Large strollers

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeepnx01

Earning My Ears
Ok. I am a parent and had used strollers in the past, but it was a small one so that it would fit on the bus safely and not intrude on others. What is with the strollers today? They are the size of aircraft carriers. They take up too much room don't fit on the busses well and are way too big. Please for the comfort of all, if you have two kids try two umbrella strollers.

Unless you're alone with twins, then you only have 2 hands. So, you would probably not be able to drive 2 umbrella strollers.

I typed and deleted a few other comments. It would seem we could all benefit from the delete key at times.

Seriously?? Most umbrella strollers don't shade from sun much and don't protect from rain!! This is the quintessential kid-friendly place, so I'm sorry for your inconvenience, but when I'm lugging diapers, fold up potty seats, coats and bottles, I'll be using that massive double jogging stroller. Good grief.

I gotta agree with the OP on this aspect, the huge SUV sized strollers are out of control. If two people with them stand face to face, they literally take up almost the full width of Main Street USA.

I gotta agree with the OP on this aspect, the huge SUV sized strollers are out of control. If two people with them stand face to face, they literally take up almost the full width of Main Street USA.

::yes::

I don't mind double strollers, but the big jogging strollers are out of control, the ones where the wheel sticks way out in front. When it's not crowded, it's not a big deal, but when it's crowded, ugh.

I don't mind strollers EXCEPT when parents allow their children to push them and they can't steer them properly and they bump into people or cut them off.

mulberrybush said:
Seriously?? Most umbrella strollers don't shade from sun much and don't protect from rain!! This is the quintessential kid-friendly place, so I'm sorry for your inconvenience, but when I'm lugging diapers, fold up potty seats, coats and bottles, I'll be using that massive double jogging stroller. Good grief.

When I was small we used a towel or hat to protect from the sun, if rain is an issue then check the weather ahead of time.

Love Tink said:
And we now know everything we need to know about you, and your assumptions about other peoples' lives, from that one line.

No assumptions here just observations. I have been on that side of the fence with being the parent with a little one. BUT, I also took others in to account. Use a backpack for diapers and gear.

When I was small we used a towel or hat to protect from the sun, if rain is an issue then check the weather ahead of time.

Well aren't you just a ray of sunshine.

I don't mind double strollers, but the big jogging strollers are out of control, the ones where the wheel sticks way out in front. When it's not crowded, it's not a big deal, but when it's crowded, ugh.

Ok... but so are ECVs, people who are reading a map while walking and decide to stop right in front of you in the middle of the pathway, or better yet, run right into you, and so on and so on.

There are a lot of things people do that others might find "annoying" while at Disney. I'm sure, OP, if I spent the day with you I could find plenty that you're guilty of. We don't need your PSA. Thanks.

Happyjen27 said:
Unless you're alone with twins, then you only have 2 hands. So, you would probably not be able to drive 2 umbrella strollers.

I typed and deleted a few other comments. It would seem we could all benefit from the delete key at times.

To paraphrase a lesson taught to me long a go don't let the victims out number the rescuers. If you have small twins don't go alone. Take help

And we now know everything we need to know about you, and your assumptions about other peoples' lives, from that one line.

And now we know everything about you as well.

OP is absolutely correct. People were able to enjoy Disney just fine in the days before the oversized strollers existed. So there is no justifiable reason to use them now. Except pure laziness. And if you disagree then you just help perptuate the "lazy, selfish american" sterotype.

I live in Orlando, and go to Disney once a week. I see far too often people who think their vacation is more important than anyone else there, and they act like clods.

These over sized strollers are nothing but pure excess.

No assumptions here just observations. I have been on that side of the fence with being the parent with a little one. BUT, I also took others in to account. Use a backpack for diapers and gear.

You'll probably notice your logic isn't appreciated by some here. ;)

I have no problem with strollers of any size I do however object strongly to the mums who think it acceptable to use them as battering rams to make a path through the crowds. I da a mum literally shove her stroller into the back of my legs so hard I fell over and almost landed on her child all because I stopped when the crowds stopped in front of me

To paraphrase a lesson taught to me long a go don't let the victims out number the rescuers. If you have small twins don't go alone. Take help

Really? Do you only have one child? As a SAHM to 5 children, close in age, there was no way I was going to be trapped in my home instead of using double strollers! Heck, our kids definitely outnumbered us - should we have not vacationed? :confused3

Now, I do agree that there is no reason to bring the giant strollers to WDW - when we were in croweded places, we used our Combi SBS, which was pretty narrow. I also think that if you need a stroller big enough for your 8 year old, you don't need a stroller.

You just can't help yourself, can you?

So:

Everyone with multiple children is part of a two-parent household.

And if you happen to not be part of a two-parent household, you can afford to "bring help" so your stroller doesn't annoy others.

And now we know everything about you as well.

OP is absolutely correct. People were able to enjoy Disney just fine in the days before the oversized strollers existed. So there is no justifiable reason to use them now. Except pure laziness. And if you disagree then you just help perptuate the "lazy, selfish american" sterotype.

Yes, it probably does. It says that I don't like people who think their way is the only way, and who refuse to understand/see that not everyone is in the same situation they are. Oh, I also don't like it when people tell other people how to live their lives (little quirk of mine).

Oh, I also don't like people who make unilateral statements about how things were "just fine" in the good old days and never should have changed, and how every change they don't happen to like is a sign of the downfall of America. I just find that in "real life" the people who think progress = bad are not the people I get along with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter