• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Last time you stayed up all night

Last week, I was working the night shift;)

March. My last night shift. As long as I'm moving I can stay awake. Just don't sit down. :rotfl:
When I worked nights, I typically slept before my shift from about 3-10p. I just couldn't settle down to sleep after work. This was the only way I could manage it.

Night shifter here, so LAST, last night ( Thursday to Friday) trying to flip back for my Sunday day shift now. Bring in the coffee!

last spring on a red eye flight......decided I am too old for those anymore!!

Last March when we went to WDW. We left about 5 p.m. after I had worked all day. I drove the first couple hours. DH had slept all day so he could drive through the night. Even though he was driving, I felt like I needed to stay up to keep him company. We arrived at our hotel the next morning at 9 a.m. We ate breakfast and hung out in the arcade until our room was ready. As soon as we walked in the room DD threw up on the floor and had spiked a high fever, so we brought her to a walk in clinic. She had a severe ear infection. They gave her a shot and she was a new person in minutes. By the time we picked up her antibiotics it was late afternoon and I was still wearing the same clothes I wore to work the day before!

Last December when my father passed away, I stayed awake for 80 hours. I think I'm still recovering from it.

I worked graveyard shift for 25 years, and these days my work day starts at 3 am, so I am probably the wrong person to ask. I got up yesterday at 2 am for work, and went to bed at 1 am this morning because we went to a baseball game last night, so in a typical week I am probably awake at every hour of the day at some point.

For a full 24 hours was the Valentine's Day snowstorm we had in '07. I'm a nurse and was mandated straight on until the next morning because the roads were impassable and no one could get to work.

At least twice a week, I cannot sleep, insomnia. Hate menopause. The only thing I can look forward too is the next night, I won't even remember my head hitting the pillow. Last week at 2:00 a.m.my sister saw that I was up, she lives across the street,and we went for a walk at 4:30 and watched the sun come up, while we walked. She has the same thing.

Last Night :goodvibes I work the night shift. My hours were 12am to 12pm but I got them moved recently to 6pm to 630 am.

I worked 7p to 7a yesterday. Was in bed by 8am this morning, up at noon. Now I have 3 nights off!

Sometime in April. I teach and chaperoned the senior trip to Universal/Islands of Adventure for Grad Bash which is alllll night. I was dead tired. Never again!

Last month. Our 4 year old dog had a stroke in her spine (FCE) out of the blue was temporarily paralyzed. She had to be turned over every other hour so she didn't get bed sores (she was paralyzed from mid back to tail including her back legs).

My dd and I took turns that first week sleeping on the couch (or trying to with not much success) to keep an eye on her and take her out (she had no control of her potty habits). We had to watch to make sure she didn't dirty her bedding and carry her outside to go potty and that was no easy trick! She could not make it up the stairs to sleep upstairs and we would not leave her alone.

She is finally able to stand and walk again and can get upstairs so we all have been back in our own beds again! She completed 9 sessions of physical therapy.

MJ

For me it was 4 years ago. I was competing in a cold show culinary salon. It's a competition based only on how the food looks. Everything is coated in aspic to preserve the look. You have to have everything set up for judging by 7 am. By 8 they begin judging and by 11 they begin announcing the winners. So basically you cook all night and set up your plates and everything. I won 2 silver medals (I entered 2 categories)....so that was exciting.

Last week Monday night. We had some nasty thunderstorms pass through overnight. They started just as I was trying to fall asleep. Then I was anticipating my 7 year old waking up so I couldn't relax. Darn kid slept through the entire storm even though we had some really loud thunder cracks. First time in his life he slept through a thunderstorm and I was still up all night expecting him to be up. Even after the thunder stopped I still couldn't sleep because the wind and the rain were crazy, it sounded almost like a hurricane outside!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter