KelbyOne?

MAJPLO

DIS Veteran
Anyone have a KelbyOne membership? I'm looking at their cyber deal and wondering if anyone can tell me about their experience using it. I'm still a beginner, would like to know more about Photoshop, but don't have (or plan to get) Lightroom or any of the other programs the Kelby people talk about often. So is the membership worth it just for the classes? And what are the classes like? TIA

I signed up last month and have found it very helpful. There is a lot of content there. I found things helpful that I never thought about. I might sign up for the year membership.

I've been a member for a few years now. I have learned so much about so many software's and photography. Well worth it in my opinion.

I signed up more for the travel work shops than the software training, though I have learned several very helpful things about Photoshop and Lightroom as well.

They do talk a lot about Lightroom but that doesn't mean their information about Photoshop falls short.

I watched a lot of Kelby's youtube videos before signing up. You'll get to try on Kelby for size to see if his personality fits yours, though I should mention that he does not do all of the training videos.

I am curious why you are resisting Lightroom. I don't mean to be judgmental at all, I had that attitude until a year or so ago, but just curious. Photoshop is a great program but I've found Lightroom so much easier to use for the kind of photography I do and really like its publishing and export capabilities.

I signed up more for the travel work shops than the software training, though I have learned several very helpful things about Photoshop and Lightroom as well. They do talk a lot about Lightroom but that doesn't mean their information about Photoshop falls short. I watched a lot of Kelby's youtube videos before signing up. You'll get to try on Kelby for size to see if his personality fits yours, though I should mention that he does not do all of the training videos. I am curious why you are resisting Lightroom. I don't mean to be judgmental at all, I had that attitude until a year or so ago, but just curious. Photoshop is a great program but I've found Lightroom so much easier to use for the kind of photography I do and really like its publishing and export capabilities.

Not necessarily resisting Lightroom, I just don't have it. I have Photoshop Elements 10 (it may be 11) and I don't know it well enough to spend money on other editing software when right now I should focus more on my basics and maybe get into processing more later. But not now. I want to learn what I have first is all.

I have been a KelbyOne member for a while, and I've found all the videos very helpful.

The Cyber special of $149 for an Annual KelbyOne Membership with the Nik Collection by Google is a good deal.

Just signed up for KelbyOne over the weekend. I am doing the monthly plan with 7 day free trial. So far I am impressed, but need to dig deeper as there is a great deal of information. I am interested in the PS course as I currently use LR and have a good handle on Post Processing in LR.

I will be interested to go through some of the Photography Courses. I went through the How to Take Tack Sharp Photos course with Matt K. It was good and interesting, but nothing really truly groundbreaking information wise in the course.

Anyone else have any recommended courses they have enjoyed?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter