late for a reservation

bratsmum

Earning My Ears
Hi

Just wondering what happens if we are late for a reservation, we have a 7.20 breakfast in chef mickey and i am just panicking how long it will take us to get there from the carribbean beach!! Forgot we would be using buses and not have a car when booking it!!!

Depends on how late.
If only by a few minutes then everything should be fine.
If by a bit longer well then they may give away your reservation and you'd be charged a no show fee of $10 per person.

Hi

Just wondering what happens if we are late for a reservation, we have a 7.20 breakfast in chef mickey and i am just panicking how long it will take us to get there from the carribbean beach!! Forgot we would be using buses and not have a car when booking it!!!
Instead of using the bus, take a cab or uber to that breakfast reservation.

Yes, do a taxi for sure.

One time we were so late for our Kona Cafe breakfast that it was lunch time - they laughed and seated us right away. This was before the $10 charge though....

Pay for Uber or a taxi. Chef Mickey's is very popular, and if you run more than a few minutes late you risk not being seated at all.

ADR Times and Tardiness "411":
1) WDW advises you to be at the ADR 15-minutes early.
2) You are expected to meet your ADR time, just like any other appt.
3) Being on-time is your responsibility, not that of WDW.
4) If late, they *can* cancel the ADR.
5) Under normal conditions, they usually allow up to a 15-minute lateness, but this is kindness, not a Grace Period.
6) If really busy, (eg, Free Dining, Holidays), there might be no Grace Period.
7) If you miss the ADR, you *might* have the ability to wait for a table.
8) For waiting times, there is no estimate, waits of 1-1½ hrs are common.
. . . if the eatery is not too busy, wait times could be minimal
. . . just depends upon the individual day-time-etc
9) They also have the option of canceling and just sending you away.
10) These options are at the discretion of the SEATER on duty at the podium.
11) Plus, it is up the eatery manager to decide if you get charged the $10/person no-show fee.

I agree with PPs: Take an Uber! It's worth it to eliminate the stress and uncertainty of Disney transportation in that situation.

After 15 mins they will give your seat away (It's happened to me)

1) And, many times sooner/earlier.
2) It is not Disney's responsibility to make certain you are on-time.
3) It is the guests' responsibility.
4) What if Disney, or any other establishment allowed everyone to be late for their appointment?
. . . scheduling mess
. . . inconsiderate to other people who ARE on-time

NOTE:
I see no reason for anyone to be late for an ADR.
There are simply too many alternatives to being on-time.
. . . if traveling from another park or resort:, take uBer, Lyft, taxi
. . . if in the park or resort of the restaurant: leave earlier form the previous activity-ride-experience

PERSONAL OPINION:
I find being late for an appointment-ressie-ADR to be one of the highest forms of insult to the business and/or other patrons.

Last edited:
1) And, many times sooner/earlier.
2) It is not Disney's responsibility to make certain you are on-time.
3) It is the guests' responsibility.
4) What if Disney, or any other establishment allowed everyone to be late for their appointment?
. . . scheduling mess
. . . inconsiderate to other people who ARE on-time

NOTE:
I see no reason for anyone to be late for an ADR.
There are simply too many alternatives to being on-time.
. . . if traveling from another park or resort:, take uBer, Lyft, taxi
. . . if in the park or resort of the restaurant: leave earlier form the previous activity-ride-experience

PERSONAL OPINION:
I find being late for an appointment-ressie-ADR to be one of the highest forms of insult to the establishment and other patrons.

I didn't complain that my reservation was given away...sheesh

We use the buses 99% of the time, but for an early resort adr, I'll happily spring for the cab. It's not worth the worry and extra early wake up time to allow for an hour or more of travel.

Uber, Lyft, cab or Minnie Van. I wouldn't rely on Disney transportations for that reservation.

Question. What about families with too many kids who need car seats? I always chuckle when people say "Just taxi! Just Lyft! Just Uber! Because most people with multiple babies/toddlers can't just hop in a car. We have a 2yo and 1yo and need 2 car seats. They can only provide 1. Minnie Van would be great for us but not rolled out everywhere yet.

Our solution is that we simply won't do resort to resort dining if we don't have a rental car. We don't book anything that is hard to get to. We will eat at the resort we are staying at, Disney Springs or in-park only (But I hope Minnie Vans are fully rolled out by our next visit in May!)

But, my question is ... is there a better way?

I always chuckle when people say "Just taxi! Just Lyft! Just Uber! Because most people with multiple babies/toddlers can't just hop in a car. We have a 2yo and 1yo and need 2 car seats.

1) Different people have different circumstances.
2) One needs to plan for circumstances they know will occur.
3) For multiple car seats, tell the Concierge or Bellman, and let them arrange for a car or van for travel with adequate accommodations.

Question. What about families with too many kids who need car seats? I always chuckle when people say "Just taxi! Just Lyft! Just Uber! Because most people with multiple babies/toddlers can't just hop in a car. We have a 2yo and 1yo and need 2 car seats. They can only provide 1. Minnie Van would be great for us but not rolled out everywhere yet.

Our solution is that we simply won't do resort to resort dining if we don't have a rental car. We don't book anything that is hard to get to. We will eat at the resort we are staying at, Disney Springs or in-park only (But I hope Minnie Vans are fully rolled out by our next visit in May!)

But, my question is ... is there a better way?

I wouldn't call it a "better" way because it's not feasible for most but I guess the only 'other' way would be renting a car.

a cast member once told me they drop the reservation if you don't arrive within 15 minutes after the reservation time. they also charge you a fee if you miss it.

a cast member once told me they drop the reservation if you don't arrive within 15 minutes after the reservation time. they also charge you a fee if you miss it.

1) Some Cast Members are simply wrong about the ADR and No-Show Penalty.
2) The "15 minutes" mentioned assumes a Grace Period.
. . . Disney does not have ADR Grace Periods
. . . some eateries may give a courtesy allowance, if they are not too busy
. . . but, it is not "policy"
. . . in crowded times, do not expect restaurants to hold the ADR past the ADR time
3) If they cancel your ADR, charging the $10 No-Show Penalty is not automatic.
. . . only the restaurant "Duty Manager" at the end of the day can make the decision to charge the penalty
. . . the podium CM (aka: SEATER) presses a computer key to denote a No-Show, at the Podium CM's discretion
. . . at the end of the day, the manager looks at the computer and sees all the marked ADRs that were identified as No-Show
. . . the manager then either let's it pass without a fee or hits a key to charge the guest
4) See the above ADR Times and Tardiness "411" guidelines.
NOTE1:
As for ADR Policy "these are not rules, but more like guidelines".
As an example: Although WDW wants you to check-in 15-minutes early, some eateries do not permit check-in until 5-minutes before your ADR time.
NOTE2:
Many eateries allow folks who missed an ADR to simply show up at the podium anytime during the day and apologize and they do not get charged a No Show Penalty.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter