Late night arrival

CalifLynn

Mouseketeer
what is everyone’s experience with super late nite arrivals? We land at MCO at 1:50am, am I better booking a night at the Hyatt at the airport or heading straight to WDW? Does The Disney bus even run that late if I want to stay at a Disney resort?i hate spending money on a hotel that night but don’t have any other options. FYI, it’s just me and my 16 yo daughter, so no young children involved. Going straight to WDW resort seems easier, but I worry about getting a room I hate and having no option to change because it will be 3 or 4 in the morning. Any thoughts?

We stay at the Hyatt anytime we get in at 9 pm or after. It is so nice to just take the elevator up to your room and get a good nights sleep and head to your resort in the morning.

what is everyone’s experience with super late nite arrivals? We land at MCO at 1:50am, am I better booking a night at the Hyatt at the airport or heading straight to WDW? Does The Disney bus even run that late if I want to stay at a Disney resort?i hate spending money on a hotel that night but don’t have any other options. FYI, it’s just me and my 16 yo daughter, so no young children involved. Going straight to WDW resort seems easier, but I worry about getting a room I hate and having no option to change because it will be 3 or 4 in the morning. Any thoughts?

We've arrived late several times (after midnight) and have always booked that night at our resort. It can be a little more expensive than other options depending on your resort, but we like checking in and getting settled and waking up the next morning ready go without having to move. As far as getting an undesirable room, that can be hit or miss. We once checked into the Poly around 1:30 am and got a great room that matched 2 out of our 3 requests, with the 3rd request being met if we wanted to move the next day. We chose to stay put, but I wanted to point out that just because you check in late doesn't mean you will get a bad/undesirable room.

We always drive and arrive after midnight and like mickeynut1 mentioned, we also like getting to our room to settle in and start the day already at Disney instead of spending a night elsewhere and getting up earlier and having to travel to our resort. We have a lot of trips under our belt and we have only had a few times we needed to change rooms. Most of the time, our room is what we requested or very close.

You might get your room ready text early enough that you could contact them via phone and have it switched earlier than your arrival.

This is a tough one for me. I've always wondered what I would do if I had a late flight coming in and always wondered what it would like to stay in the airport hotel.

You might get your room ready text early enough that you could contact them via phone and have it switched earlier than your arrival.

FWIW, they'd be speaking to a call center (not the resort) and they can still switch your room out until you're physically on the property.

If it were me, I'd still go straight to WDW for reasons already mentioned. We also like to get there, get unpacked, settled in, and then you can sleep in a little later the next morning before heading to the parks. Either route you go, you'd still have to grab your own bags that time of night. I find that checking in and out at the Hyatt is unnecessary time spent when you can just go straight to WDW and do all that once.

We've arrived as late as 3:30 am, and never gotten a bad room (not the best though). Ironically, the one time our room was so unacceptable as to ask to be moved, we'd checked in around 5:00, and they couldn't move us until the next day. We've had several after-midnight arrivals and never gotten a totally unacceptable room at that time.

We almost always arrive at WDW after midnight, and we never stay in an airport hotel that first night. Sometimes we've gotten exactly the room we requested, sometimes we've gotten an okay room, very rarely (once or twice in 20-odd trips) we have gotten a 'bad' room, and once we were upgraded to a club level 1 bedroom suite.

Now, when we have a really early morning flight, that's when we'll stay at the Hyatt at MCO. It makes getting up a lot easier in the morning.

Arriving that late I'd opt for the airport Hyatt. Its probably cheaper than a WDW hotel anyway. You'll be able to sleep well and get started the next day whenever you feel like getting up while still hitting WDW for a full day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter