Late night service in DTD

dizluvr71

Mouseketeer
Anyone have suggestions as to where we might get a bite to eat in DTD say after 10:30pm? We leave home at 10:45am and don't arrive in Orlando until 9:15pm. We are staying at POFQ but I'm not sure if we should try and get a bite to eat at the airport or take our chances that something will be open late at DTD.

Any suggestions??

Only 47 more days until our first trip to the World!!! :banana:

I think it might be easier to try for snacks at DTD; we had pretzels from Wetzels after midnight...I think earl of sandwich might have been open until 11, but I'm not positive.

I *think* the restaurant half of HOB might be open that late... better check before you count on it, though. If you go the snack route, there's a gyro stand at PI that comes recommended.

Plus what better way to unwind after a long day of travelling than a Kungaloosh? :)

I know that Wolfgang Pucks (over on the West Side) will still be serving. We arrived very late last week and stopped in at about 10:40 p.m. to eat. When we left it was about midnight (we sat and relaxed for some time as our server still had quite a few tables.)

I think most of the restaurants serve until at least 11:00 p.m.

Sue Ellen

cityofweasels said:
Plus what better way to unwind after a long day of travelling than a Kungaloosh? :)

Thanks for all your help, but now I'm curious, what's a Kungaloosh?? :rolleyes:

dizluvr71 said:

OH NO!!! What's a kungaloosh you ask? *gasp*

All I have to say is head over to the Adventure's Club at Pleasure Island ;)
Mmmm...I am dreaming of one right now...YUMMY! :drinking1

Kungaloosh!

Wow, after travelling all day I don't think I would be able to wait to eat. By the time you get a rental car (or other transporation), arrive at PO, check-in, unload your luggage and grab a ride to DTD, it will probably be close to 11:00 PM. Orlando airport has some decent places to eat and would probably relieve some stress to eat first. JMO.

There are some places in PI as well, like the missing link sausage company ( what a great name! ) and there was a Gyros place on the street too, so if you cant find a sit down place they might be a good shot.

dizluvr71 said:

What isn't a Kungaloosh? It's a hello, a goodbye, a... well, for our purposes here, it's a drink. Rum and blackberry brandy against a strawberrry daiquirish background. As Pumpkinfish points out, head over to the Adventurer's Club and get acquainted with a few. pirate:

Once we did not get to DTD until about 10:30. The only thing that we could get into was McDonald's.

cityofweasels said:
What isn't a Kungaloosh? It's a hello, a goodbye, a... well, for our purposes here, it's a drink. Rum and blackberry brandy against a strawberrry daiquirish background. As Pumpkinfish points out, head over to the Adventurer's Club and get acquainted with a few. pirate:

That's sounds TASTY!! After a long day of travelling I may need more than a few. :p

As far as food goes we will have snacks packed for the plane ride, just wanted to make sure we could get a bite to eat when we arrive. DSD16 and DS8 I know will be very hungry even with snacks.

Thanks again for all your responses. :disrocks:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter