Lake Buena Vista Resort and Spa Village

lovebuzzandwoody

DIS Veteran
Hello fellow dissers!

We stayed at the LBV Resort and Spa Village for 7 nights (11/23 - 11/30, 2007). We booked it through their website which I found via vrbo dot com.
We paid $159 a night for a 3 bd/2 ba condo.

The main part of the village has been there for *I think* about a year. The day we arrived they were opening a brand new building and we were the first to stay in our unit. We had the entire building to ourselves for most of our stay.

Here is the LR as you walk in the door.
IMG_0628.jpg

The full kitchen complete with dishes, silverware, coffee maker, etc.
IMG_0629.jpg

The master bedroom with king size bed which was very comfortable. The pillows were comfy too.
IMG_0633.jpg

The master bath with whirlpool tub and separate shower. The water closet is just to the left of the vanity. Also along that wall is a large walk in closet with a small safe.
IMG_0634.jpg

Some close ups of the nice little touches that were found throughout the unit.
IMG_0641.jpg
IMG_0642.jpg

One of the secondary bedrooms. (Sorry it's dark.) This one had a queen size bed in it.
IMG_0630.jpg

And the third bedroom with a set of twin beds.
IMG_0632.jpg

This is the second bath.
IMG_0631.jpg

Here is picture off the balcony~ that is I-4 below.
IMG_0636.jpg

Some perks we really enjoyed ~
*The washer and dryer in the unit.
*A TV in every room. Guys, the flat screen in the LR was impressive and upon our return home my DH promptly felt the need to visit Best Buy to upgrade the much smaller one we had in our LR at home! :rolleyes:
*The full kitchen. We ate breakfast everyday at the condo before heading out to the parks.
*The SPACE! We are a family of 5 and it felt really good to not be piled into a hotel room.
*The balcony was a nice place to enjoy a cup of coffee in the morning. I will say the plastic furniture was not as nice as I would've expected since the rest of the condo was furnished very nicely. But I guess teak would be too much to ask for at this price point! :laughing:
*There is an excercise room in the main building that my DH used a couple times. He said it was small but adequate.

We loved this place and would stay there again. There is some construction going on as the village is not finished yet. I was worried about noise but it didn't bother us at all.

Also, there was supposed to be wireless service in the condo but it wasn't up and running yet. My DH was able to go to the lobby though and check in at work a couple times. They gave us a $50 credit at the end of our stay for the trouble.

It was a short drive to the parks as it is located right off of International Drive. There is a restaurant/pub on site but we didn't take advantage. There is a small outlet mall located right next door. Wal Mart is close by as well.

Feel free to ask any questions and I'll do my best to answer them! :goodvibes

Thanks for the great review! We're staying here for a night before we check into AKV in March. Where do you check in? Is there a lobby area? How was the service? TIA

Thanks for the great review! We're staying here for a night before we check into AKV in March. Where do you check in? Is there a lobby area? How was the service? TIA

You are most welcome! I meant to do this months ago but got caught up in my TR I guess!

Anyway, yes, there is a lobby. It is in the same building as the restaurant is. You will see Frankies when you first pull in the drive ~ it is about half way down in that building.

We had great service... but we didn't really ask for much. Mostly just about the wireless not working and they were very apologetic and did give us 50 bucks off for the "trouble".

It's a lovely place and I'm sure even for just one night you will be pleased. Have a great trip!!!

Hi thanks for the great pics and comments!
Can you tell me if the units have safes in them, and if so are they big enough to put a laptop in?

Hi thanks for the great pics and comments!
Can you tell me if the units have safes in them, and if so are they big enough to put a laptop in?

Hello... and you are welcome! :goodvibes

Yes, there was a safe in the master bedroom closet. I'd say it is big enough to put a laptop in but I wouldn't want you to quote me! ;) I'm sure if you called them they could give you the exact dimensions.

I have been searching for a place for several days now and came up with this location late last night. It allowed me to book 2 nights last night (mid week stay) but I did not follow through. when I returned this morning to complete the transaction it said there was 4 night minimum stay for the 2 bedroom! ugh.

Every place else I looked at had horrendous trip advosir reviews and this seemed to have fairly good ones. I prefer brand new construction anytime I can get it so this seemed ideal.

maybe I should just call direct. Thanks for the first hand report. It is never easy to find room for a family of six! We are staying with family over the week end before we check in to our Disney resort the next week.

I would definately call them direct and see what they say~ couldn't hurt! Especially since it originally was going to let you book it that way.

Good luck!

Hello... and you are welcome! :goodvibes

Yes, there was a safe in the master bedroom closet. I'd say it is big enough to put a laptop in but I wouldn't want you to quote me! ;) I'm sure if you called them they could give you the exact dimensions.

Thanks!

Thanks for the great review! :goodvibes This is the place where we are staying!! Just incase anyone is interested, I spoke with out of reception staff there a couple of days ago who informed me that the new pool thats currently being built will 'hopefully' open in May, and the new Health Spa that is currently being built is scheduled to open the first 2 weeks in March :cool1:

I got in!!!

Thanks for the heads up!

got a great rate too.

:cool1: Good for you! Have a great trip!

You are most welcome! :goodvibes

Thanks for the great review! :goodvibes This is the place where we are staying!! Just incase anyone is interested, I spoke with out of reception staff there a couple of days ago who informed me that the new pool thats currently being built will 'hopefully' open in May, and the new Health Spa that is currently being built is scheduled to open the first 2 weeks in March :cool1:

Really? Wow about the pool because there wasn't even a hole in the ground while we were there in November! The plans for it look really cool though... there is supposed to be a pirate ship next to the pool! :thumbsup2 Will you perhaps do an updated review when you get back? I'd love to see it!

Thanks for the review! Quick question...do they provide transportation to the parks? I am looking into some things for a friend, they have 8 adults and 3 kids going and would like to stay someplace that has transpo to the parks. Thanks!

I'm sorry... I really don't recall. We had our own vehicle with us. If you click on the link in the post above your's it will take you to the website though... you'll just have to navigate off that page to find what you are looking for. Good luck! :goodvibes

Thanks for the review! Quick question...do they provide transportation to the parks? I am looking into some things for a friend, they have 8 adults and 3 kids going and would like to stay someplace that has transpo to the parks. Thanks!

They do provide transportation to the parks complimentary.
For Disney they drop off and pick up at Epcot only.

I know its been a long time since you wrote this report... but I was just wondering if it was possible to request a room with a view that you wanted? I know some of the rooms look out on to MK and it would be nice to have a room looking on to that!!
Thanks in advance.

I know its been a long time since you wrote this report... but I was just wondering if it was possible to request a room with a view that you wanted? I know some of the rooms look out on to MK and it would be nice to have a room looking on to that!!
Thanks in advance.

Sorry to not get back to you quicker... I haven't been on here much lately.

I would say if you want to request something specific you should call them direct rather than book online. Also, I think if you are expecting a room with a "view" of the MK you would be very disappointed if you stayed here. From the window by the elevator we could sort of make out Space Mtn. but that was only if it was a clear day. From our unit we could see Sea World more clearly, if that helps at all.

Don't get me wrong, this is very close to the World but not close enough to the MK in particular to get a good view of it.

Still a very nice place and we will more than likely stay here again.

Hi! We were just reading your review because we just booked this resort for June 2009. We typically stay at Disney hotels but are finding that we need more space.

We almost always park hop while we are there. Where would you recommend parking in that case? We were initially thinking of Downtown Disney or the park that's open the latest for resort guests. Any advice?

Thanks for your help! We are really excited about having so much room at this pricepoint for next year!

Lisa

We stayed here in Jan. and loved it!!!Lots of space!!!....Very Comfortable.....:thumbsup2 Loved the 52 inch TV in Living Room....very nice place....

Hi! We were just reading your review because we just booked this resort for June 2009. We typically stay at Disney hotels but are finding that we need more space.

We almost always park hop while we are there. Where would you recommend parking in that case? We were initially thinking of Downtown Disney or the park that's open the latest for resort guests. Any advice?

Thanks for your help! We are really excited about having so much room at this pricepoint for next year!

Lisa

Hi there! If it is space you desire then you will be VERY pleased with this place!

We didn't park hop during this visit so I can't tell you from experience where you should park but I would think you'd want to park where you are most likely to end up at the end of the day.

Have a great trip!!! :goodvibes

We stayed here in Jan. and loved it!!!Lots of space!!!....Very Comfortable.....:thumbsup2 Loved the 52 inch TV in Living Room....very nice place....

Ah, yes... that 52 inch TV is the reason my DH payed a visit to Best Buy right after we got back and returned home with a new, much bigger flat screen for our living room. I guess the 27 inch flat screen we had was just a big let down after that. :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter