• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Kidani Village/Jambo House Live Savanna View and Live Mobile Streaming! and photos!

myDISboards

Mouseketeer
1-bedroom ready at 12:45PM on Easter Sunday and “close to lobby” honored via Member Services. LIVE streaming is from April 04 to 09.

Ustream setups:

1. Webcam features Carl Zeiss optics with autofocus for live “Sunset” savanna view at Kidani Village.

2. iPhone 3G with Ustream mobile apps for random live mobile streaming throughout Kidani Village and Jambo House.

3. Sound will be muted at times.

4. CAM (viewer) will toggle at times between live savanna view and random live mobile streaming.

5. Some recorded videos for mobile streaming and savanna view will appear at the below website.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/kidani-village-savanna-view-jambo-house-cam

Password is myDISboards (case sensitive).

**Tentative live mobile streaming for Space Shuttle Discovery Launch (Mission Number STS-131) is targeted on April 05 at 6:21AM EDT from NASA Causeway launch viewing site.

**Tentative live mobile streaming for Space Shuttle Discovery Launch (Mission Number STS-131) is targeted on April 05 at 6:21AM EDT from NASA Causeway launch viewing site.

I was able to mobile stream it. In case you missed it, the recorded video is at the mentioned website above.

The shuttle "night" launch was "once in a lifetime" experiences and words can't described it. I'm aware that there is free options like Space View Park (Titusville, FL), etc. There are 3 more day launches left in 2010!!

For our drive from KSC Visitor Complex to Kidani Village, we took “back roads” in little over 2 hours to avoid traffic on Route 528 (Beachline Expy). Back roads from KSC Visitor Complex to Kidani Village = Route 405 to Route 50 to Route 408 to Route 4 ( tolls = $1.75).

I hopped on any theme park bus to Jambo House and only downtown Disney bus back to Kidani Village. Waited 5-8 minutes for both buses.

kvbusone.jpg

kvbustwo.jpg

Also one of my plans is mobile stream the most talk about 1/4 mile walk from main lobby to north and south ends of elevators. Also mobile stream the walk to Jambo House for Mara.

Since others have pictures and trip reports, if you would like to see specific items about Kidani Village or Jambo House, I would mobile stream it for you if I can get to it. Don't worry, this week is our 3rd non-Disney parks vacation so I have many relax "non-rush" hours.

WEBCAM is back.

Had some issues this morning between 6:20AM to 6:50AM with Disney Internet Access so I called '56' on the room phone to be connected to Disney Internet Access Guest Support team.

They couldn't resolve the issues and they mentioned I 'locked' my computer. My Windows Vista settings have always been no screen saver and never turn off the computer.

I resolved the issues.

Windows Vista > Network and Sharing Center > Manage Network Connections > Local Area Connection > Right click on Properties > Networking button for Configure > Advanced tab > Speed & Duplex > Change the value from 'Auto' to '10Mb Half'

I ran 3 commercial speed tests and one is shown below.

Download speed of 1.06Mbps
Upload speed of 257kbps

kvinternetspeed.jpg

Just like looking out the window, thanks for doing this !

Just like looking out the window, thanks for doing this !

You're welcome! Enjoy! I saw your chat comment "crystal clear stream" on my iPhone 3G while I was mobile streaming from Sanna restaurant today (lunch reservation).

I don't really like Disney internet access 24-contiguous hours billing because it interrupted twice thus far (no daily access fee for DVC members).

Also one of my plans is mobile stream the most talk about 1/4 mile walk from main lobby to north and south ends of elevators. Also mobile stream the walk to Jambo House for Mara.

VIDEO is at above website named "The walkway between Kidani Village and Jambo House"

I walked leisurely for the mobile recording from Kidani Village to Jambo House in 8 minutes. I'm not a runner, but I immediately jogged back the same walkway from Jambo House to Kidani Village in 4 minutes.

Also one of my plans is mobile stream the most talk about 1/4 mile walk from main lobby to north and south ends of elevators.

VIDEOS are at above website named "North Elevators 1/4-mile walk" and "South Elevators 1/4-mile walk".

From main lobby to north/south elevators (north/south corridors; north/south beads, etc) with savanna views and room numbers.

Hi there! I'm really enjoying your videos! Thanks for sharing!

I was wondering if you noticed if the AKL did anything special for kids on Easter Sunday? Any egg hunts or anything? I asked on the general resorts boards and no one answered. I was hoping since you're there you maybe saw something! :goodvibes Thanks in advance, and I appreciate it if you can help!

P.S. Is there any way you could take a picture of the activities board? I"m considering a stay here next year and if I knew what they offer during the day for indoor/outdoor activities, it would help me make my decision! Thanks if you could, it would be soooooo appreciated!

Hi again, I was wondering where you were for the Giraffes and Jordan video...they are so close! Was that from your room?

Also, I'm watching live right now and saw the truck pull up and put some food in the trees, and within minutes there are a ton of giraffes! Do they by chance give you a schedule of when they will be feeding the animals in your area of the resort? It would be great to schedule your day around when they are close by if possible :)

Hi there! I'm really enjoying your videos! Thanks for sharing!

I was wondering if you noticed if the AKL did anything special for kids on Easter Sunday? Any egg hunts or anything? I asked on the general resorts boards and no one answered. I was hoping since you're there you maybe saw something! :goodvibes Thanks in advance, and I appreciate it if you can help!

P.S. Is there any way you could take a picture of the activities board? I"m considering a stay here next year and if I knew what they offer during the day for indoor/outdoor activities, it would help me make my decision! Thanks if you could, it would be soooooo appreciated!

Easter Sunday (Jambo House): Character Meet & Greet - 8:30am to 10:30am at Poolside.

Easter Sunday (Kidani Village): Character Meet & Greet - 8:30am to 10:30am at Sport Courts.

I have a video at above website named "April Activities" for both Jambo House and Kidani Village, aka Daily Adventures.

Edited: Added a pic for Kidani Village Pool Activities on Easter Sunday April 04, 2010
kveasterpoolactivities.jpg

Hi again, I was wondering where you were for the Giraffes and Jordan video...they are so close! Was that from your room?

Not from our room. From main lobby, turn left at Concierge Desk/DVC kiosk, about 25-30 steps before the first set of north elevators.

Also, I'm watching live right now and saw the truck pull up and put some food in the trees, and within minutes there are a ton of giraffes! Do they by chance give you a schedule of when they will be feeding the animals in your area of the resort? It would be great to schedule your day around when they are close by if possible :)

We haven't ask feeding questions yet.

Thanks for your response! I am sooooo enjoying your videos! I spent a few hours off and on watching your live stream today and I decided I just have to book a Savannah view for next year, even if I have to make it a split stay so we can afford it! Thank you again for sharing this with us, and I'll be sure to find the April activities link...you're the best, and I hope you're having a wonderful vacation! :thumbsup2

I read on disboards that there is a short-cut walk from Jambo House buses area to Mara restaurant.

I would like to present my video at above website named "Short-cut from Jambo House Buses..."

Videos/pictures worth a thousand words.

FYI. Live streaming will be until 11:00AM EDT on Friday, April 09 (check-out) if Disney internet access cooperates.

...this is GREAT! I almost feel like I'm sitting on a balcony, enjoying the view! :thumbsup2 Thanks...

This is wonderful, thank you. Ahhh Going to sit back here and watch and relaxe during my lunch.

Hope your all having a wonderful vacation! :goodvibes

Angel 16

Thank you for doing the live feed, I was able to show my DS since we will be there this coming November :thumbsup2

Hi there, I was wondering what floor you're on? Your view has been spectacular, I will miss it when you have to go home :( Thanks again for taking the time to share, and all of the great videos...the kidani pool area for kids looks like a lot of fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter