Lack of FP+ options

tinkerjo

DIS Veteran
So, I rescheduled my trip for June 7-14. I had plenty of resort options and only rescheduled last week. I am having trouble getting FP at the end of my trip!!!!! Are they holding some back waiting to see how attendance will be?? I have been Christmas week and had more options.

Agreed. No tier ones at the studios before June 13 when I logged on This morning. Mid-afternoon on the 14th. Flight of passage and Seven Dwarfs were no better.

I think when they reopen they will be going to Virtual Queues mostly for social distancing so they are probably holding them back

Nobody knows how Disney will conduct business when it reopens. Maybe they won't use FP at all? Maybe they are retooling the entire system to be all FP for every ride. Maybe they aren't loading them yet until they know for sure they really can open in June.

Nobody knows. Or at least the ones who know aren't talking.

I can’t image having to go online & try to get on virtual queues for every ride. To me, that would suck. I’m already having to check my phone often at Disney for dining, FP, etc. Plus, there still would be lines. It’s not like one family at a time will be riding. But I do agree that no one knows what’s going to happen, when Disney will actually be able to open, or at what capacity. Maybe they’ll only open a couple of parks at a time, or with staggered open times, like if you’re staying XYZ, your family can only go to MK today, tomorrow HS, etc. Or maybe they’ll only open for people staying in Disney resorts. Who knows. The uncertainty is the worse part, IMO.

Before the current situation, we've experienced issues getting 7D FPs even for small groups 60 days out (for off-season trips). Even if they're retooling the number of available FPs, there's likely an increased number of guests from the usual June crowds PLUS the rescheduled trips from March/April.

My recommendation is to check back daily (or several times a day) as people change their FPs all the time. We've had times where we couldn't get T1 FPs on the first day but days later what we wanted opened up.

Same. Logged on at 7am sharp for 60 days out. No FOP, Mine Train, Slinky, Runaway Railroad, etc. I know those are the first to go, but in all of my trips (and there have been a ton) I have never not been able to get at least one at 60 days out. They were not available at the stroke of 7am. 100% believe they were taken off the system by Disney.

As others have said, I suspect they have not released all the FPs as they are not sure what the park will look like when it reopens. Even if all 4 parks will open at once, if all rides and attractions open and how crowded they will let the parks get.
A lot of things for them to try and figure out. Don't envy them working this out.

I am going June 1-6. The only thing I didn’t see a fastpass option for at all was Big Thunder, but several people have mentioned getting it by calling and there may be an MDE glitch. I got almost all the big ones though. FOP, MMRR, Peter Pan, 7DMT, Smugglers Run, Test Track, RNRC, TOT, MWM. I didn’t try for Slinky Dog so I can’t speak for that one. But I will say, there seems to be a limited amount. Many more of mine are in the mid afternoon and evening than usual. And it actually seemed harder to get the further I went out in my trip. So I think people with longer trips are snatching up the limited amount they are putting out.

I just think they aren’t even sure if they will open beginning of June. If they do, they might only open certain areas or parks slowly.

If things change and they can open earlier, I’m sure more things will pop up on fast pass

I just think things will be very different the first few months they open, with much less ride capacity and less cast members

So, I rescheduled my trip for June 7-14. I had plenty of resort options and only rescheduled last week. I am having trouble getting FP at the end of my trip!!!!! Are they holding some back waiting to see how attendance will be?? I have been Christmas week and had more options.
There's another thread discussing the same thing filled with stories of the same. However, if the FP lines are indeed so limited (and they really look like they are, these tales do not make it worthwhile to get up at 4 freaking am for me out here in CA) then maybe the normal lines will move faster since they won't have many FP people to push through?

If there is one thing life is teaching me right now it's to look for silver linings :)

Our window opens Saturday, but I haven’t bought our APs yet. Can’t decide what to do. No point in rushing to purchase APs if there are practically no fastpasses available. Will there be discounted APs later? Should I wait? Should I go ahead and buy the APs in the off chance I might be able to book some fastpasses for a trip that may not happen at all?

Our window opens Saturday, but I haven’t bought our APs yet. Can’t decide what to do. No point in rushing to purchase APs if there are practically no fastpasses available. Will there be discounted APs later? Should I wait? Should I go ahead and buy the APs in the off chance I might be able to book some fastpasses for a trip that may not happen at all?
I wouldn’t buy APs just for FP at this point given the now constant reports of bad FP availability. That would be too much cash out the door right now for me, especially if I was worried the trip might not even happen. (But that’s just me!)

Just booked my fast passes for June, looks like we probably aren't going to end up going with everything going on,but figured I would get it done. We haven't been to Disney since 2017 as we went to Universal the past couple of years and this is probably the last Disney trip. On my previous trips if I got on right at the start of the fast passes I could get just about anything I want. now I have multiple days where I didn't get the fast pass I wanted, most notably DHS where one day I didn't get any of the big 3 which is disconcerting. Even one day of AK we didn't get Flight of passage, that was never an issue before even going first day on our trip. This time I couldn't even get Mine Train on first day of trip. Clearly with Disney selling passes earlier it is not helping with this 90 day pay for play system. I think maybe it would be better if Disney just went to a day by day booking system rather than all at once. All at once heavily favors people on longer trips. If this was a two day trip, forget it, I'd have gotten nothing.

So rant done. Anyone know any good tricks to get the fastpasses I want? A girl that worked for me used to stalk the things in some way and get whatever she wanted, I had no luck with that. Is there anything like the dining finder from touring plans for fast passes?

My thought on this and again this is just my thought but if they do open in June they may be using more virtual queues for the major attractions like FOP and all the crowd favorites so they wouldn't release a lot of fast passes at this time. I would keep checking daily. Good Luck!!

June simply got over booked with all of the cancellations from March, April, and May. We had an 8 night June trip planned and we were able to snag all of the “ hot” FPs. I also think that if the parks do open by June a lot of the people booked will not actually go. I think it’s just a lot of wishful thinking and having fun just planning for some folks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter