Kona or Grand Floridian Cafe.

SamanthaL

<font color=purple>I got the cute kids AND <font c
We need a breakfast on the monorail without characters. We are 2 adults and a teen who hates character buffets but loves to try newish foods. We are trying to decide between Kona or GF Cafe. They both look so good. What do you think? How do they compare?

You're going to get a lot of replies to this thread with people endorsing the Kona Café and encouraging you to eat overly sweet dishes like Tonga Toast. Personally, I think that Kona is just okay for breakfast. The Grand Floridian Café, on the other hand, is excellent. Their breakfast is my second favorite on property (Kouzzina is first).

It looks good and has some different items you dont see everywhere. What did you like about it?

The dining room is beautiful, especially in morning light. The maple vanilla French toast is probably the best French toast on property. I have it on good authority that the lobster eggs Benedict is outstanding. (My partner had it and liked it so much that he wouldn't even offer me a bite to taste.) The egg dishes like the omelet and the frittata are also very good. I'd like to try the smoked salmon the next time we have breakfast there.

Thanks so much. I was thinking the french toast looks good or the citrus pancakes. Not sure about lobster and eggs together. I love lobster but I usually have it in lobster rolls. I'll have to think on it.;)

We ate at both last time we were there and really enjoyed both places but we loved GF cafe. We get seated by the windows and had an amazing view, and my omelet and fruit were both fresh tasting and delicious. I think you can not go wrong with either but our next trip we booked GF again and not Kona.

I have never been to Kona, but I Loved GF Cafe. I haven't had anything there that I didn't like!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter