Last night of MSEP in WDW tonight!!!!! (oct 9)

Welp, im not going to be on facebook. People are literally throwing punches for front row at 11 and execs around are ignoring.

Its not safe to stay here and im not getting banned protecting my daughter. Off to guest relations
Wow, I'm right in front of the confectionary and everything is ok here.

Welp, im not going to be on facebook. People are literally throwing punches for front row at 11 and execs around are ignoring.

Its not safe to stay here and im not getting banned protecting my daughter. Off to guest relations

Yikes, where are you?

It's pretty calm in Liberty Square with good views.

Back at the very end, were now perfect spot at the start of the parade next to reserved. So fb back on again. ill start it up about 10 to 15 mins

Last edited:
Ack, it was crazy there. We hopped over and I had forgotten about the parade. So we did space and ran for the car. I can't handle wall to wall people like that.

I watched the stream. Couldn't help the twinge of sadness. Especially because IT PROBABLY WILL BE REPLACED BY NOTHING. There probably will never be a nighttime parade at WDW ever again. Gradually they get rid of everything that used to make them so good. Eventually there'll be nothing to distinguish them from other theme parks anymore, due to how the execs think now

My connection must have sucked cause everyone's Facebook live videos just stuttered to no end. I know I can watch a playback and its fine, but I wanted to say goodbye LIVE!

damn tubes were clogged!

I was getting bumped a lot and in facebook it kept focusing on strange things and no way to fix but point elsewhere.

Was it just me or was there more of the little turtles and things in the front than normal.

Last edited:
Made it home, that was just insane tonight.. bummed i missed being at the very end to send it off but i got an ok spot as i was leaving. Funny to find craig 15 feet away and main street was least crowded with cms handling things. The back was a free for all. I think the blue shirt tour groups are better behaved and we alk know how they are.

I dont mind crowds but that was just one of those im entitled push their way around rude crowds. Not the whole crowd, just that back corner.

I was able to Periscope the 9pm parade from my spot in Frontierland and it came out great. But I sat down at my spot for about 90 minutes and stayed sitting at the rope so nothing would block my view lol.

The 11pm parade was a whole other story. I got backed up in the Celebrate the Magic and Wishes traffic and couldn't get a decent spot for the parade. I ended up just off to the side of the castle, behind the walking path, so I was able to see okay, but my broadcast was horrible.

Oh well, the place was an absolute madhouse last night! But I'm glad I got to wish MSEP goodbye. I'll miss it!

I bet they replace it with something. I read a rumor on another board about a parade called "Paint the Night"?

Glad we choose not to go to MK last night. My dad liked MSEP more than me but neither of us like crowds. Sounds like it was crazy enough as is being a holiday weekend just after a major hurricane. EPCOT was crowded but still very comfortable.

I bet they replace it with something. I read a rumor on another board about a parade called "Paint the Night"?
Paint the night will be running in DL select nights over the holidays if it were to move east the earliest I'd assume we'd get it is April or May but that's soly on assumption

Paint the night will be running in DL select nights over the holidays if it were to move east the earliest I'd assume we'd get it is April or May but that's soly on assumption

Well that's if they plan to move it and not just make a third one. but it won't be around until the 50th most likely (5 years).

Pandora is most likely the big new thing for WDW unless attendance really tanks or they just need to get the MK numbers up for some reason.

Is this the first time Magic Kingdom has been without a night parade? It's really disappointing that it is not being replaced at this time. I was just watching some old You Tube videos, and when Spectromagic left in 2010, MSEP started the very next night without missing a beat. The night parade is just such a part of a day at Disney for me. Really sad that the powers that be are okay with just taking it away. Hopefully something is announced soon.

I guess I'll have to make a point to catch Electric Water Pageant on my next trip if MSEP isn't replaced by August.

Is this the first time Magic Kingdom has been without a night parade? It's really disappointing that it is not being replaced at this time. I was just watching some old You Tube videos, and when Spectromagic left in 2010, MSEP started the very next night without missing a beat. The night parade is just such a part of a day at Disney for me. Really sad that the powers that be are okay with just taking it away. Hopefully something is announced soon.

I guess I'll have to make a point to catch Electric Water Pageant on my next trip if MSEP isn't replaced by August.

MK was without a night parade for the first 6 years ('71-'77) until MSEP first made it's WDW premiere.
Since then, the only other time without a night parade was the 2 weeks before the premiere of Spectromagic in September 1991

So sad I couldn't make it down with my mom for the final showing. We went when I was a little girl to the final showing of MSEP when it went away the first time. Sad to know it will be gone for good with no alternate parade at least for a while. My mom and I are headed down for a trip for my 35th birthday in a few weeks though, just couldn't make it earlier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter