Keep checking availability for discount

luvseaside

Earning My Ears
I'm appreciative to those who preach to keep checking availability. I did and my resort that we had booked for rack rate (CBR) finally opened up for the room discount today. I was hoping for free dining, but I'll take it! Saved $500. So it does pay to keep looking.

Congrats! The room discount will probably save you almost as much as FD. Persistence pays.

I've cancelled a discounted RO and rebooked it with a cheaper room category for one night in October. I continue to look, because I'm curious.

Thanks for the heads up. I just switched us over from French Quarter to CBR because of this. We had a RO discount @ FQ already but it was still cheaper now @ CBR. We didn't do as well as you but did save over $200 on the reservation.

Booked free dining deal for October 25 at Caribean Beach tonight. Still showing available.
Thanks, Granfan! I thought free dining was long gone but rechecked on your recommendation this morning. We already had the 30% room only discount at CBR but switched over to free dining today. With 4 adults in our room, it will save us some bucks. Awesome!

Yay! So glad you saw it in time! We stayed CBR last November and loved the newly done rooms.

Question: if a specific room type is all sold out, will disney not offer a late fall Room only discount for that room type? Or will they still offer a few, but you have to call to get it?

Yes indeed, I have been checking every day since I booked to see if CB would open up and this morning there is was, standard rooms with free dining. I was able to modify from Pop to CB for only $200 more (we have 2 rooms booked). Well worth it!!!!!!!!!! I still keep looking at the ressie on MDE because I cannot believe it!

I found a CBR last night also and just checking now all resorts are open for my dates. Since FD came around there has only been little to pick from.

Just wanted to add to my original post - my TA alerted me soon afterwards that more rooms opened up with FD, so we ended up getting Free Dining after all! pixiedust:I gave up my Room discount, obviously, but the free dining was a better deal for my traveling companions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter