Kids' Clubs question

Lesley

DIS Veteran
I know the age for the kids' clubs is 4-10yo, but I also know that in the not too distant past the age was 3yo. Having worked in daycare, I strongly suspect the reason they raised the age is that they were getting many 3yo's who weren't completely potty trained. That could be a big mess.

My question is....has anyone taken an older 3yo to the kids' clubs?

I wouldn't even consider this except that by the time dd is 4 we'll have another baby....and I was hoping to at least get one night out for dh and myself before then! I also have an 8yo ds (who will be too old for the kids' clubs by the time the baby is old enough...argh!) My dd has been completely potty trained since 2, so that's not an issue for us at all. And both my kids would really like the chance to try one of these.

I'm not comfortable using at sitting service at all.....a complete stranger with my kids in a hotel room just is totally out of my area of comfort. Once again, having worked in daycare, I know that some people who are working with children shouldn't be....and that the situation can be much worse if children are alone with someone like that. I won't take the chance. Also, the point isn't completely just to have time alone with dh....its to give the kids a chance to do something fun too.

Hi Lesley,

The age is set by the flordia state laws on child care ratio. From what i understand they are very strict and exceptions are not made. Sorry about that. As another parent that will not consider in room care i understand! Congratulations on the new little one!

Have a blast.

Jordan's mom

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter