KY travelers

kylovebug

Mouseketeer
Hey guys...just wondering how many of you have traveled I-75 from KY to WDW. Can you recomend some hotels/eats/clean rest areas along the way? TIA God Bless!!:)

We drove to St Pete we drove straight thru, so I can't give recommendations on a hotel. We always left late at night so the kids would sleep so we usually didn't stop until Georgia to go to the restroom. The Florida welcome center was always a must stop though. All the rest stops were usually very clean though. Sorry I'm not much help since we are a "only stop if someone really has to go" family.

Where are you at in Eastern Ky? We are from Floyd Co. but we have been here in Georgetown for 14 years. We like to drive at night or early morning. When kids were little we would drive till about 11pm and then up very early to finish the trip. We always try to get on the other side of Atlanta and always drive straight through the city.

When we drive down we always leave about 6pm and drive straight through stopping for dinner. this way the kids eat late and then sleep the rest of the way. Can't recommend a place to stop, sorry.

My family and I are not from Kentucky but when we drive down we always take I-75, so that means we right through Kentucky and at the end of next month we are spending our 1st night in Lexington at the Hilton Garden Inn. Anyway as for your question if you can make it there I would recommend staying in Valdosta, Georgia at the Hampton Inn & Suites Valdosta/Conference Center, which is located off 16.
http://hamptoninn.hilton.com/en/hp/...ionid=NYLFUDDNM0HTSCSGBJT222Q?ctyhocn=VLDCCHX

I guess it depends on what part of Eastern Kentucky are you coming from. If you're coming from Corbin or Middlesboro (southern KY), you should be able to make Valdosta with no problem. However, if you're coming from Ashland (northeastern KY), you'd be hard-pressed to make Macon.

When we drove to Disney in January, we had to adjust our plans going down due to a pending snowstorm through Tennessee. We ended up leaving a day early and drove to just south of Atlanta. Even though we could have made it to Disney on the second day, our ressies weren't until day 3, so we drove to Tarpon Springs on the Gulf Coast. I'm assuming you don't want to do that.

Coming home we stayed just north of Atlanta (left about 6:30 AM). Unfortunately, can't remember where we stayed.

Can't remember too much about the restaurants along the route either. However, the rest areas were good and clean. I highly recommend spending time at the Florida Welcome Center. The free orange juice is a tradition stemming back from my first visit to Florida nearly 50 years ago.

We're doing this drive again next week! We usually drive straight through as well or stay with relatives in Macon, GA. It's about a 13 hour drive from Louisville to Orlando for us. I usually make my fiance stop for peanuts & peaches in GA and oranges in Florida and I want to stop at the official welcome center this time! ;)

My fiance also enjoys stopping at a Krystal restaurant since we don't have them here as I enjoy stopping at every Dunkin' Donuts for the same reason! :lmao: Can't recommend a place to stay though! Sorry!

The Florida Welcome Center is a must stop. We usually stop in northern GA for fuel, and again in southern GA for cheaper fuel. We tend to stop at the same exits, not by plan. If a Chick Fil A sign or Hampton inn sign is present, the exit is a safe one.

As for staying somewhere, we did that 1 time out of 7 trips from KY and will never do that again. We were sluggish and it seemed to take forever. We leave around 2 AM and checkin somewhere between 3-4. That is no longer than I normally drive for my job on any given day. We figure 14 hours from Georgetown, with the range from just over 12 to 16.

Thanks so much for all your replies. We are in Letcher County, right on the KY/VA border. We will probably go to Corbin and hit I 75. Both grandmas are going with us and they require an overnight stop or else I would be hitting DH up to leave @ Midnite and drive straight thru. I am so excited!!

My family and I are not from Kentucky but when we drive down we always take I-75, so that means we right through Kentucky and at the end of next month we are spending our 1st night in Lexington at the Hilton Garden Inn. Anyway as for your question if you can make it there I would recommend staying in Valdosta, Georgia at the Hampton Inn & Suites Valdosta/Conference Center, which is located off 16.
http://hamptoninn.hilton.com/en/hp/...ionid=NYLFUDDNM0HTSCSGBJT222Q?ctyhocn=VLDCCHX

Is it the Hilton Garden Inn of off 108? My mom lives in the subdivison right behind there. We stayed there once (just a DH and me 'get-a-way") and it was very nice. Pool/hot tub was great. When my parents built the house all of Hamburg was a horse farm! Hope you have a great trip!

Is it the Hilton Garden Inn of off 108? My mom lives in the subdivison right behind there. We stayed there once (just a DH and me 'get-a-way") and it was very nice. Pool/hot tub was great. When my parents built the house all of Hamburg was a horse farm! Hope you have a great trip!
Yes that's the one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter