• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Last Minute Trip

Crazy4DisneyandTink

Mouseketeer
Recently my 18-year-old DS was diagnosed with a chronic medical condition. The condition isn't life threatening, but will definitely affect his quality of life.:(

He has been so down in the dumps that my sister, who lives in Italy, suggests that we take him "home" to cheer him up--IN MID AUGUST! :cheer2:I have never planned a trip in such a short amount of time. I'm excited, but freaking out at the same time. I usually have a year to plan and make payments, but now I have about a month. We really want to give my baby some pixie dust, he really needs it!:tink:

We usually stay deluxe, but I think we need to be a bit more practical. There will be 4 of us going, me, my sister, DS and DD (13).

Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Recently my 18-year-old DS was diagnosed with a chronic medical condition. The condition isn't life threatening, but will definitely affect his quality of life.:(

He has been so down in the dumps that my sister, who lives in Italy, suggests that we take him "home" to cheer him up--IN MID AUGUST! :cheer2:I have never planned a trip in such a short amount of time. I'm excited, but freaking out at the same time. I usually have a year to plan and make payments, but now I have about a month. We really want to give my baby some pixie dust, he really needs it!:tink:

We usually stay deluxe, but I think we need to be a bit more practical. There will be 4 of us going, me, my sister, DS and DD (13).

Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

We recently did a last minute trip too, and I'm such a planner like you. We ended up staying at the Swan for the first time. It had a deluxe feel, but the price was more in the moderate range. We loved being able to walk to Epcot and HS. I'm usually making ADRs at the 180 day mark, but we got everything we wanted 6 weeks out, except for CRT. We were able to secure fast passes for everything. It's definitely doable!
Sending pixie dust to you and your family!:goodvibes

There are still discounts for August at the deluxe and moderate resorts. Also depending on when you go, it will be fastpass time any day - so you are not late for that. I am so sorry about your son - I pray you get everything you want and you all have a wonderful time. Let us know what resort you get.

First let me say that I hate to hear about your sons condition. Short notice trips are not hard at all. My wife , daughter and I are not local. We do live in Georgia and we go on short notice all the time. We just make sure our fur people are sent to the vet for a short stay and we will head out on Friday and come home on Sunday. You will porbably have an Idea for a longer trip. But we always seem to get good dining reservations and get to do pretty much what we want to do. Short notice trips are easy. Good Luck!

We pretty much plan all our trips the same way. It doesn't matter how far out they are. Just book a hotel, get tickets make a very general plan of where we want to make sure an eat and that is it. We always fly by the seat of our pants and have never had any trouble doing everything we want.

Our last trip (we got back last week) was a last minute graduation trip. We booked it 2 months in advance. There were rooms available and flights and I even got most of the dining adrs I wanted.

Have you looked into two value resort rooms? I'm going Aug 23 (first day of free dining) just me and my DD (son and hubby are staying home). We're staying at Pop Century, which is so cute.

My DD was (finally) diagnosed with a genetic disability last year, after being ill her whole life. It was a bit devastating, but also a relief to finally know why she has so many ailments (gastroparesis, migraines, joints that dislocate, joint pain, skin that can't heal, vision issues). She has Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome.

We now rent a wheelchair at Disney, so she can minimize her walking to save her joints. It helps so much!

August is fine. It's hot as hell at home, so why not go to Disney, I say. We go during the day to the parks, but some days will chill and not go out until evening (or go for an hour or two, then go chill in the room until later). My DD has temp regulation issues too, but for her it's usually she's too cold. Yeah - works for her! She's in winter PJ's for 8 months out of the year, and we're in Maryland!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter