• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Last night for Osborne Lights, how crazy do you think it will be?

we will be there too. we arrive on the 3rd so its our only chance to see them.
booked an early flight thinking it was the last day for the christmas parade too but it looks like i was wrong on that one. :/

we will be there too. we arrive on the 3rd so its our only chance to see them.
booked an early flight thinking it was the last day for the christmas parade too but it looks like i was wrong on that one. :/
I thought the same!! The 3rd is my first day and planned HS for lights, MK for parade and Epcot for Soarin but I can apparently take MK off my list.

Will the lights be dancing? We went one year, on the last day of the lights, and the lights were on, but they were not moving.

It sounds like there are people going on the last night, just to see the lights turned off. That sounds very depressing to me.

Will the lights be dancing? We went one year, on the last day of the lights, and the lights were on, but they were not moving.
It depends on the weather. The night we went this year they were not dancing and there was no snow!

It sounds like there are people going on the last night, just to see the lights turned off. That sounds very depressing to me.
I don't really disagree. It will be very sad to see them turn off one last time

Not much I can do to change their plans so I figure I'll see them as long as I can and hope they find a new home somewhere

We will be seeing the Lights for the first and last time on the 3rd. I have always wanted to see them and I feel lucky that we will at least experience them once. I'm going to try to get there during the second Fantasmic show. I'm hoping that the folks that wanted to see them get switched on have dissipated but the ones who want to see them turned off haven't gathered yet...

it is still early, but they are currently calling for rain. Rain may keep the crowds down. If it doesn't rain, it will be slammed, and likely for the entire night until they turn the lights off for the last time. Don't underestimate the power of a farewell performance.

Seasonal AP's are only blocked out for January 1, 2016. Not January 2nd or 3rd...

yes, Florida Resident Seasonal AP (now known as Silver Pass) and Florida Resident/DVC Gold Pass is blocked on the 1st, but not the 2nd or 3rd according to what I'm seeing. Disney however does have a link to a graphic blockout calendar which shows Silver Pass blockouts on the 2nd and 3rd.

Last edited:
it is still early, but they are currently calling for rain. Rain may keep the crowds down. If it doesn't rain, it will be slammed, and likely for the entire night until they turn the lights off for the last time. Don't underestimate the power of a farewell performance.
Rain and cool temps, for now. I keep looking for it to change, as it always does but so far, they are sticking with rain. Still early though.
If the rain does come I'm not sure what we'll do at this point.
I booked the dinner party but now I'm thinking we'll dump that and do something else. Even if it doesn't rain if it does turn cool I don't want to sit outside and eat

You would have to cancel the dinner party for the 3rd no later than the 2nd.
Won't be a problem as I already cancelled it. If it hasn't sold out by now I doubt it will. I know the Dessert Party on the 21st wasn't sold out.
So I figure if we decide it's a must do once we get there we can always try to add it back again

yes, Florida Resident Seasonal AP (now known as Silver Pass) and Florida Resident/DVC Gold Pass is blocked on the 1st, but not the 2nd or 3rd according to what I'm seeing. Disney however does have a link to a graphic blockout calendar which shows Silver Pass blockouts on the 2nd and 3rd.

I can confirm that Silver Pass is not blocked on the 2nd or 3rd, since we just upgraded from Weekday Select to Silver, specifically to see the Comedy Warehouse show on the 2nd (and were able to get FP+ for it). I really think the rain forecast is going to stick (just based on growing up here), and I would expect that to keep the crowds down on the 3rd--probably still really busy, but not slammed. However, we were debating the 2nd vs the 3rd, and ultimately picked the 2nd due to the forecast. A lot of locals will probably do the same. So for anyone going on the 2nd, just a heads-up, I expect it to be insane.

We arrive on the 3rd. This is also my first time seeing the lights. It's the whole point of this trip (used DVC points we planned to rent out), so we'll be there no matter the weather.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter