• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ladies, if you had to spend $50 on yourself

I'd go get a 4 star prix fixe lunch at a high end restaurant - that should just about cover the cost (with added tip out of my pocket). If I wasn't doing food, I'd buy myself a ticket to a touring show (that should cover the 2nd tier seats:)).

I, too favor the idea of using the extra money to get some lovely alone time. An excellent multi-course lunch with a good book to keep you company, or a concert or show could be wonderful!

Once in a while I would take it to the grocery store and buy some flowers to put in a small vase in my kitchen. They wouldn't have to be a big bouquet, the little grab and go $5 bunches would be just fine and that $50 would last several months. I spend so much time in the kitchen that it would be nice to glance over at some pretty flowers in the midst of the daily mail, the kids lunchbox and the 1000 other things that end up on my counter and table that don't belong there :)

This is also a great idea! Fresh flowers every week for a couple of months would feel very luxurious. :daisy:

On FB I have been seeing ads for The Rituals of Living Dreambook. I don't know why but I really want it. I wouldn't though because it cost $50- so I'd use the GC for that, something totally frivolous that I didn't need but really wanted.

Do you have a hobby? Do you like to paint? Draw? If so, purchase art supplies. Do you enjoy cooking? Purchase a kitchen gadget or two you have been eyeing. Did you always wanted to learn to salsa dance? Sign up for a lesson. Like to exercise? Get a new outfit or two, a new yoga mat, etc. Get a kindle if you like reading and playing candy crush (King games).
If you still do not have any ideas......buy a lot of chocolate and share it.

I would get a pedicure, put it towards getting my hair done, buying makeup at Ulta, or use it for yarn.

How about something you don't necessarily need but something that would brighten up your day for a while?

Go to Homegoods/TJ maxx etc and get some new bathroom stuff, like maybe a shower curtain and nice matching floor rugs, etc. You can change and spruce up the look in the bath for around $50 and enjoy it daily :D

I put amex and visa gcs aside for bigger purchases. Like right now I have $200 in gcs and am saving them to get a barbour coat. I'd probably never use my own money to buy it but other peoples you bet!

So many great ideas I wouldnt have thought of. I did buy a pair of jeans that were ridiculously inexpensive and some new to me hair product that I wouldnt have spent my own money on. I still have $25 left :)

How about something you don't necessarily need but something that would brighten up your day for a while?

Go to Homegoods/TJ maxx etc and get some new bathroom stuff, like maybe a shower curtain and nice matching floor rugs, etc. You can change and spruce up the look in the bath for around $50 and enjoy it daily :D
This is what I usually do and I do love freshening up my spaces :)

No clue. I got a $20 Visa card from a rebate. No clue what to use it on. My first thought was to load the $20 onto my Starbucks card but I only seem to be going to Starbucks every few moths these days.

A face treatment at a spa. I'm not big on pedicures (I don't like people touching my feet) but I absolutely love skincare and facials.

I like to upscale something I normally buy. Even if it’s dish soap. Treat yourself to something higher end than normal. I know this sounds crazy but there are expensive socks I love and they are a treat when I buy them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter