Lake Buena Vista Resort and Spa

I'm a little confused: Is this hotel inside the WDW area or outside??? I thought that it was walking distance from DTD?

This is definitely NOT within walking distance to DTD. It's a little east of I-4 compared to DTD. It's a great place to stay!! :thumbsup2

We recently stayed here for 2 nights in a 2 bedroom suite. We loved it and would stay here again!! We payed extra for a fireworks view suite and would not do that again--they were too far away to really make it worth the extra. We were all very comfortable, the kitchen was great, and the staff all very helpful. :)

Thanks for the comment about the fireworks view. Looking into staying here, and we were thinking of paying extra for it, but didn't know if it was worth it. Nice to know that the normal view will be ok.

We are really struggling to make a decision here. Think it'll depend on if WDW comes out with a dining plan while we're there (last week of August). The Lake Buena Resort/Spa has a rate for 108/night through expedia with free cancelation (cheaper than there own site, which I find rare). May just book, and wait to see what Disney comes out with for the week we're there.

I asked about this on the attractions and hotels page with no responses :( For those that have stayed here, who did you book through? I've gotten quotes from private owners on vrbo and also checked out pricing on the travel sites (Expedia, etc). They all seem to be pretty close if not exactly the same price. I just don't know who/where is best to reserve through! TIA!!!

I had thought about staying here but just couldn't do it. I really wanted to be on property as there is a feeling of being part of the magic for the entire length of your stay. That being said it would be nice to have a two bedroom and a kitchen(for half the price)popcorn:: vs a studio with a small fridge and microwave

We just got back from a 7 night stay here. Overall, I'd rank it 3 out of 4 stars. We were in building 2.

Pros:
-Clean rooms and common areas.
-Nice pool.
-Good front desk staff.
-Convenient location (quick drive to Disney).
-Good value for your money.
-Liked the little conveniece store and restaurant on property.

Cons:
-Bedding. Sheets were thin and the fitted sheets would often pull off. Blankets were super thin and kinda wierd feeling. Mattresses were hard too.
-Furniture was older and somewhat worn. One dresser drawer was really hard to close. TVs were also older.
-Lack of towel racks in bathrooms (not enough of them) and the shower could really use some sort of shelf or ledge for shampoo and stuff.
-Water pressure in 2nd bath was pretty weak.
-Parking could be tough if you came back after 7:30-8:00 pm (but we were there during Spring Break and big golfing event).

Overall, the cons were mostly just minor inconveniences (at most). None of them really affected the enjoyment of our vacation. I would consider staying here again but I would also investigate other options because this place didn't completely win me over.

If we are talking about Lake Buena Vista Resort & Spa, we are going to stay their over Christmas Break. My son will be in an All Star Football game out there. I felt that this gave us the best value with the free Disney tickets, and 2 kids eat free passes for the trip.

Hope the good reports keep coming in about this place. Its a little far from Downtown Orlando which is where we will need to be during the first half of our stay, and then Disney the 2nd half.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter