Just one day at Disney...is this plan crazy?

Isabel C

Earning My Ears
Hi, we are pondering our options for a short vacation. Just have one day for Disney. We've visited several times. Our children are 18, 12 and 3. Would it be crazy to attempt MK in the morning to cover main rides, then AK for Everest/Dinosaur, HS for RR Coaster/TOT? Thinking about using new Express buses that take you inside the parks. We will be staying off site.

I'm not sure that plan would work for the 3 year old. That's the age where fear and shyness really start to kick in so even if they are tall enough to ride those things, I suspect you might find yourself spending the day just waiting for everyone else to ride and that's not fun for them.

I'd probably look into a divide and conquer plan as the older kids can run off on their own so maybe start and end the day as a family but give them the option to split away for the afternoon if they want to attempt to tackle thrill rides in other parks. I also find older kids when your talking about 1 day at disney generally pick stay with the family and bond with the youngest while there. it would also save a little money as only they would need hoppers and the express pass bus would save a lot of time.

I think you can do it but I would probably reverse the order and get AK and HS out of the way early and then head to Magic Kingdom for the bulk of the day and then finish up at Epcot for Soarin', Spaceship Earth and illuminations. Come to think of it, I HAVE done that!!

that's not a bad idea, end with mk since for someone younger it'll be all down hill after mk.

I have done all four parks in one day with my (now) husband, and got a LOT accomplished. So while it's crazy, it is definitely doable! I started out with AK and did Everest/Dinosaur/Festival of Lion King. Then we went EPCOT and rode Test Track and Soarin (we had FP for these). Next, we went to HS and rode TOT and RR Coaster. We ended the day with MK and rode all that we could, which ended up being more than I expected! This was the first week of March before the spring break crowds though. It is going to be much more difficult with a little one, but still possible!

I did this with my BFF and our kids two years ago. It was a crazy day but we had a blast! Between us we have five children, ages 5-13. We started with rope drop at AK. We took Uber just to be able to start our day a little bit later. We went to epcot then DHS next, finishing up with closing MK. The older four, ages 8-13, were great the whole day. The five year old was a trooper, but pooped out at the end of MK. That was kind of a bummer for my friend because she had to sit with him sleeping the last part of the night, so that's something to consider. Even still we all had fun and don't regret it!
I don't think it would make a great first visit to WDW. But we have all been often and were okay with FPing our favorites and just going on whatever had a short wait, realizing that we would not be able to ride everything we wanted to. And we just had fun being together and experiencing the magic! I hope it works out! Have fun!

btw, can a mod move this to attractions and strategies, they would get many more replies over there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter