Land Border Opening?

I’d be more than happy to be wrong in this case ! I think after the last year I like to set the bar low and then I’m not disappointed.
Have they said it will be based on one dose? I had always just kind of assumed we needed the protection from two doses .

I’d be more than happy to be wrong in this case ! I think after the last year I like to set the bar low and then I’m not disappointed.
Have they said it will be based on one dose? I had always just kind of assumed we needed the protection from two doses .
None of the articles out there are very indepth and are quite vague (or maybe JT himself was being a bit vague). I think it's 75% first dose, 20% second dose, going by what Dr Tam said last week.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out in the next month with immunizations ramping up still, and hopefully they start opening it up for people to get their second shots too soon.

It will also be interesting to see how this plays out in the US and see how many people get the second dose.

I wonder if the boarder reopening will "coincide" with lessening restrictions? It is going to be an interesting 6-8 weeks to see what all happens here with vaccinations, restrictions, boarders, masking etc etc etc etc.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out in the next month with immunizations ramping up still, and hopefully they start opening it up for people to get their second shots too soon.

It will also be interesting to see how this plays out in the US and see how many people get the second dose.

I wonder if the boarder reopening will "coincide" with lessening restrictions? It is going to be an interesting 6-8 weeks to see what all happens here with vaccinations, restrictions, boarders, masking etc etc etc etc.
My best friends mom who is a social worker and got her first shot in March got scheduled for her second on June 9 yesterday

New York still has residency requirements in case anyone was thinking
Really ? They didn’t mention that on the Buffalo news this morning .

eta).Not doubting you , just thought they should have mentioned that part

Last edited:
Really ? They didn’t mention that on the Buffalo news this morning .

eta).Not doubting you , just thought they should have mentioned that part

if you go on state of New York website and look up Covid vaccination eligibility it states residents of and of you go farther to book It will ask your zip code..I’m sure there’s ways around it by let’s just say fudging addresses etc but that’s what is written
My ex in PA says they aren’t asking for any paperwork you just kinda show up, and get vaxxed.
Sons friend got in FL but they are there for the summer. ? Sounds like certain states are extending invites and those are the ones they are referring to perhaps ?

This all sounds a awful lot like the rich who don't want to wait for a procedure here in Canada go to the US and pay to have it done privately. It's becoming a two tiered medical issue. Whatever happened to "We're all in this together" ?

It's all a little slimy. The medical exemption was originally intended for people who were travelling back and forth for life saving treatments that were not available in Canada. Vaccine hunters doing the "vaccine thing" are going to put those people in jeopardy.

Just my two cents. (Better make those nickels, we don't have cents here anymore)

I've been stewing over this for most of the day and I hope people will understand where I'm coming from with this post.

While I stand firmly on the side of getting vaccines in arms and I applauded what happened a few weeks ago with both the reserve that straddled the border to allow a drive thru clinic and (correct me if I'm wrong with the state here) Montana? that offered vaccines to truckers, I do not approve of the general population crossing the border to get vaccinated. If in fact it's for medical reasons I'm really hoping our country is able to accommodate those individuals but if not then yes, let them handle it like they did in Alberta, drive across, don't get out of your car, stick the needle in and then come home.

the reason I'm upset? I've finally been able to access the treatments I need to treat my medication resistant Bipolar disorder but I need to carry a notarized letter from the doctor who's overseeing the procedures in case I get pulled over by the police. I need to be able to provide proof that I'm disobeying the stay-at-home order to receive medical treatments in my own province that's literally saving my life. Every single day for close to an entire year I've made the decision to get out of bed and keep living.

I had to wait until i was able to get a vaccine before I could make the daily trips into the hottest spot in the province and I say a prayer as I pass one of the Amazon fulfillment centres and a massive UPS facility that all the workers and their families have also been fortunate enough to get jabbed. I'm not looking for sympathy just stating the facts. I get that people are anxious to see the other side of this and the nature of this platform means wanting to travel as well but personally I don't think this is the way to solve our vaccine problems.

I've been stewing over this for most of the day and I hope people will understand where I'm coming from with this post.

While I stand firmly on the side of getting vaccines in arms and I applauded what happened a few weeks ago with both the reserve that straddled the border to allow a drive thru clinic and (correct me if I'm wrong with the state here) Montana? that offered vaccines to truckers, I do not approve of the general population crossing the border to get vaccinated. If in fact it's for medical reasons I'm really hoping our country is able to accommodate those individuals but if not then yes, let them handle it like they did in Alberta, drive across, don't get out of your car, stick the needle in and then come home.

the reason I'm upset? I've finally been able to access the treatments I need to treat my medication resistant Bipolar disorder but I need to carry a notarized letter from the doctor who's overseeing the procedures in case I get pulled over by the police. I need to be able to provide proof that I'm disobeying the stay-at-home order to receive medical treatments in my own province that's literally saving my life. Every single day for close to an entire year I've made the decision to get out of bed and keep living.

I had to wait until i was able to get a vaccine before I could make the daily trips into the hottest spot in the province and I say a prayer as I pass one of the Amazon fulfillment centres and a massive UPS facility that all the workers and their families have also been fortunate enough to get jabbed. I'm not looking for sympathy just stating the facts. I get that people are anxious to see the other side of this and the nature of this platform means wanting to travel as well but personally I don't think this is the way to solve our vaccine problems.
Agreed. I would like to see all provinces follow the guidance from Health Canada in the same manner however, to ensure equitable distribution of said vaccine. I’ve patiently waited for my twins’ turn to come up and that day is tomorrow. Only the powers that be have chosen to interpret Health Canada’s direction differently than other provinces. To me, that is tantamount to denying my children health care. If I could seek vaccinations elsewhere at this point, sidestepping the ridiculous and ill thought out red tape, I would in a heartbeat.

This all sounds a awful lot like the rich who don't want to wait for a procedure here in Canada go to the US and pay to have it done privately. It's becoming a two tiered medical issue. Whatever happened to "We're all in this together" ?
I have no intention of going because I don’t need to and every intention of waiting but I’m actually surprised that this has been turned into a morality issue. I was happy to see that people like TammyLynn or Quandreas kids could go . My understanding was it was allowed by our governments on both sides to help people with medical issues get vaccinated ( they need a note stating medical need from their health provider ). Did I miss the part where people are abusing this allowed practice ? “All in this together” for me means please go get your shot , any shot , as soon as you can . Like us , the ones who got AZ ahead of our turn because it wasn’t approved for others .
I’m not seeing the same thing you guys are. What am I missing ?

Edit ) I interpreted this move to be precisely for people in the situation that @Donald my hero was in. I thought it was a step in the right direction .

Last edited:
I have no intention of going because I don’t need to and every intention of waiting but I’m actually surprised that this has been turned into a morality issue. I was happy to see that people like TammyLynn or Quandreas kids could go . My understanding was it was allowed by our governments on both sides to help people with medical issues get vaccinated ( they need a note stating medical need from their health provider ). Did I miss the part where people are abusing this allowed practice ? “All in this together” for me means please go get your shot , any shot , as soon as you can . Like us , the ones who got AZ ahead of our turn because it wasn’t approved for others .
I’m not seeing the same thing you guys are. What am I missing ?

Edit ) I interpreted this move to be precisely for people in the situation that @Donald my hero was in. I thought it was a step in the right direction .
I agree, but we all know there will be those who go get a medical note to get them across and I fear that will ruin things for those who need to make the trip for procedures. Everyone here will have the opportunity to get their shot within the next month. And true to form the right hand forgot to ask the left hand if it was OK. (ie. get border approval)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter