Just received weird FP+ email...

ReelRedHead

Mouseketeer
????

There has been an unexpected change in the operating schedule of an attraction or show during your upcoming Walt Disney World® visit. Your FastPass+ selection for Space Mountain from 8:05 PM to 9:00 PM on 03/11/2017 is no longer available.

As a replacement, a new selection was made for Space Mountain from 8:05 PM to 9:05 PM on 03/11/17

It would be much too fun to call and ask if you can get your original FP reservation back.

Just guessing - was the park scheduled to close at 9 originally? Hence your time slot was only 55 minutes long? And extended hours now allows your time slot to go the full hour.
The unusual part would just be the mechanism for how the "update" emails are put together, as if they only have one template and it doesn't exactly fit your situation.

Just guessing - was the park scheduled to close at 9 originally? Hence your time slot was only 55 minutes long? And extended hours now allows your time slot to go the full hour.
The unusual part would just be the mechanism for how the "update" emails are put together, as if they only have one template and it doesn't exactly fit your situation.
Hmmm, excellent observation. I think you may be right!

Yes, same thing happened to me this morning for our March trip. Had FP for 8:10-9:00 PM, they updated it to 8:10-9:10 PM. Hours at MK that night were just extended to 11:00.

Yup, the hours changed. The same thing happened to us with our 7DMT and I panicked opening the email thinking they cancelled it, but they just changed the park hours from 9am-9pm to 9am-12am so our 8:15pm - 9:00pm FP was extended to 8:15pm - 9:15pm!

So you don't have to book FP for the full hour before close? Never knew that. I can book one at 830 if it closes at 9?

the park was to close at 9 and giving you 5 less minutes for your return time now the park is oped past 9 giving you your full hour.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter