Kids Help With Planning?

maileenm

Earning My Ears
I would like to have my two oldest (11 and 7 yrs old) feel like they have a part in the planning. Can anyone recommend a good "guide book" for them? I use the term guide book loosely. Pamphlets, small guides, etc. would probably be more their speed. They wouldn't read a large inclusive guide book. I don't really want a DVD because I would like something where they can circle rides and mark up themselves.
While I have ideas as to what they would like to see, I'd like to see what they say and what rides and attractions they would prefer over others...especially if the lines get long.

You can order custom maps online for free. Have the kids help you make them (basically highlights what you want to see and do). My kids love looking at the maps. Talk about restaurants, showing them pictures in Disney Food Blog. Watch ride videos in YouTube. We've picked out our MB colors, covers from DVC Central, and their Disney giftcards for souvenirs.

We got the Birnbaum kids guide book. It was a fun book for them to look at and help decide which rides they would rather skip vs which were 'must do' rides.

I would like to have my two oldest (11 and 7 yrs old) feel like they have a part in the planning. Can anyone recommend a good "guide book" for them? I use the term guide book loosely. Pamphlets, small guides, etc. would probably be more their speed. They wouldn't read a large inclusive guide book. I don't really want a DVD because I would like something where they can circle rides and mark up themselves.
While I have ideas as to what they would like to see, I'd like to see what they say and what rides and attractions they would prefer over others...especially if the lines get long.

My kids are the same ages and one of their fave things is to help pick the restaurants. I always print menus off AllEars and let them give their thoughts on the menu items/characters available.

I would be interested to hear what favorite parks are in order of most liked to least liked.

I had Birnbaum's guide for my Disneyland trip, I absolutely loved it. I still have it somewhere and I like to go back and read it sometimes.

Have them give their opinions on rides and restaurants, and the daily plan. The best part of my 2014 trip was that my dad scheduled a FastPass for Big Thunder Mountain ever day we were in the Magic Kingdom-because it's my favorite ride. Something as simple as that can be really exciting.

My kids are the same age as yours. My oldest reads disboards religiously (on her own pc so she does not mess up my last read posts) my youngest has much to say about what she wants to ride, do, eat and where to stay. The little one is fully capable of reading map, guidebook or menu and commenting indefinitely. Children in these age groups love to obsess over fun things. If I were to buy a book for the little one this is it http://www.amazon.com/Birnbaums-201...qid=undefined&sr=1-1&keywords=disney+for+kids

I would also suggest the Disney for Kids book, our DDs love it. The older one will read to the younger one about rides etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter