"Kids" meals...

Free4Life11

DIS Veteran
I was reading on some tips to save money on food, they mentioned at some places the Kids' meals which were like $3.25...well they have CHICKEN STRIPS.

Chicken Strips are my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE FOOD...but they NEVER have them for adults :mad:

Although I am 17 lol, can I still order of the Kid's meal if I really want the chicken strips?? LOL....

-Matt

I think it would be fine for you to order a kids meal at most of the counter service. I'm not sure if they allow it for sit down service.

We never have a problem ordering kids' meal items at counter service restaurants, but we've never tried it at full service restaurants. If you really want them at a full service restaurants and they won't let you order off the kids' menu, they'd probably be willing to give you an adult portion at a higher price. Just ask. I haven't done it at WDW, but other restaurants do it.

Thanks.

To tell you the truth, I am usually so excited at theme parks that I really don't get hungry...when I went my first theme park ever, I had a 1 liter of mountain dew and a bag of goldfish....that was all for the entire day! LOL...I was too excited to even think of eating..

Matt,

Also, most of the buffets have Chicken Strips! You may have to get them from the *kids* section, but they are there. I get them all of the time. Enjoy.

Deb

Yes, Ask!

I love to eat at Red Lobster. My dd will eat from kids menu. My ds (nearly 18) HATES seafood. So after several years we discovered that they will either give him a side of chicken strips, or the last time we were there they gave him a 'chicken strip dinner' for about $8.95 which included salad and potatoe too. He was in heaven being able to eat what he considered real food (while I increased my pant size eating shrimp in butter!)

At counter service, you'll have no problem ordering kids meals. I mean how do they know who you are buying it for?? At sit down, just ask, they will usually accomidate you.

As WDW2002 said, they have no clue who you are buying the meal for, so you will have no problem. I am 21 and have always ordered kids meals from the counter service restraunts and food courts. I don't have a big appetite and don't drink very much, so the portions are a good size for me. I haven't ordered kids meals at Disney sit-down restraunts though. Happy eating!

--Maren:earsgirl:

Disnee Dad Says....................................I'm an old geezer at 42, and have no problem ordering a kids meal if I'm just looking for some energy. I'd order even more, but I can only stand french fries for so long!!

Some of the sit down's let you order from the kids menu. I have had them in Epcot at the Rose & Crown Pub and Marocco. In MGM at 50's Prime Time the sever said that I could order from it (after explaining that I wasn't hungry enough for an adult portion), but I would not get the drink & dessert that normally came with it unless I paid extra. I didn't mind since all I wanted was water to drink & no dessert, however, I don't think it is fair that they do that. There are some people who aren't big eaters (especially on a hot summer day). I feel that if I am with others who are ordering , I should be able to sit & eat also. Just becase I cannot eat a full adult portion it shouldn't be suggested to me that I eat from the counter service places (which was the servers comment after telling him I wasn't that hungry) . Yes I know I should have reported him but I didn't ...I just let it go, but he knew from my tip that I wasn't happy with HIS service!

When we had dinner in the lands at Epcot we asked if my daughter 14 could just order the children's meal since she isn't a big eater. Well, they said sure but we have to charge her the full price since it is served family style. Well she had the most expensive chicken nuggets she ever eaten. But we were on vacation. Oh Well.

Another note-if I remember correctly, the Mexican place near Pirates had a sign that said 'for children only', but the burger place on the back side had no such sign. Interesting since both of those plus the ?Fruit Whip? place are run from the same central kitchen. Otherwise I don't remember seeing the sign anywhere else.

Regardless, I'm going to do some kids meals this time. The heat makes me WAY too sick for a full meal.

I eat the kids meal at every counter service rest. @WDW and have never had a problem. We've also ordered one meal and shared it. And when I'm suffering from soda pop overload, I ask for a complimentary cup of ice water with my counter service meal (a drink usually comes with the kids meal) Go for it!

My DD is a fussy eater (13 years old at the time) and only wanted something from the children's menu (don't remember which restaurants in Disney) but they didn't mind her eating something from the children's menu. We asked if it was OK and briefly explained that she didn't like anything on the adult menu. No one had a problem with that!

I wanted to order off the children's menu at the restaurant at the Contemporary (I forget the name of it). The server said it wouldn't be a problem, but they would have to "upscale" it, which meant throwing a piece of lettuce and tomato on the plate and adding $2 to the price. :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter