Large groups at All Stars in July/August?

macadoo

Mouseketeer
Trying to decide which one to book...music or sports.

Do they tend to have large sports groups staying in mid July - mid August?

There are some Youth events at ESPN WWoS(basketball,soccer,etc.)in mid July-mid August and some of them do stay at the All-Star Resort,but nothing "major".

The "major" thing to "worry" about is the unique species shown below,southamericanus fifteenis, who do stay at the All-Star Resort(Sports,Music and Movies) in large numbers all of July.:)

upload_2018-7-26_9-17-7-png.339626

There are some Youth events at ESPN WWoS(basketball,soccer,etc.)in mid July-mid August and some of them do stay at the All-Star Resort,but nothing "major".

The "major" thing to "worry" about is the unique species shown below,southamericanus fifteenis, who do stay at the All-Star Resort(Sports,Music and Movies) in large numbers all of July.:)

upload_2018-7-26_9-17-7-png.339626

Thank you. I Wondered what the 15s were that I'd read about. So later July say 30th for 2 weeks they should have gone by then?

Yes,most,if not all,will have gone bye-bye to return to school.:)

Thank you, was planning 3rd week July ish but will have to see if we can go a bit later for a quieter stay. I’m presuming they stay at pop as well?

Thanks for your help.

I’m presuming they stay at pop as well?
They do.

I just don't know if I would "worry" about changing your dates if it is going to be a big inconvenience.

The 15s did very little Chanting this July-NOTHING like in the "old days".:)

However there were reports of Guests staying near their rooms asking to be moved.

If you can "easily" change your dates,I would,otherwise,I wouldn't-The 15s can actually be "interesting" to observe at times!lol:)

They do.

I just don't know if I would "worry" about changing your dates if it is going to be a big inconvenience.

However there were reports of Guests staying near their rooms asking to be moved.

If you can "easily" change your dates,I would,otherwise,I wouldn't-The 15s can actually be "interesting" to observe at times!lol:)

I can imagine . Dates aren’t fixed at all just needs to be some time between mid July and back by mid August, will ultimately depend on flight prices in the end though.

For the past two years I have gone the last week of July and have not noticed any big groups. I was recently at All Star Movies, and last year at Sports. August should be even better with many schools going back early.

For the past two years I have gone the last week of July and have not noticed any big groups. I was recently at All Star Movies, and last year at Sports. August should be even better with many schools going back early.

That's good to know, thank you.

They do.

I was one of those guests. At All Star Movies they kept me up until 3:30 am. This was the third week of July and I was told more were checking in the next week too. So I'd say they were bad enough that you'd want to push your dates as close to August as possible if staying at an All Star. I won't make the mistake again. I ended up switching to a completely different resort.

Ironically, they were really well behaved in the parks.

Last edited:
I was one of those guests. At All Star Movies they kept me up until 3:30 am. This was the third week of August and I was told more were checking in the next week too. So I'd say they were bad enough that you'd want to push your dates as close to August as possible if staying at an All Star. I won't make the mistake again. I ended up switching to a completely different resort.

Ironically, they were really well behaved in the parks.
The 15s strike again!lol:)

Sorry for your experience!

(Did you mean third week of JULY instead of August?)

It all turned out OK in the end. :)
Awesome!:)

How did Disney "act" when you complained?

Did they act like they get a lot of complaints about The15s and dealing with those complaints was just part of "doing business" with The 15s?

And,if you don't mind saying,which Resort did you switch to-you deserved a nice upgrade for all that trouble!:)

Awesome!:)

How did Disney "act" when you complained?

Did they act like they get a lot of complaints about The15s and dealing with those complaints was just part of "doing business" with The 15s?

And,if you don't mind saying,which Resort did you switch to-you deserved a nice upgrade for all that trouble!:)

Yeah, they knew what I was complaining about. The way the 3 different people acted when I talked to them about it was pretty much like "Yeah, we know." Not that they were unapologetic, but they're well aware it's a problem and just kind of resigned that it would happen. But I'm not kidding - when I finally left my room at 3:30 to go and complain to the front desk, there were at least 30 teenagers just hanging out in the courtyard of the section by the pool (Mighty Ducks) I was in. And a few of them were smoking right outside my door (I assume these were the chaperones). Not a great experience. And the guy at the front desk told me they had gotten a complaint a few days before about someone blasting music out of their room very early in the morning - turned out, it was one of the chaperones. It's a bad scene. And they leave trash EVERYWHERE.

At first, when I told them I wanted to be moved, they offered me a room at the Country Fair section of Music. I was assured there were no tour groups in that section. But since by this time my kids had fallen asleep (as had the 15s apparently), I just told them I'd come back at a more reasonable hour to be moved. After talking to my family, we decided we would just ask to transfer to Coronado Springs and pay for the difference. So, I went up to the desk the next day and talked to a very pleasant woman who made a few phone calls to get me moved and then told me that Mickey would pay for it. There was apparently a note on my account about the trouble I had the night before, so they said it was the least they could do. They even called a taxi and gave me a taxi voucher to take me over there. I ended up in a preferred room in Casitas 3 and it was wonderful - all for the price of a standard room at All Stars. It was completely unexpected and appreciated - I would have paid to move and truly didn't expect that. They handled everything very well.

Yeah, they knew what I was complaining about. The way the 3 different people acted when I talked to them about it was pretty much like "Yeah, we know." Not that they were unapologetic, but they're well aware it's a problem and just kind of resigned that it would happen. But I'm not kidding - when I finally left my room at 3:30 to go and complain to the front desk, there were at least 30 teenagers just hanging out in the courtyard of the section by the pool (Mighty Ducks) I was in. And a few of them were smoking right outside my door (I assume these were the chaperones). Not a great experience. And the guy at the front desk told me they had gotten a complaint a few days before about someone blasting music out of their room very early in the morning - turned out, it was one of the chaperones. It's a bad scene. And they leave trash EVERYWHERE.

At first, when I told them I wanted to be moved, they offered me a room at the Country Fair section of Music. I was assured there were no tour groups in that section. But since by this time my kids had fallen asleep (as had the 15s apparently), I just told them I'd come back at a more reasonable hour to be moved. After talking to my family, we decided we would just ask to transfer to Coronado Springs and pay for the difference. So, I went up to the desk the next day and talked to a very pleasant woman who made a few phone calls to get me moved and then told me that Mickey would pay for it. There was apparently a note on my account about the trouble I had the night before, so they said it was the least they could do. They even called a taxi and gave me a taxi voucher to take me over there. I ended up in a preferred room in Casitas 3 and it was wonderful - all for the price of a standard room at All Stars. It was completely unexpected and appreciated - I would have paid to move and truly didn't expect that. They handled everything very well.

Awesome that The Mouse paid for the Upgrade!:)

But it was also "good business" for Disney to do that for you considering the circumstances-it does look like Disney just considers dealing with unhappy Guests part of "doing business" with The 15s(and it is HUGE Business!).

We were at Sports and they were up all night there also-they would hang out at the tables outside End Zone Food Court.

You mentioning the Trash they leave is too funny-we walked over to Movies one day to eat and on they way back to Sports took this picture-IN MIGHTY DUCKS!lol:)

29250746147_5a636f665b_c.jpg

Awesome that The Mouse paid for the Upgrade!:)

But it was also "good business" for Disney to do that for you considering the circumstances-it does look like Disney just considers dealing with unhappy Guests part of "doing business" with The 15s(and it is HUGE Business!).

We were at Sports and they were up all night there also-they would hang out at the tables outside End Zone Food Court.

You mentioning the Trash they leave is too funny-we walked over to Movies one day to eat and on they way back to Sports took this picture-IN MIGHTY DUCKS!lol:)

29250746147_5a636f665b_c.jpg
Oh yeah, there were just boxes piled outside the rooms and overflowing trashcans!

Disney really did make it up to me. Of course, their customer service is part of why I keep going back each year!

But what I wonder is how on Earth they can stay up until 3 or 4 and then get up for rope drop??? Oh, to be young again!

But what I wonder is how on Earth they can stay up until 3 or 4 and then get up for rope drop??? Oh, to be young again!
Most of "our" 15s at Sports didn't Rope Drop as a rule.

They generally would start dragging into End Zone for Breakfast around 8:30 or 9:00 AM,so they were running on 4 or 5 hours sleep.:)

But they do "hit the wall" at times in the Parks and will literally lay down and rest pretty much where ever they are at the time-Italy in the example below!:)

43490415444_ae8ec8149a_h.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter