• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Last time you went to the movies, how much was the price of admission?

$7.50 adult, $5 child here after 5pm ($5 for everyone before that). Plus on Tuesdays one brand of theaters has $5 all-day admission + $2 popcorn and pops. I go through Rush49 and deal flicks to get $120 of theater "credit" for $30-$36.

Our local theater is $11.50 for a regular showing (not Imax or 3D) after 3 PM. I think the Imax and 3D showings are around $15 per person.

I think the theater we go to is $8.50 a ticket for evening movies. I don't like movies but love going this theater because it's like the ones people posted pictures of above - comfy seats, they bring you food and drinks, and the people there are really nice. :)

During peak time, $8 at our local independent theatre, which is just a plain old-fashioned theatre, or $10 at the chain place closest to our house, which has reserved seating, oversized recliners, a small bar, etc. But DH hates going in the evenings - he likes having the theatre practically to ourselves - so we usually go during the day when it is $6 ($5 before noon).

Regular showing - $8.50 (all day except between 4-5pm movies)
Bargain showing - $6.50 (for movies playing between 4-5pm)

My sons were thinking about going to see Deadpool this evening, now maybe it's because it was a Saturday night show but come on, $19.00 bucks a ticket. Yeesh.

I can't remember how much it was for Star wars but I did go to see "The big short" and I think I got a 10 buck ticket.

I do like going to the movies, some thing about the big screen experience but wowza, this is getting insane.
Went and saw Eddie the Eagle on Friday, $9.00, Brooklyn the week before was $7.50, Danish Girl $8

We went to the movies on Friday. It was $10.29/ticket. We rarely see anything in the theatre and when we do it is usually the early show on a Saturday to save money. Since there was something we really wanted to see and we were kid-free for the evening we splurged.

My sons were thinking about going to see Deadpool this evening, now maybe it's because it was a Saturday night show but come on, $19.00 bucks a ticket. Yeesh.

I can't remember how much it was for Star wars but I did go to see "The big short" and I think I got a 10 buck ticket.

I do like going to the movies, some thing about the big screen experience but wowza, this is getting insane.

$5.00 Our local theater does $5.00 seat for all (non 3D) shows all day Tuesday and Wednesday. That's the only time we ever go to the movies. The last time we went was to see Star Wars.

Their regular prices are
All regular shows after 6 PM are $9.75 for adults ($11.75 for 3D) and $7.00 for children and seniors ($9.00 for 3D). Showtimes enclosed in "( )" are
matinee shows and cost only $7.00 ($9.00 for 3D).

WE have two theaters near us one is an itch house type they charge 7.50 mat and 9.50 night, The other one is a new stadium type that charges 9.50 for matinees and 12.00 for night. I always go to the stadium theater.

Our favorite theatre is $5.50 before 6pm on weekdays, all seats are reserved and they are those recliners. I know it's more at night and on weekends but we are too cheap to go when it's full price. Although I did spend $13 a ticket for a midnight Star Wars showing.

We went last Saturday afternoon to see Dead Pool. It was $8 each at our theater for reserved seating in leather recliners. Those darn things spoil you! I'm not sure I could sit in normal theater chairs anymore lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter