Key West activities......

PrincessSophiasMom

Mouseketeer
We are going to be stopping at Key West on our upcoming cruise and we will be traveling with 2 VERY active and easily distracted 5 year old kiddos. We booked the trolley/train tour but upon further reading it looks like we will be in the trolley for a hour to an hour and a half. We are not sure if the kids will be able to sit still that long during the tour and we don't want to disturb anyone else so we are thinking about canceling. Is there any other excursion that is geared more towards young children or would we be ok with just walking off the boat and doing some exploring right there at the port? Thanks!!!

We are going to be stopping at Key West on our upcoming cruise and we will be traveling with 2 VERY active and easily distracted 5 year old kiddos. We booked the trolley/train tour but upon further reading it looks like we will be in the trolley for a hour to an hour and a half. We are not sure if the kids will be able to sit still that long during the tour and we don't want to disturb anyone else so we are thinking about canceling. Is there any other excursion that is geared more towards young children or would we be ok with just walking off the boat and doing some exploring right there at the port? Thanks!!!
You can purchase the trolley tour independently. It's a hop-on hop-off trolley. You can get off at various stops along the way that you may feel the kids will be interested in. I know the butterfly place is near one of the stops.

Or you can just get off and go to places like the aquarium on your own. Key West is very walk-able.

One thing I wouldn't miss is the Butterfly Garden. It's at the end of Duval Street close to the Southernmost Point. It's only a 1.2 mile walk from the boat to there so when we get there in November I'm just going to walk it. I've read that if you have young one's you might not want to walk down Duval Street with all the adult themed items in some of the shops but I'm not really worried about that. Have fun!

I've read that if you have young one's you might not want to walk down Duval Street with all the adult themed items in some of the shops
Yes, depending on the ages of the children, some interesting conversations can be started by walking down Duval Street. Really young ones probably won't get the sexual innuendos presented, but an older child .....

If you go to Mallory Square (right at the cruise ship pier), there are a couple of trolley companies that give you unlimited on/off all day. Every time we've been there they had plenty of seats available, and plenty of departures. That way, if you want, you can take the tour but interrupt it several times with walking around/visiting various sights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter