Kidani or jambo?

Valentina8623

Earning My Ears
i think I have narrowed down my choices. I think the kids 7 and 5 would love the animals at akv. What is the difference between kidani and jambo? I would definitely want the savannah view. Also, a lot of people have suggested poly. I am also considering that one and AoA since people have said it would be great for the kids. I am extremely conflicted. I want to book for this April and money is not too much of an issue but I also don't want to waste it. I personally would love to come back from a long day at the parks and relax but I also want the kids to have a blast and love it. So I splurge or go cheaper? We are planning 7-8 nights with a 7day park hopper with water park.

I've stayed both. I enjoyed Kidani with our immediate family. We were actually UPgraded our second or third visit to Savannah room. We loved it.
I did not however like seeing long hallways filled with the huge food tray stands or navigating around them all times of the day/nite. It is also not my favorite when it comes to food... which of course is themed to the resort ( mostly).
Jambo just felt more remote to me... longer rides to parks.
Kidani had similar situation with food for us..but we again greatly enjoyed the Savannah view room. There is Nothing like waking up to coffee on ur balcony overlooking the animals which are literally outside your sliders. Spectacular. We found Jambo busier, just felt More Disney to me... I'd choose Jambo unless going with a large group... than kidani.
Enjoy wherever you choose!
IMHO there is no comparison to AoA or even poly ( tho Poly Club was Awesome). But if Animals are ur thing there's no denying either of AK resorts.

Are you only considering villas and/or standard hotel rooms?

For studio villas I prefer Jambo due to the more impressive lobby and dining options, but I prefer Kidani for 1 and 2BR villa

Kidani does have a better water splash area, and a more adventurous slide. But at 5 and 7, I think the kids may prefer Jambo's more mild slide.

Kidani is only villas, and a studio would have a queen bed and a full-sized pull out couch.

Jambo, on the hotel side, has some bunk-bed rooms that can be nice as the kids wouldn't have to share a bed.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter