Late Flight

Drewmama

Mouseketeer
Our flight after our cruise doesn't leave MCO until almost 7p. Does anyone have experience with booking a day room at a hotel close to the airport? Sounds like we'll be off the ship by 8-9a and I don't feel like sitting at the airport that whole time. Unfortunately, my son will probably have to catch up on schoolwork (we're taking him out of school for a week), so I figured a nice quiet hotel room would be better.

We got a day room after our last cruise. Worked well for us. Went down to the food court and got some food and brought it back to the room. Worked well for us.

We got a day room after our last cruise. Worked well for us. Went down to the food court and got some food and brought it back to the room. Worked well for us.

Were you able to check your luggage in early or did you just wait until closer to your flight time?

We also were not able to check our bags until about 3-4 hours before for southwest. I recommend the day room at the Hyatt. It is a nice respite.

Our flight was not until 7pm either. we loved having the day room. very comfortable way to pass the time.

We always get a late flight home. Have you considered renting a car and going to the Kennedy Space Center for the day, exploring Cocoa Beach or going to Disney Springs for lunch before returning your car to the airport before your flight?

We always get a late flight home. Have you considered renting a car and going to the Kennedy Space Center for the day, exploring Cocoa Beach or going to Disney Springs for lunch before returning your car to the airport before your flight?

I did consider this but my son has school the next day. He'll be missing a week of school and I was hoping he could catch up on schoolwork before our flight home. Kind of a bummer to end our trip that way but prices in February were much more affordable for us than in the summer.

We had a great experience with the day room yesterday.
We had a very late flight and little kids so the opportunity to have some afternoon quiet time was invaluable.
We’d do it again in a heartbeat.

We had a great experience with the day room yesterday.
We had a very late flight and little kids so the opportunity to have some afternoon quiet time was invaluable.
We’d do it again in a heartbeat.

How much time before your flight did you head down to check your bags? Our flight is at 6:50p. Would checking out of the hotel at 5p be enough time? We have TSA precheck.

How much time before your flight did you head down to check your bags? Our flight is at 6:50p. Would checking out of the hotel at 5p be enough time? We have TSA precheck.
We went down 2.5 hours before. That's just our experience and I'd be hesitant to offer you any specific recommendations since it's not something I'm an expert on.
I will say the security lines can look really bad but they move quickly. We joined the line at B when it was out almost to the fountain and were through in 10-15 minutes. The thing that slowed the process down wasn't the security process or TSA staff but the number of people unprepared to present their boarding passes and photo id. It was unbelievable!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter