Just saved some $$$$ with Hojo's

PeterPansPixie

Mouseketeer
I can't believe how cheap I just got December ressies for with Hojo's. I asked for the entertainment rate and it was $69/night for a premium Disney view room with a balcony (our last night is actually $89/night)! They had standard and deluxe rooms for $54/night. This is even cheaper than the rate we got in 2004 for the same room! :woohoo:

We recently had to cancel our June trip and were going to stay at Tropicana for about $130/night. I thought it was horrible that we had to cancel our trip but now I am so happy because we are saving so much $$$$. :)

Just thought I would share the good rates with fellow DISers!

Sorry you had to cancel!! We have 5 nights booked in June at the HOJO because I like the kiddie pool for the kiddos! For 5 nights after taxes I am paying $310 which is AWESOME!! Congrats on the rate, usually they don't have them out that far ahead!

Andrea

Thanks! Sounds like you got an excellent deal too!

I don't have an entertainment book/card yet but will order one when the new ones come out later this year.

Wow! Sounds like a great rate!! I'm trying to plan a trip in Dec. too. What's an entertainment rate? What are your dates? I'm thinking of Dec. 6 - 12, but can't decide. We just went in Feb. and I can't wait to go back.

So what's the scoop on the HOJO that everyone talks about? I've stayed at the Carousel Inn (long time ago) and just recently we stayed at the Residence Inn. I loved the Residence Inn. Great full morning breakfast and the ART was very reliable, but I've heard that's not always the case.

Is it better to book your own hotel and get your tickets on line? Last time I booked through Disney, and in order to go back in Dec. I'm going to have to pinch some pennies to pull it off. So if anyone has some money-saving tips, I'd love it!! :thumbsup2

Never had a problem at RI, but can not find great rates for the 6 of us at Hojo's. I just can not see Hojo's being as good as RI for the price and convienience.

Jackpirate:

I am going at the end of June 23-30 and I can never get the great rates that everyone seems to get at HOJO's. Can anyone help me or share any info? I usually just get the 15% off for having a AP. But everyones discounts are WAY better than that. Thanks so much!!!

Both have distinct advantages. Hojo has great big rooms, some facing the park with private balconies, and high ceilings. The grounds are beautiful and the pools are great fun. The walk to the park is a little bit longer than Carousel.

Carousel is directly across from the main entrance. Fast walk. We liked the rooms, although we were not there much, other than to sleep. The pool is on the roof, and there really are now grounds to the motel.

Either way, good choice.

View of Carousel from other side of Harbor
DSCF0192.jpg

We usually stay at the carousel inn. Last month I stayed for the first time at the HOJO's. It's a little further but the thing I really liked about it was that the doors had inside entrances. I went alone with the kids. Dh could not come so this makes me feel safer at night. I know might be just an illusion but I slept better. For $54 a night I dont mind walking that extra bit further. If it were the same price as the Carousel I would probably stay there instead being that its closer.

You have to get an Entertainment book and card and you need to call Hojo's directly and ask for the Entertainment rate.

Hojo's is an older hotel like everything else on Harbor but it is well taken care of and EXTREMELY clean. Their front desk clerks are the best. I love that it is hotel style and not motel style (doors are on the inside, not outside). The rooms have one king or two queen but the premium rooms could easily fit a rollaway bed in it. Their pool areas are great.

We found that the walk to DL was fine but the walk back was tough. We are going to get ART passes for this trip.

for the entertainment book rate......do i need an "anaheim" area book or will the book from my location still get me those rates if available?

for the entertainment book rate......do i need an "anaheim" area book or will the book from my location still get me those rates if available?

I used the book from AZ. You just have to bring the card that is attached to the front cover. That is all they asked for. Hope this helps!

AZ is right! You can have any cities book and just bring the card. The main draw for us at the HOJO is the kids pool. Usually in the winter we opt to stay closer because we don't swim. But in the summer, you can't beat their pool or the price!

Andrea

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter