• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just when you thought you've seen all the MAGIC! **See Page 95 for PTR!!!!**

We LOVE ET...it's one of my favorites at Universal...such fun and brings back such fond memories.

When I walked out of the ride, I found Juliana and Melody. They both looked at me with sad eyes. I think I had them too. We gathered up our belongings and headed towards the exit. We did spot Dale Jr.'s car walking out.

I get that look too, as does Mark.

DSC02151.jpg

This always makes me smile...such a seasoned traveler (and obvioiusly a better flier than me. ;)

Now we have to plan the next adventure as a family of 4!

This will be so fun; I just wish now we were going in November instead of September. :sad2:

Thank you all once again for following and bearing with me during this looooong TR. I am going to be starting a PTR soon since we have not only 1 trip but 2 trips in the works!

Can't wait to read all about it.

The day when you have to return home is never a fun day, but I think you did pretty well and fitted in quite a lot of UO fun on your last day.

I wish we had a little more time at US but we already were taking a 7pm flight. Good thing it is only 2 1/2 hours home. :goodvibes

So sorry to see your TR coming to an end! :sad2:
I am sad too but I am also relieved to have finished it. ;)

Sooooooooooooo happy to hear that you are planning two more trips and that you are planning on a PTR! :woohoo:
I hope you post the link to it here! :thumbsup2
I will post a link once I am able to get it started. Probably not till next week. :goodvibes

what a fun last day for you all! Ana looks so cute in her sunglasses!
She was styling!

wow those are some long waits :eek:
Oh yea. The spring break crowd was in full effect. :headache:

think you can have a pass on taking so long for this TR since Christopher has taken up your extra DIS time....next time we might not be so accomodating :lmao::lmao:
Thanks for the pass... :rolleyes1

can't wait to find out your next trip dates and what you have planned popcorn::
For one of the trips we are looking at the first week of Nov. :surfweb:

So sad this trip is over! Excited to see the new PTR! Is your little boy coming too?!
Thank you for sticking with me. :goodvibes

The answer to your question is yes..... and no... popcorn::

Tim, I simply loved ALL of the magical moments on your trip and the pics of the children are SO CUTE!!! NO WONDER your TR took a while. (Mine is going to take forever, oh well...life happens). Those cakes are TOO CUTE! AMAZING!!! Lisa would just go nuts.

I am so glad you could save your Universal tickets for later. After I had asked you about it that was what WE planned to do as well. They have gotten wise at Universal I guess..our tickets expired exactly 2 weeks after the start of Lisa's trip...so we were able to go for a few hours one day, but that is all we could squeeze in.

THANK YOU for sharing your beautiful family with us and your great memories. Your TR's have helped me get my Disney fix more than once over the past two years...THANK YOU!
:goodvibes:goodvibes

Always sad when a trip comes to an end, but YAY for TWO trips this year! I am still trying to figure out how I can get one in! No Disney in 2011 hurt me, and knee surgery on 2/15/12 is killing me time wise too!
I hope the surgery is quick and painless. That doesn't sound like much fun. :sad2: :headache:

Looks like it was a great last day! I felt the same about Universal when we went years ago, long lines, rides not worth the wait, wasted so much of the day in the line.
We had fun but we were pressed for time. I kept looking to see what time it was. I didn't want to get to MCO late and have to deal with a long security line. Traveling with 1 kid is stressful enough let alone trying to run through an airport because we didn't get there in time.

Love that Ana has gotten so much use out of her wish trip clothes! Hopefully they still fit for at least one of the next couple trips!
She wears them when she can. She actually wore the Minnie Christmas Dress on Christmas day. She is growing like a weed though and I don't know how long they will continue to fit. :sad1:

boo to ending trip report yay to new trips coming up.
thanks for reading! We are excited but the new trip is so far away. :goodvibes

She's obviously a good little traveler!
I wasn't on an airplane till I was 20 (or so) She is seasoned!

So sad it's over....thanks for sharing it with us!
Thanks for reading!!!!

Looking forward to reading all about it. I hope it's real soon!
I'm gonna take a little break and try to figure out what I'm gonna do with the PTR before I start. Knowing me it will just be a bunch of banter and a few pictures. :lmao::lmao:

We made out way over to 1 Fish 2 Fish Red Fish Blue Fish- which basically is Dumbo, or was it Aladdin's carpets, or was it Triceratops Spin? I forget.

During the ride you have to try to avoid the water being shot at you.... or in the case with our ride, try to get sprayed!
It involves spraying water, so I guess that would make it Aladdin's Carpets. :thumbsup2 :rotfl2:

I wanted to check out the wait time for the Hulk roller coaster so I left the girls for a minute to check the wait time. I fought the crowds on the way over. This place was packed! When I got over to the ride it was only a 2 hour wait. UGH.
:headache: That's a disappointment.

This was a long and sloooooooooooow line. We ended up waiting for over over an hour. Good thing we could read the story while we waited.
So what did you do for the other 55 minutes? :confused3

The ride is basically a kiddie roller coaster- except there are no drops, no speed, no fun.
Great sales pitch! :thumbsup2 :lmao::rotfl:

Juliana has never seen the movie but she really loved the ride. I did too! I suggest you check it out if you ever make it there.
I love ET. For the most part, I think Disney is the best when it comes to theming, but US really nailed this one.

The Mummy is a roller coaster that doesn't invert and there aren't many big drops. What makes this a great ride is the visual aspect of it along with the story... yes, a roller coaster with a story.
Fun ride, but it's no Hulk. :sad2:

When I walked out of the ride, I found Juliana and Melody. They both looked at me with sad eyes. I think I had them too.
That's always a sad moment when it's time to go.:sad1:

Thank you all once again for following and bearing with me during this looooong TR. I am going to be starting a PTR soon since we have not only 1 trip but 2 trips in the works!
I look forward to them! :thumbsup2

Juliana and I had just gotten off the Cat in the Hat ride in IOA and we met up with Melody who was doing a little sunbathing. We made out way over to 1 Fish 2 Fish Red Fish Blue Fish- which basically is Dumbo, or was it Aladdin's carpets, or was it Triceratops Spin? I forget.

Sounds more like Astro-Orbiter to me. :rolleyes1

We got off with being just a little wet. I wanted to check out the wait time for the Hulk roller coaster so I left the girls for a minute to check the wait time. I fought the crowds on the way over. This place was packed! When I got over to the ride it was only a 2 hour wait. UGH. I guess I won't be riding that today. So I texted Mel and said I was going to come back to them.

Sorry you missed out. Hopefully you found something just as exciting...

This was a long and sloooooooooooow line. We ended up waiting for over over an hour. Good thing we could read the story while we waited.

Over an hour? Surely the ride at the end would be just as exciting as the Hulk...

The ride is basically a kiddie roller coaster- except there are no drops, no speed, no fun.

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

So it's like Dumbo, but on a track.

IOA was so packed we made the decision to try Universal out. I mean, it couldn't be any worse, right?

Don't say that! It's one of the classic blunders!

We were pleasantly surprised to see that it wasn't nearly as busy as IOA.

Ok, you lucked out. But it's still playing with fire.

Did you know Melody has her own diner there?

Discounts on the check! :woohoo:

We didn't let Juliana play because we couldn't let her get soaked, but we teased her by taking pictures of it.

Parents. Of. The. Year. :rotfl2:

Who knew the Burger King "King' would be hanging out here?

:eek: And he's still creepy!

The Mummy is a roller coaster that doesn't invert and there aren't many big drops. What makes this a great ride is the visual aspect of it along with the story... yes, a roller coaster with a story.

Sounds perfect for certain readers of yours! :thumbsup2

Now we have to plan the next adventure as a family of 4! [/SIZE]

:woohoo:

Thanks for taking us along on the report, Tim! I love hearing about your adventures. And I can't wait to see what Christopher thinks of Disney... popcorn::

I am so happy you are going on 2 trips this year.....YAY! I hope you write reports on those too. I love seeing things through your families eyes!

Yeah, well...blame the AP. :lmao: Its amazing how your mind works when you take the price of park tickets out of the equation. Its almost like its free. :lmao: Oh...Disney...you are so very smart.
I hear ya. We are thinking about APs too... maybe. I really need to run all the numbers. :teacher:

Looks like you had a great end to your trip, although it always sad to see it end. Thanks for sharing it with us and we're looking forward to more details about your next trip (s)??!! :goodvibes
The end is sad but then you get to plan another one. And planning is 1/2.. ummm 1/4 of the fun! Thanks for reading!!! :goodvibes

It is always sad to a trip come to an end unless......

You have another one planned. :cool1: In your case not one but two trips.

Ok :surfweb: for a sign you started. :laughing:
Thanks for reading Pat! I think before I start I'm going to try and catch up on a few other threads.... :rolleyes1 popcorn::

We LOVE ET...it's one of my favorites at Universal...such fun and brings back such fond memories.
It was a great ride! We really enjoyed it. :goodvibes

This always makes me smile...such a seasoned traveler (and obvioiusly a better flier than me.
She doesn't know anything different. I hate flying too... especially when I get horrible head pressure on the descent. :headache:

This will be so fun; I just wish now we were going in November instead of September.

Can't wait to read all about it.

Thanks for reading Kathy! I'll let you know when the next one starts... probably when you are in WDW! LOL

Tim, I simply loved ALL of the magical moments on your trip and the pics of the children are SO CUTE!!! NO WONDER your TR took a while. (Mine is going to take forever, oh well...life happens). Those cakes are TOO CUTE! AMAZING!!! Lisa would just go nuts.

Thank you for reading Judy! We did have a great time... I wish we were going back this March.

The cakes Melody's cousin made as awesome. She might make a Star Wars cake for her son this year.

I am so glad you could save your Universal tickets for later. After I had asked you about it that was what WE planned to do as well. They have gotten wise at Universal I guess..our tickets expired exactly 2 weeks after the start of Lisa's trip...so we were able to go for a few hours one day, but that is all we could squeeze in.
Oh really? That stinks! I wish we were able to extend Juliana's trip by a few days but as you remember, we weren't allowed. It is so hard to try and fit in everything in basically 5 days. ;)

THANK YOU for sharing your beautiful family with us and your great memories. Your TR's have helped me get my Disney fix more than once over the past two years...THANK YOU!
You got it! I wish we had unlimited funds... then I can do unlimited TRs! :lmao::lmao:

It involves spraying water, so I guess that would make it Aladdin's Carpets.
I think you're right. ::yes::

So what did you do for the other 55 minutes?
Plan our escape to US!

I love ET. For the most part, I think Disney is the best when it comes to theming, but US really nailed this one.
I didn't really research IOA & US too much before we went so I really didn't have a plan. I knew we needed to see Seuss Landing. I'm glad we had the chance to see E.T. though.

That's always a sad moment when it's time to go.
YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUP!

Sounds more like Astro-Orbiter to me.
Hummmm... I think i forgot this story. But it seems like it has something to do with spit or other? :scared1:

So it's like Dumbo, but on a track.
The sad thing is Dumbo is so much better. ::yes::

Don't say that! It's one of the classic blunders!

Ok, you lucked out. But it's still playing with fire.
And you were worried. :rotfl:

Discounts on the check! :woohoo:
Now if we only had time to stop and eat there... popcorn::

Parents. Of. The. Year.
Thank you! :rolleyes1

:eek: And he's still creepy!
Aww man. You don't like when the King shows up at your window and hands you a Whopper? :confused3

Sounds perfect for certain readers of yours!
It was the total opposite of TOT.... right up your alley! :rotfl2:

Thanks for taking us along on the report, Tim! I love hearing about your adventures. And I can't wait to see what Christopher thinks of Disney... popcorn::
Thank you for reading Mark! I hope Christopher isn't sick of Mickey before he gets to WDW... he only stares at him everyday. ::MickeyMo

I am so happy you are going on 2 trips this year.....YAY! I hope you write reports on those too. I love seeing things through your families eyes!
Thank you Jen. I probably will write reports... even if it just a mini-one. :goodvibes

Thanks for reading Pat! I think before I start I'm going to try and catch up on a few other threads.... :rolleyes1 popcorn::

and start one in particular <cough> look at my siggie<cough>

Get to it when you can - we all know your hands are pretty full right now.

OK EVERYONE.... If you would, come and join my PTR...

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=43859844&posted=1#post43859844

You'll be glad you did....or so I hear. :rolleyes1

already been there...done that....first to post :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

LOL Who's better than you? :confused3 :lmao::lmao:

oh you're going to get in trouble for that statement....can think of plenty of people who'd want to be first....:rolleyes1 but thank you for the heads up...happy I decided to get back on tonight before I headed to bed :thumbsup2

oh you're going to get in trouble for that statement....can think of plenty of people who'd want to be first....:rolleyes1 but thank you for the heads up...happy I decided to get back on tonight before I headed to bed :thumbsup2
I think I know someone who is going to be upset with me... :rolleyes1

I'm off to bed too.... I'm beat! :cool:

I think I know someone who is going to be upset with me... :rolleyes1

Hmm, does it start with a "K" and end with an "athy"?? Yup, you're in trouble mister. Better put some more super cute pics up on your PTR to calm her down!:laughing:

Ugh, I can't believe I didn't see that you finished this TR! Sheesh, and after all the grief that I gave you about updating. I hang my head in shame.:guilty:

Ok, back to the final update!

So cool that you managed to squeeze in a Universal pit stop! Looks like Juliana had a great time even though you couldn't ride the Hulk coaster.:sad1: It does look like an awesome ride, I'd love to try it! The Mummy sounds really fun too. We're probably going to pop over to Universal too on our next trip, it's just too darn tempting that it's so close to Disney.

I think the E.T. ride looks amazing! I loved that movie and even had a stuffed E.T. that I slept with when I was little!

We too hate that "it's time to leave for home" feeling. Why can't vacation just go on and on? It should.

Looks like Ana is quite the well seasoned traveler! We never fly down to Disney, always drive so my girls haven't really been on an airplane much lately.

What an amazing trip for you all. It has been an absolute pleasure reading along Tim. Thanks for sharing it, I know it's been difficult with a new baby and limited time.:hug:

Looking forward to all the bashing, er I mean nudging, I mean fun on your PTR!:thumbsup2:goodvibes

Hmm, does it start with a "K" and end with an "athy"?? Yup, you're in trouble mister. Better put some more super cute pics up on your PTR to calm her down!:laughing:
::yes:: I sent her a few pictures in the mail to hold her at bay. :lmao::lmao:

Ugh, I can't believe I didn't see that you finished this TR! Sheesh, and after all the grief that I gave you about updating. I hang my head in shame.:guilty:
It's OK... I forgive you! :flower3:

Ok, back to the final update!

So cool that you managed to squeeze in a Universal pit stop! Looks like Juliana had a great time even though you couldn't ride the Hulk coaster.:sad1: It does look like an awesome ride, I'd love to try it! The Mummy sounds really fun too. We're probably going to pop over to Universal too on our next trip, it's just too darn tempting that it's so close to Disney.
We had fun there- even with the huge crowds. It was lacking the magic that we feel at Disney and US just felt like any other amusement park.

I think the E.T. ride looks amazing! I loved that movie and even had a stuffed E.T. that I slept with when I was little!
The ride was really good. Did you take it with you everywhere like Juliana does with Puppy? :dogdance:

We too hate that "it's time to leave for home" feeling. Why can't vacation just go on and on? It should.
You are right... but it makes planning for the next one lots of fun!

Looks like Ana is quite the well seasoned traveler! We never fly down to Disney, always drive so my girls haven't really been on an airplane much lately.
She has the routine down. She could probably do it all by herself! princess:

What an amazing trip for you all. It has been an absolute pleasure reading along Tim. Thanks for sharing it, I know it's been difficult with a new baby and limited time.
Thank you for reading and putting up with my horrible writing. :rotfl:

Looking forward to all the bashing, er I mean nudging, I mean fun on your PTR!:thumbsup2:goodvibes
Don't lie... I know you will like the bashing. ::yes:: :headache::headache:

UPSET? UPSET? WHO WOULD BE UPSET THAT YOU WOULD START A PTR THE NIGHT THAT I AM ARRIVING AT MY HAPPY PLACE?????????

Certainly not me. Not the calm person who cussed you out when I saw your private message that you started a PTR. Did you hear me clear from Florida cussing you out?

But you did good by sending me hte pictures which I opened when I opened my week of mail since I was gone. And I am in love with the photos...and one is in my wallet and the other two have centerstage on my refrigerator.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter