• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Labor Day Weekend

We went one year over Labor Day, and it was VERY busy. I'll never go at that time of year again. It was hot, hot, hot, and humid, humid, humid! We still had a fantastic time though! :thumbsup2

Was it still busy the day after Labor Day? We are arriving on Labor Day and staying for the week.

We'll be there as well :dance3: we just changed our resort to the CR to avoid the crowds during wishes and instead see them from our room - 11 more days!!!

Thanks for all the insight.. We usually go a little later in the year to try and beat the heat and crowds but with my new job ( teacher ) we have a off day on labor day so i figure why not go to Disney :confused3 lol

Alrighty then...we ARE a crowd, aren't we? I also looked at the MNSSHP thread and Sept 1 has a long list, and that is just is DIS'er's! Well, we are all going to have positive attitudes and a blast, right? RIGHT?!?!?!?!??!:cheer2:

We'll be there !! Just moved to Winter Garden and we are getting our annual passes on Thursday!!! So excited!!! Hope we can still book some decent FP!

We'll be there! 8/29-9/2 and heading to MNSSHP :cool1::goodvibes

I've done trips there over Labor Day and always love the weather (especially compared to the freezing day we got one January).

Our favorite time of year to visit. The days following Labor Day are the least crowded of all! We'll be there 8/29 - 9/7 and so looking forward to it!

I'm just replying to confirm that Labor Day is no biggie. We used to try to avoid it but now it doesn't matter to us, the only issue is maybe higher cost of flights.

We were there on a Sunday, Monday of that holiday and Sunday was like a regular weekend day and Monday was actually very slow, especially the later the day got. We figured that holiday weekenders were leaving some time in the afternoon so it was dead as the day went on.

HMM - this quick labor day trip to experience the Frozen stuff is suddenly feeling really crowded. ;)

We arrive the 29th and head out the 1st, but other than our first afternoon at MK, will be doing only DHS and pool time at the resort. And may be Downtown Disney. At least, that's what I say now when the siren song of nearby parks isn't calling me . . .

We'll be there too, arriving Thursday night, 8/28 through Monday, 9/1. School started for us 2 weeks ago, but I thought it would be fun for the kids to miss one day. Hoping for decent weather (just the occasional quick thunderstorm) so that we can hit the pool and Blizzard Beach.

Those are our dates exactly. We're staying at CR. We plan on BB as well. We're concentrating on MK--going Friday and Sunday--with CRT early seating on Fri. and BOG 4:15 p.m. seating Sunday. This will be the first trip for 5-yr-old twins, and I also want to enjoy the hotel, so we're just doing MK and BB! Kinda weird to some, probably, but I did the 2-day MK trip with my older boys too, just to savor MK and keep it lowkey. Probably I'm comfortable doing this because it's what I did when I was 12 visiting for the first time!

We can tear around all the parks another trip. I also love, love all of AK and ToT--just with all the new rigamarole with MK, we wanted to savor the new attractions (they'll all be new to the twins!) and zero in on the dining. DH and I have a "date" at California Grill Sat. evening. My 17-year-old son is going along too, for fun and to help us out a bit with the twins. He's been numerous times and is looking forward to hanging out on his own a bit!

I don't mind storms at Disney--it cuts the crowds--but I want a sunny day for BB too! We've designated Sat. for that. :scratchin

Add us to the list too. 8/29 to 9/2 at OKW. Taking our 5 year old grand daughter for her first trip. Should be a hoot!

we'll be there 08/28-09/03 AOA Mermaid Room

Originally booked 08/17-08/23, but the flights were actually much cheaper for Labor Day weekend

Hooray for single digits...

:woohoo:

Praying for lower crowd levels. We'll be there august 30th - 9 girls for a bachelorette day :D

We will be there also! 8/30-9/6! Feels crowded with all of us Disers but I am still able to change around ADRS and still get the times I want minus the very popular restaurants so I'm still hopeful that crowds will be low!

We will be there also! 8/30-9/6! Feels crowded with all of us Disers but I am still able to change around ADRS and still get the times I want minus the very popular restaurants so I'm still hopeful that crowds will be low!
good to know, thanks!

Anyone obsessing and feeling anxious how Cristobal will affect arrival travel plans? I've never traveled in hurricane season before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter