Late dining?

Levijean21

Earning My Ears
We are planning on doing late dining as many of our stops are later in the day... What time are you usually out of the mdr w/ late seating?
Thanks

We are planning on doing late dining as many of our stops are later in the day... What time are you usually out of the mdr w/ late seating?
Thanks

Around 10:00. Could be a bit earlier or later, depending on how quickly you ask for your service to be.

We are planning on doing late dining as many of our stops are later in the day

Remember that the shows for your dining will be *before* dining. So if you want to see the shows, you'll still need to be ready for those.

I didn't realize how late it would be... Did anyone ask for a speedy dinner? In main I've always been out by 7... Was hoping no longer then an hour and 1/2. How do you get to the adults shows if your At dinner so long?

We never asked for a speedy dinner, we took our time b/c it was really the only time during the day we were all together. I'm sure you could get out much sooner if you wanted.

I didn't realize how late it would be... Did anyone ask for a speedy dinner? In main I've always been out by 7... Was hoping no longer then an hour and 1/2. How do you get to the adults shows if your At dinner so long?

Since late dinner is typically around 8:30, 10:00 is 1 1/2 hours. As noted, you can certainly ask your server to "speed it up". They do try to run the service as you'd like.

We've had no problems with seeing adult shows with a late seating.

On my trip...
  • 6:15 Early show
  • 8:15 dinner time
  • 9:15 meal was finished, but just stayed back for the ambiance. There was no need to request server for faster service. The big slowdown at our table was trying to decide what to eat from the menu. Everything looked so good!
  • 10pm lots of time for evening events. I prefer to sleep past midnight when room traffic is quieter.

The later dinner also gave me a later breakfast on the final day. The later breakfast meant I had a seat and table to wait for my Disembarkation time.

On my trip... [*]6:15 Early show [*]8:15 dinner time [*]9:15 meal was finished, but just stayed back for the ambiance. There was no need to request server for faster service. The big slowdown at our table was trying to decide what to eat from the menu. Everything looked good. [*]10pm lots of time for evening events The later dinner also gave me a later breakfast on the final day.
This would be perfect! Also those of you who did late dining if you would see the family shows not in the Walt... But like who wants to be a Mouseketeer... Did you go to the 730 or 945 show?

This would be perfect! Also those of you who did late dining if you would see the family shows not in the Walt... But like who wants to be a Mouseketeer... Did you go to the 730 or 945 show?

We were never once out of late dining before 10 on any cruise we've had it. We are quick to order and eat, and it still took at least 1.5 hours. So, don't plan on making the 9:45 show. If it's something you want to see, go early.

We were out by 9:15 on our cruise in November, it was just the 4 of us at our table.

We always have early seating but did late on our last cruise. I was surprised that we were walking out of the dining room by 9:15 every night. We would see the kids club gathering up the kids to take back to the Oceaneers Club at the front of the restaurant. I was really surprised how quickly it went and we didn't ask for a speedy dinner.

We always have early seating but did late on our last cruise. I was surprised that we were walking out of the dining room by 9:15 every night. We would see the kids club gathering up the kids to take back to the Oceaneers Club at the front of the restaurant. I was really surprised how quickly it went and we didn't ask for a speedy dinner.

So, do they pick the kids up at 9:15 or so? We will have some younger kids traveling with us on our next trip - nice that they come get them.

Jodie

So, do they pick the kids up at 9:15 or so? We will have some younger kids traveling with us on our next trip - nice that they come get them. Jodie

They will pick the kids up at the door--they won't come in and get them. Because we've never been seated near the door for late dining, I've never even noticed them picking kids up. Be sure to keep an eye out. :)

They will pick the kids up at the door--they won't come in and get them. Because we've never been seated near the door for late dining, I've never even noticed them picking kids up. Be sure to keep an eye out. :)

I have been seated at the front and still never saw them. You have to let the servers know to expedite the kids' meals and keep track of time to bring or send them out there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter