Keeping track of the savings on DDP

MissMagnolia

DIS Veteran
How do you all keep track...I want to see how well we do. Do you get a check before you give them your resort ID so you can write down the totals?

The actual check comes with the zero'ed out reciept it is on the side with the stuff the restaurant keeps, when you sign for it take a minute to jot the total down on the "zero'ed" out reciept. I kept a weekly page planner--you know a sheet with the days of the week on it and three sections am, afternoon and evening for planning purposes. I used that and wrote all the ADR's and park hours on it and then leave room to keep track of unused credits and the total from each meal. Honestly you do not need to do that much work, just go eat and have fun, the plan works fine. After my December trip I knew I didn't have to keep track of totals anymore so I stopped doing that and just kept track of credits from one day to the next. Mostly because DD was sure DS was going to use up all the snack credits and I wanted to show that he was not and that she was not losing any of hers if she chose not to have a snack one day and then wanted popcorn and soda the next day.

When you finish your meal, the server will bring the bill, which will show the prices and total cost of the meal, including tax and tip. That's the only time you will see those numbers at many restaurants, so you need to jot it down.

You then give them your room key, the server disappears, magic occurs, and they return with a $.00 receipt, which will show the remaining number of that category of credits remaining. (e.g. "12 TS credits remaining," or maybe "8 A/TSs, 4 C/TSs remaining" if they segregate the A/C credits in the computer)

That receipt is going to be the only one you take away from the restaurant in most cases, and it makes a convenient place to write down the dollar amount.

Don't they also give you a print out of the "before & after" totals when checking out? They did this last year when we were on the free dining plan, broken down by each CS and TS. With nine of us going this time with free dining, I am curious just how much it would have all cost OOP.:confused3

Just got back yesterday and some restaurants gave me both receipts, one with the total and one zero-ed out. Some places didn't so I kept a mental note of it. Overall, I think we came out a little over $100 ahead.

This time I will be bringing my Palm TX along to keep notes. Might also get some souvier menus.

PortieOwner said:
This time I will be bringing my Palm TX along to keep notes. Might also get some souvier menus.

Do they offer souvenir menus at all restaurants at WDW? That would be cool!

PortieOwner said:

Oh man! I wish I would have asked for menus for my scrapbooking!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter