• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Late summer room discounts?

PrincessSophiasMom

Mouseketeer
I remember maybe last year or the year before Disney offering a room discount for late summer bookings. Is this a normal thing for Disney to do each year? I want to book a long weekend at the end of August before school starts but if they typically offer room discounts I will wait a little while before booking, thanks!!!

I'm not sure, but I'm hoping for a Free Dining promotion during the same time. We are booked at CBR from 8/26-9/2, so any type of discount would be great.

Only discount now is the summer discount for values with a free QS meal per guest per night of your stay that runs until the first couple of weeks in August. This is discount that has only been offered to select groups in the past. This year's discounts are shaping up to be different than years prior.

The question of booking now or later is difficult. Of course booking early gets you the room/resort you want and gives you the opportunity to book your dining reservation 180 plus. Unfortunately this doesn't put you in a better position for discounts, in fact it hurts your chances. Disney's offers are limited. They only discount available rooms. Booking in advance lessens the amount of discounted rooms.

I remember maybe last year or the year before Disney offering a room discount for late summer bookings. Is this a normal thing for Disney to do each year? I want to book a long weekend at the end of August before school starts but if they typically offer room discounts I will wait a little while before booking, thanks!!!
http://www.mousesavers.com/historical-information-on-walt-disney-world-resort-discounts/#codechart

No guarantees for 2016, but it will give you an idea of what has been offered in the past and when it was offered.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter