Just realized a BAD error in planning! Please help!

kadesha

DIS Veteran
We only have one day planned for DHS during our trip, and that is Memorial Day. But the night before is evening EMH at MK until 3:00 am. This is our favorite time to be at MK, so we will definitely take advantage of these hours!

We have never been on TSM. Considering the fact that we will be at MK until 3 am, I don't think we will be making rope drop at DHS as I had originally planned. DHS has evening EMH on this day though.

So question is, what is the best way to go about riding TSM without arriving for rope drop? Does it slow down at all during evening EMH? Will FP be gone by lunch?

We only have one day planned for DHS during our trip, and that is Memorial Day. But the night before is evening EMH at MK until 3:00 am. This is our favorite time to be at MK, so we will definitely take advantage of these hours!

We have never been on TSM. Considering the fact that we will be at MK until 3 am, I don't think we will be making rope drop at DHS as I had originally planned. DHS has evening EMH on this day though.

So question is, what is the best way to go about riding TSM without arriving for rope drop? Does it slow down at all during evening EMH?

You might get a sub-45-minute wait in the last hour of EMH. Remember it is not unheard of for CMs there to artificially inflate wait times near close to discourage new TSM customers. If the queue doesn't extend outside the building--peek in and see. I'd guess the wait is about 50-60 minutes from the point you enter the building, depending on how they have the queue configured.

I haven't been since the end times on FPs are enforced, but even in the dead of September, the FPs are typically gone by noon. In the same Sept timeframe, the line even during PM EMH was pretty crazy (at least, in relation to mid-late Sept crowds)*

Could you split the day, and do the morning for a couple hours, take a nap, then go back for the evening? That may be the only way to insure that you get TSM FPs. You could try and go during EMH, or see if there are FPs left when you get there, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

*Disclaimer - I consider any lines over 30 minutes as "pretty crazy", so a grain or two of salt should be taken.

So question is, what is the best way to go about riding TSM without arriving for rope drop? Does it slow down at all during evening EMH? Will FP be gone by lunch?

Touring Plans says DHS is going to be SUPER crowded that day. FPs for TSM will probably be gone by 10:30 or so (remember, DHS has been letting guests in prior to the official park opening time, so if you don't get there until 11 or 12, you're 2.5-3 hours behind a big group of people). You have a couple of options to try.

1)There are two Fantasmics that night, see what the TSM standby lines look like during those shows.

or

2)Like Mesa said, your last resort would be to wait things out at the end of the night. The only problem is DHS evening EMH can be very crowded and with just the E-ticket rides to absorb all the guests, the wait times don't drop off much. If the line isn't out the door toward the end of the night, hope for the best and hop in.

Good luck!

If you wait till the last 15 minutes of EMH, even if the line is too long it wont impact your time to ride other things.

Thank you for the suggestions. I will try to wait it out at EMH. But if we don't get to ride, is it possible to add another day to your tickets after you have started using them? If so, I could add on one more day and we could go over on the morning of departure and get a ride in. Thanks again for the advice!

According to the lines app, TSM fastpasses were expected to be gone by 12:30pm today. Close is 10:00pm. Just for comparison.

Thank you for the suggestions. I will try to wait it out at EMH. But if we don't get to ride, is it possible to add another day to your tickets after you have started using them? If so, I could add on one more day and we could go over on the morning of departure and get a ride in. Thanks again for the advice!

Yes, you can add days to your tickets, just make sure you add the day before leaving the park on the last day of your current ticket.

You probably won't have to change anything!
If you go back and look at the park hours the extra magic hours are actually Sunday Morning...from 12 am-3 am....meaning they are an extension of Saturday night. So really the extra magic hours are based off of Saturday Nights Hours....if you look under magic kingdom you will see that it lists the extra magic hours First 12 am-3am....and then the normal park operatings hours....which are 9-midnight on Sunday.
If the extra Magic hours were on "sunday Night" then it would list it as 12-3am on Monday morning. So therefore it will not impact your plans for Monday. I hope this makes sense!

If you go back and look at the park hours the extra magic hours are actually Sunday Morning...from 12 am-3 am....meaning they are an extension of Saturday night. So really the extra magic hours are based off of Saturday Nights Hours....if you look under magic kingdom you will see that it lists the extra magic hours First 12 am-3am....and then the normal park operatings hours....which are 9-midnight on Sunday.
If the extra Magic hours were on "sunday Night" then it would list it as 12-3am on Monday morning. So therefore it will not impact your plans for Monday. I hope this makes sense!

Nope, EMH at MK is definitely Sunday night according to a couple of different calendars.

If you go back and look at the park hours the extra magic hours are actually Sunday Morning...from 12 am-3 am....meaning they are an extension of Saturday night.
If the extra Magic hours were on "sunday Night" then it would list it as 12-3am on Monday morning.

Mk emh is always Sunday night (barring a special event). EMH hours are listed on the day they start (not finish) on the calendar (so they are in Sundays box, they are for Sunday night).

We went on TSM during our last trip. We went near close as the FPs were gone by the time we entered the parks and lines were 60mins + all day. Anyway we went 15 minutes before close and lined up. We were told the line was still an hour long but we jumped in line. The line was out the door and around the corner and it only took 35minutes. I'm not sure if the wait time was inflated or people simply left the line but it was worth the wait. It's not even wasted time if the rest of the park is closed.

You might have some luck with TSM towards the end of EMH at Studios simply because it is a later than usual EMH close. With the park open until 1am I'd look at the last hour to see how the line is looking, and as others have said don't rely on the posted wait time because they are often overstated at the end of the day.

We'll be there that night too and won't be doing rope drop because we'll be at Epcot for a YES class in the morning. We're mainly going for F! and the dance party, but we'll check out the wait times for the headliners after the show because I'd rather not go back to Studios for rope drop the next day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter