Keys to the Kingdom Tour - Questions.....

zdad

Tagless since 2005 !
We always wanted to do it, and I think we have the opportunity this trip. I have a couple questions to those that have done it.

1. The info says its 5 hours. It that pretty spot on? If we schedule it for our last day we can't afford it to last much longer than that.

2. Does it end at the park entrance where it began?

3. It says there is lunch included at Columba House. Is that mid tour or available after the tour?

4. There is a shorter 3 hour tour. Is it worth it or should we just go for the KTTK tour?

Any other info is appreciated.

We always wanted to do it, and I think we have the opportunity this trip. I have a couple questions to those that have done it.

1. The info says its 5 hours. It that pretty spot on? If we schedule it for our last day we can't afford it to last much longer than that.

3. It says there is lunch included at Columba House. Is that mid tour or available after the tour?

4. There is a shorter 3 hour tour. Is it worth it or should we just go for the KTTK tour?

DH and I did it Valentine's weekend.

1. Yes, exactly five hours for us. The tour guide kept a good pace, and gave plenty of breaks as well.
2. Starts and ends right in front of city hall.
3. Yes, lunch is right during the middle of the tour. It also depends when your tour started. We could tell they had a tour coming in before and after us. It's pretty scheduled in advance.
4. I have not done the 3 hour tour, so I can only speak to KTTK tour. Being able to hear history of the Disney company and the unique ways they think about every little detail is amazing. I truly loved the tour, and it was definitely a memorable experience to check off the Disney bucket list. :)

Thanks Belle. Going to book it tonight. We arrive on the 2nd of April.

I'm from the uk and we have always wanted to do this but my children have bend too young to do it. She will be 16 on our next visit, do we have to provide proof of age like a passport etc. what do you get to eat at the Resturant? Is it anything off the menu. I am sure I read that you also get a special pin is this true?

I'm from the uk and we have always wanted to do this but my children have bend too young to do it. She will be 16 on our next visit, do we have to provide proof of age like a passport etc. what do you get to eat at the Resturant? Is it anything off the menu. I am sure I read that you also get a special pin is this true?

Just did this on Wednesday and loved it! And we were not asked to show ID but my youngest is 19. No one on our tour looked younger than 16.

Before the tour, the guide shows you what I thought was a partial menu with about 6 choices. Fish, chicken, shrimp, sandwiches and choice of beverage. Yes on the pin. It's cute.

I would love to do this but DH can't walk very far. Is the tour wheelchair friendly?

As MeanestMomEver said you get a partial menu choice at the beginning of the tour. It is ready as soon as you get to the Harbour House, in which you eat upstairs. I think I got the tuna salad, french fries, and a tea. It was a filling meal. If I remember correctly it was a half hour lunch which was perfect. This is where you get that "special" pin. It really is awesome, it made me start collecting pins. Oh, and you also get a cool little name tag to wear during the tour that you keep as well.

I would love to do this but DH can't walk very far. Is the tour wheelchair friendly?

Yes, there it is. When I called to book the tour, they asked if anybody in the group needed any special accessibility. They said they could have an EVC ready if needed.

Yes, there it is. When I called to book the tour, they asked if anybody in the group needed any special accessibility. They said they could have an EVC ready if needed.

Thanks so much for the quick answer. now I have to talk him into it:) We will have annual passes so this is the time to do it.

The CM when I booked said everyone had to have a photo ID with proof of age. We will have a 16 and 17 year old on our trip. We did the Segway tour when my other DD was 16 and they made her show an ID. It has something to do with insurance/liability when going into the backstage areas is what I was told.

I took the tour using my personal ECV. Went with young adult DD. There was no issue with the tour and the ECV. At lunch upstairs at CHH I was shown to an elevator in the kitchen area. That was the only thing different from others who walked. The KTTK tour wasn't "awkward" for one on wheels in any way. It was an excellent tour; time well spent. Let Disney know in advance of your mobility equipment/needs.

Our tour went a bit longer than 5 1/2 hours. So if you have somewhere to be exactly after the five-hour mark, you may want to do the tour on another day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter