disney to provide this service. Its more than just using a credit card, they have a website that tells you how many machines are in use at the time and when they will be done. If you set it up, they will also text or maybe email you when you laundry is done.

Disney doesn't want to have to service washing machines. I've also read in that other thread that its the same machines so Disney didn't own them before the switch.

Its just like all the water recreation on the lakes is run by Sammy Duvall's Watersports another outside vendor. Also some of the restaurants inside the parks are from outside companies. I think there are a few more examples, just can't think of anymore.
More than you would imagine is actually outsourced at Disney including the laundry, some restaurants (at resorts as well as parks), some recreational activities, the park maps, times guides, the list goes on and on.

More than you would imagine is actually outsourced at Disney including the laundry, some restaurants (at resorts as well as parks), some recreational activities, the park maps, times guides, the list goes on and on.

Since you you also listed some cost centers you can add maybe the biggest, IT.

Hey, I work in IT. I'd love a job at Disney! :rolleyes1

DW is excellent in "Planning" and DD is great at art and music.... Anyone want to hire a 'Troop'? :stitch2:

Hey, I work in IT. I'd love a job at Disney! :rolleyes1

DW is excellent in "Planning" and DD is great at art and music.... Anyone want to hire a 'Troop'? :stitch2:

Years ago around 1999 I knew my days at my current job were numbered. We just came back from a WDW trip and somewhat jokingly looked up WDW IT jobs. Like most companies at the time they outsourced their Y2K work and came to the conclusion that a lot more IT could also be outsourced. Needless to say it was not a good time to find an IT job.

Now I would like to semi retire at WDW and I don't mind cleaning tables. I did it when I started my first jobs in Food Service 35 years ago I can end it there. :)

Last edited:
I checked out the thread that Ed referenced since another poster said they were installing the new laundry machines this week. I have to say I am impressed!

If you go to the website you can look at each comfort station in the Fort and see how many machines are in use before you head out with your laundry in tow. I think that's pretty awesome, especially in addition to getting a text when your laundry is done. It does look like there was a price increase to 2.50 per load though, figures. Here's the link in case anyone else wants it!

http://www.laundryview.com/disneyworld/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter