Kindle or Paperback Unofficial Guide?

klacey1

DIS Veteran
I love the Unofficial Guide to WDW and get that year's edition every time we travel to WDW. However, for this year's trip, I have a Kindle Fire. Does anyone have any preference of the paperback version vs. the ebook? They're about the same in price. I was leaning toward the hardcopy, as I like to highlight things and fold down pages and make notes, but it's SO large and heavy. I bring my Kindle everywhere with me, and having it on that would be much more convenient. Anyone have a preference/recommendation?

I love the Unofficial Guide to WDW and get that year's edition every time we travel to WDW. However, for this year's trip, I have a Kindle Fire. Does anyone have any preference of the paperback version vs. the ebook? They're about the same in price. I was leaning toward the hardcopy, as I like to highlight things and fold down pages and make notes, but it's SO large and heavy. I bring my Kindle everywhere with me, and having it on that would be much more convenient. Anyone have a preference/recommendation?

I don't use guides as we have reached the point of just going to the park for a couple of hours and enjoying other things Disney.
The one problem with the Kindle fire is that the screen doesn't really work outdoors in the bright FL sunshine - tried to read my Fire poolside and couldn't make out the screen, luckily I did bring a regular paperback. So you would have to keep on finding a shady spot in the park to use your Kindle Fire.
But a plus is that you can make notes and bookmarks on it just like a hardcopy.

Paperback.

Guides are the only books that I buy paper versions of. Much easier to flip through.

I am planning to buy the paper version as soon as its out. I like to highlight and fold pages too. And I rip out the touring plans from the back and pop those in my pocket.

Does anyone know when the 2014 version will be out?

I had the kindle version and also the paperback. It's so much easier to find information in the paperback.

I had the same debate and bought the paperback. I think it's easier to flip through and find what I want. And my 4 year old has really enjoyed flipping through it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter