Just Keep Swimming - March 31-April 7, 2013 - Closing Thoughts (Updated 5/17)

I want a red three wheeler thingy! :goodvibes

Mmmmm OMYummy...Disney bacon is so good. I love me some Disney bacon.

Meg and Melissa did an awesome job on the bracelet. :goodvibes

You have so many wonderful updates.... I'm surely not going to remember all the comments I wanted to make but here goes.

Love AKL! I can't wait to go back. I'm happy to see that The Mara had Mickey waffles! :lovestruc

Slushies, Dismeets, and ice-cream - sounds like a great day! That's so nice that you have someone who can relate to your ankle injury/recovery issues.

What a beautiful and creative bracelet. That was very thougtful.

Oh wow!! That bracelet is awesome! I will definitely check out their etsy shop :thumbsup2

Love all the early morning AK pics. Lovely!

I want a red three wheeler thingy! :goodvibes

I know. That thing is cool.

Mmmmm OMYummy...Disney bacon is so good. I love me some Disney bacon.

I'm real picky about my bacon. It has to be just perfect for me to eat it.

Meg and Melissa did an awesome job on the bracelet. :goodvibes

Isn't it so cute? I love it !!

You have so many wonderful updates.... I'm surely not going to remember all the comments I wanted to make but here goes.

Love AKL! I can't wait to go back. I'm happy to see that The Mara had Mickey waffles! :lovestruc

I think Mickey waffles should be a requirement for breakfast in all Disney restaurants.

Slushies, Dismeets, and ice-cream - sounds like a great day! That's so nice that you have someone who can relate to your ankle injury/recovery issues.

It is nice to have someone that understands. Because no one really does until they have been through it themselves

What a beautiful and creative bracelet. That was very thougtful.

I just love it and I was so happy to receive it.

What a cool bracelet!! I swear, Disney fans are so clever when it comes to arts and crafts!! :thumbsup2

They really are. You should see some the Fish Extender things they come up with for the cruises.

Oh wow!! That bracelet is awesome! I will definitely check out their etsy shop :thumbsup2

I need to go check it out myself.

Love all the early morning AK pics. Lovely!

I just love the themeing there !!

Day 7 Part Two

When I last left you, we had just boarded the safari. Get your scrolling finger ready.

It was kinda chilly on this morning and I rather liked it.

The giraffes are my favorite

After that, we headed over to Expedition Everest.

DH had gotten us four FPs, so DS and I rode Everest twice in a row.

Nice lion pictures. Even though he's sitting there doing nothing (big surprise) it was at least a good angle to get a decent look at him. :rotfl2:

It always makes it nice when you can ride Everest twice! :thumbsup2

Nice lion pictures. Even though he's sitting there doing nothing (big surprise) it was at least a good angle to get a decent look at him. :rotfl2:

It always makes it nice when you can ride Everest twice! :thumbsup2

I think those were the best lion photos we ever got. I've heard people say they have seen them playing or fighting or that they heard them roar, etc. We've only seen them being lazy kitties. This is the most "perky" we have seen them.

I love Everest !! It is my favorite WDW coaster !!

OK I'm all caught up again. Been in a very lousy mood the past couple of days that even Disney couldn't help.

I may be staying at AKL next May. A friend and I are planning a trip and that is her choice. Now to hope we can rent points. It looks like an amazing resort to stay at.

I missed AK this trip. I love that park but had to make a choice and it had to make the cut. I'll make up for it in December. I hate that on the safari you have to go to the handicap entrance when using a scooter. In October people were walking on at the standby and we had to wait for 3 cars to make it around.

EE is a great coaster but I don't think I'll be going on it again. My back has a hard time dealing with it and the ankle has thrown my gait off so bad that my back has been in constant spasm. DH has said no way. I'll just go on the safari instead.

Loving your report so far! Those Safari pictures are amazing. :)

Thanks Cara !! I know you are getting REALLY excited. Your trip is so close now !!

OK I'm all caught up again. Been in a very lousy mood the past couple of days that even Disney couldn't help.

We've all been sick so yeah, I know what you mean.

I may be staying at AKL next May. A friend and I are planning a trip and that is her choice. Now to hope we can rent points. It looks like an amazing resort to stay at.

I liked our Kidani room better, but the Jambo location is ideal if you don't have a car.

I missed AK this trip. I love that park but had to make a choice and it had to make the cut. I'll make up for it in December. I hate that on the safari you have to go to the handicap entrance when using a scooter. In October people were walking on at the standby and we had to wait for 3 cars to make it around.

The handicap line there takes forever. I should have just left my scooter near the exit of the ride, but that queue is so long to walk through and by that point in the trip, my ankle was really hurting.

EE is a great coaster but I don't think I'll be going on it again. My back has a hard time dealing with it and the ankle has thrown my gait off so bad that my back has been in constant spasm. DH has said no way. I'll just go on the safari instead.

I think EE is the smoothest coaster on Disney property, but I know what you mean about the back pain. The constant limping can get that back spasm thing going. As if the ankle injury isn't enough of a problem. Having the extra back pain doesn't help. Not at all.

I'm playing catch up again (I told the kids they had to cancel the wedding because they were causing havoc with my DIS time!).

Let me see what I can remember.

:cool1::cool1::cool1: for a DIS meet.

Mark had the chocolate ice cream at that spot in France and has declared it his favorite and now wants it every trip.

I'm not a margarita fan, but that Fiesta one looks rather appealing to me.

I enjoyed the photos of the pool at Jambo House (we never saw it because we stayed in Kidani).

Fun start to your morning at AK. You got some great safari pictures. I would have been sitting with your DD and DH during yoru Expedition adventures.

I'm playing catch up again (I told the kids they had to cancel the wedding because they were causing havoc with my DIS time!).

Haha !! I know you can't wait for that wedding. How exciting !! They have their whole life ahead of them.

Let me see what I can remember.

:cool1::cool1::cool1: for a DIS meet.

Always a good thing.

Mark had the chocolate ice cream at that spot in France and has declared it his favorite and now wants it every trip.

OMG !!! It is sooooo good !!!

I'm not a margarita fan, but that Fiesta one looks rather appealing to me.

I love me a frozen margarita. But the pink slushie from the France booth won the day.

I enjoyed the photos of the pool at Jambo House (we never saw it because we stayed in Kidani).

I liked the Kidani pool, too. I think it wa better themed, but maybe had less space. Probably due to the splash area. Which is really cool.

Fun start to your morning at AK. You got some great safari pictures. I would have been sitting with your DD and DH during yoru Expedition adventures.

I love EE. LOVE !!! DH and DD are not thrill ride fans, so I ride with DS most of the time. If not, he has no problem riding alone.

Day 6  Part Four

How Wagnerian!! She needs to learn a few choice phrases from an aria in Die Walkure (never mind that it is in German and actually about German gods. Wagner costumed it with those helmets and that's all that counts!) and bust it out in the store next time y'all are there.

One of few memories of my actual first trip to WDW (w/ band) is of buying a big ol' sombrero from the Mexico pavilion. I'm sure the band director appreciated me having to lug that thing around on the bus. LOL!

More catching up to do!

What cutie cute bracelet!! Such a nice surprise. Yay, you got to the safari this trip. As I recall that one has been off the list for the last couple due to the bounce factor. I was nice of the lions to lift their heads for you, and for the cheetah to come out of the shadows! I've gotten one really good picture of a lioness perched on one of the rocks staring at the safari truck. That was pretty cool. The lions tend to be a little more active in the late afternoon from what guides have told me. They know they are about to go in for the evening so they are stirring about.

What cutie cute bracelet!! Such a nice surprise. Yay, you got to the safari this trip. As I recall that one has been off the list for the last couple due to the bounce factor. I was nice of the lions to lift their heads for you, and for the cheetah to come out of the shadows! I've gotten one really good picture of a lioness perched on one of the rocks staring at the safari truck. That was pretty cool. The lions tend to be a little more active in the late afternoon from what guides have told me. They know they are about to go in for the evening so they are stirring about.

Yes, there was a while there that riding pretty much anything hurt because of the fact it was jerky or bouncy. Not something you notice until you have a painful injury like that. I am pleased to say it doesn't hurt that bad any more but still .... it is taking FOREVER to heal. The doctor said a year and it has been nine months.

I think I remember seeing that lioness photo .... maybe.

Yes, most of the stories I heard of them roaring and stuff are from rides taken later in the day. But since we almost always do AK in the morning and leave around lunch, we miss that, I guess.

I'm all caught up again, great stuff! Love the hat photos of your kids.

I think I might have that pale pink hoodie you've got on in the safari photo of you and your DD, lol. Mine is from Disneyland though, and I've had it for several years now.

I'm all caught up again, great stuff! Love the hat photos of your kids.

I think I might have that pale pink hoodie you've got on in the safari photo of you and your DD, lol. Mine is from Disneyland though, and I've had it for several years now.

Thanks !!

Mine has Minnie on it. I think I bought it at the Polynesian last year. I wanna got to Disneyland so bad !!!

Great safari pics! Looks like you guys had some good luck with the animals. Riding EE twice in a row too, more good times!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter