Just off 5 day Double Dip (7/10). Any Questions??

Welcome back! Besides the Golden Mickeys, Villians, and Believe, what was the entertainment on the other nights?

Also, can't wait to see your navigators! Thanks so much! :thanks:

Nightly Shows/Entertainment
The Magic of Scott Pepper
The Golden Mickeys
Villains Tonight
Inside Out movie
Disney's Believe

Super random question, but do they have prime rib on any of the menu? I know really odd question to ask but it's mine and my boyfriend's favorite. We are sailing next week for the first time!

Yes, we had prime rib on 2nd or 3rd night. It was very good. Food and service seemed much improved :)

This looks like it was going to be one of the last double dips for a long while! I know you have cruised a lot, how does this fit into the ranking in terms of itinerary and length of cruise compared to some of your others. I would have loved to do a 5 day, enough time, double dips, it seems to have it all.

Definitely one of our favorites. A few years ago, we sailed on a couple of 7 day double dips that are obviously our favorite itinerary. Hated to pay so much for 1 5 day cruise, but we really enjoy the 2 stops at CC

I was bummed to see that there isn't a 2016 double dip, but I was hoping for one in 2017. Do people really think it won't be offered again for a long time? That totally bums me out if that's the case. We did the June 26 DD, and thought it was the perfect itinerary and the perfect length of time. We're booked for June 2016 4 night Dream to the Bahamas but really feel like we're going to miss that 2nd day at CC.

That is one of the reasons we are looking at a DD on The Magic at the end of October :)

How busy was Castaway Cay on the second stop?

On the first day at CC, skies were overcast from 12:30 - 1:30 and ran off most of the folks on the beach. From 3:00 - 4:20 PM, we had the entire beach to ourselves at Serenity Bay :beach:

2nd stop at CC was much more crowded that the first stop. Almost twice as many on Serenity Beach. Maybe some folks spent the first day on the Family beach and decided to hit the adult beach on day 2.

I find that intriguing as we booked our upcoming cruise specifically for the double dip at CC. I don't mind if more people stay on board, I plan to enjoy every minute of both days at Castaway Cay!:sunny:

We feel the same way! We were the last ones on the adult beach each day :)

This is a strange question, but are newer released movies on the on-demand system in the stateroom? I specially want to see Tomorrowland and Ant Man, but the movie schedules I've seen for the DD cruises aren't that compatible with shore time. Inside out all day on the sea day?? That's a little much.

No, new/recent releases are only available in the theaters. We ended up catching 'Inside Out 3D' at 11:00 PM on the last night.

This is a strange question, but are newer released movies on the on-demand system in the stateroom? I specially want to see Tomorrowland and Ant Man, but the movie schedules I've seen for the DD cruises aren't that compatible with shore time. Inside out all day on the sea day?? That's a little much.

It's pretty disappointing they have Inside Out as a nighttime WDT show and then all day on the only sea day.

It's pretty disappointing they have Inside Out as a nighttime WDT show and then all day on the only sea day.
DH and I felt the same way! We had very much been looking forward to enjoying the movie theatre this time only to be shocked that they would play one movie five times on the AT SEA day! Who planned that??

We were on the June 26th DD and 2nd castaway day was significantly less crowded. Even though the weather was perfect a lot of people chose to stay on the boat. It was a great day for us, hardly any wait to use the pelican plunge and no lines at lunch.
We were on the June 26 cruise too. Great time!

Friday, Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday were 'Cruise Casual'. And based on what I observed, that covers everything all the way down to swim suit cover-ups, tank tops, gym shorts and cut off t-shirts.

Saturday was 'Optional Dress Up', but didn't really see many folks dressed up.

Thank you!!! So happy that dress up day is optional! We have a remy reservation, so I will need to pack at least one dress up attire. Did you do remy? It's super fancy, right?

Day 1 Navigator

Woo hoo!! Thank you! :flower:

Thank you!!! So happy that dress up day is optional! We have a remy reservation, so I will need to pack at least one dress up attire. Did you do remy? It's super fancy, right?

Woo hoo!! Thank you! :flower:

Did not do Remy. We did Palo Dinner and Brunch

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter