Just returned :-(

Mills1878

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
We arrived back in the UK Thursday morning from an overnight flight, and how depressing to be back!

Will be doing a full trip report soon from our 2 week trip but briefly some highs and lows.

Highs :

MNSSHP - What a great evening, virtually walk on rides, parade was really good, great atmosphere in the park and the Hallowishes and pre show was unreal.

Epcot food and wine - Did this over 2 days on a weekend so was busy but had such a good time, some of the food was so good and again such a nice atmosphere during the weekend there.

California grill - Our server was so great, we got a complimentary glass of champagne and desert, watching the fireworks was so cool from there too.

Hard rock hotel - Stayed the second week there and yes it is expensive, 22% service charge for 2 teas which were $8 :eek::eek: , the hotel itself was so good, loved the hot tub in the pool area and great entertainment, great location too.

Transformers at Universal - Did this twice, such a good ride and even the staff get involved during the waiting process.

Character breakfast at MK - Worth the money, filled us right up for the day and the character time per table was very good.

Weather - So lucky, rained one day out of all the days we were there, and that was a day we were chilling/hitting DD so didnt effect us much.

Plenty more but will save it for the full report.

Lows :

Crowds! Wow did not expect such crowds in October. Had always been told Oct was a good time to visit, and dont get me wrong it is, but having been in September twice before we really noticed the difference. Not sure if we hit certain school term breaks, or horror nights/food and wine had an effect on it, but some of the wait times were unreal. Test track was 120 mins at one point with FP all gone by 1pm. Aerosmith coaster was 60 mins too, longest we have seen it. We managed FP as best we could and hit everything we wanted, but took us longer than we expected. Wait times for dis transport was really long too.

FP+/Magic bands - Our resort (All stars music) was on of the few resorts not doing testing so it seemed like alot of guests were using these to reserve ride times etc which no doubt added to the above.

AsI said will get a proper report/pics up soon, sad to be home but we had such a good time, jealous of people who still have their trips to look forward to this year! :lmao:

You did hit school breaks-Columbus day week is a popular week for school Fall break here. Glad you had a great time!

Hi all, We are leaving in less than 3 weeks and I am working on our selections for fastpasses. I read you could fastpass for parades but I can't figure out how to do it, is it not offered in November? I am looking for the MK Electrical parade. Also, I am looking into the BOG lunch order ahead with magic bands am I missing something there. Thank you all!:worship:

Hi all, We are leaving in less than 3 weeks and I am working on our selections for fastpasses. I read you could fastpass for parades but I can't figure out how to do it, is it not offered in November? I am looking for the MK Electrical parade. Also, I am looking into the BOG lunch order ahead with magic bands am I missing something there. Thank you all!:worship:

I was playing around with the FPs (I have an AP so I can book 60 days out) what I'm finding is I can book parades and Wishes through 10/31. I'm just not sure if this is a 10 days out situation or are they just not releasing November FPs for these yet. I'm thinking the former, 10 days out or less. When they do release them you will need to cancel your whole day of FPs to see them (this happen to us in September) we wanted the Wishes FP and it was well worth it. You get to sit on artificial turf, I brought a fleece blanket for us to sit on (especially for 8 month old granddaughter). Good luck.

Sorry to hijack the thread!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter