Just got my paperwork!

mrsap

DIS Veteran
Hey guys! We just received our paperwork to sign!! We also received a beautiful Mickey DVC travel bag! ::MickeyMo My kids were fighting over who gets it! LOL I still can't believe we're doing this! I received a call today to ask if we had any questions regarding any of the documents. I was told this is the final step and then we'll be 'official!' I can't believe how simple the process is! Thanks again for everyone's help! I'm very excited to be a DVC Member!!! :cloud9:

Last edited:
Congrats. Lucky you. Good luck and enjoy. Wish we've could have done it, but DW said no!!!

Awww thanks so much guys!! Yes, we bought direct! Really wanted CCV since we love the Wilderness Lodge!!

I feel like I have to come here to share excitement- when I talk to my 'non-Disney' family/friends, they just don't understand. Disney is such a big part of our 'happy!!' Only a select few get that!!! LOL

Danjoan- Im so sorry it didn't work out but I'd keep working on her! Show all the benefits and perks to joining and bring it up again every so often!!! She'll cave eventually!!!

So happy for you and I can not wait to see CCV. The cabins are my dream but goodness that point amount

When is your first trip??

So happy for you and I can not wait to see CCV. The cabins are my dream but goodness that point amount

When is your first trip??

Thank you!!!!! They look gorgeous!!!! Definitely not a priority for us, would rather more trips, but they are beautiful!!!

Well, since we just bought it on August 31, there was literally zero inventory. Since we already have a trip planned for this November, and the first few days we were staying off property, we figured we would use our new points to stay on property now for those first few days instead! So the only thing they could find for us was OKW. Will only be there for three days in a 2 br. (We have two friends traveling with us!) then onto our YC reservation after that! It's my 40th birthday trip (and the DVC was my early birthday gift!) :cake::earsgirl::love:

Thank you!!!!! They look gorgeous!!!! Definitely not a priority for us, would rather more trips, but they are beautiful!!!

Well, since we just bought it on August 31, there was literally zero inventory. Since we already have a trip planned for this November, and the first few days we were staying off property, we figured we would use our new points to stay on property now for those first few days instead! So the only thing they could find for us was OKW. Will only be there for three days in a 2 br. (We have two friends traveling with us!) then onto our YC reservation after that! It's my 40th birthday trip (and the DVC was my early birthday gift!) :cake::earsgirl::love:

Congratulations!

Congrats. Lucky you. Good luck and enjoy. Wish we've could have done it, but DW said no!!!

Keep working on it. I was the naysayer in my family since we did the original DVC tour last year. Thought with all the discounts that we typically book with for the end of August, what would be the point. Realized after this past year that my line of thinking was flawed and that Disney prices would always go up so I changed from being the naysayer to becoming the driving force behind joining DVC. Took my family completely by surprise but we now own at Poly via direct and are waiting on our AK resale to close.

Be warned, once you decide to jump in, it can become addicting. I admittedly rushed the process when it came to resale and while I do like AK, I would have been better served waiting for the right BWV or BCV contract. I was scared of the 2042 expiry date but now realize I would rather have the 11 month booking window there, expiry date be damned. Oh well, I will just have to add another contract down the road when funds allow:)

Danjoan- Im so sorry it didn't work out but I'd keep working on her! Show all the benefits and perks to joining and bring it up again every so often!!! She'll cave eventually!!!

Keep working on it. I was the naysayer in my family since we did the original DVC tour last year. Thought with all the discounts that we typically book with for the end of August, what would be the point. Realized after this past year that my line of thinking was flawed and that Disney prices would always go up so I changed from being the naysayer to becoming the driving force behind joining DVC. Took my family completely by surprise but we now own at Poly via direct and are waiting on our AK resale to close.

Can DS and I move in? LOL!!! :genie:

DS and I has a Father/Son weekend booked in November that DW said we need to cancel. We went for a weekend last December, just the two of us, and had a great time. We both wanted to go back again this year. After two big vacations this summer, DW doesn't want us to go. I'm not asking for any funds, but don't understand why she's so against us going again this year. DS has two more years in HS, then off to college. It's a special bond time that we have when we travel together. I still haven't cancelled the trip yet. Going to try to give it another shot and talk to DW about it again. Not looking forward to the answer I know is coming...

Last edited:
Can DS and I move in? LOL!!! :genie:

DS and I has a Father/Son weekend booked in November that DW said we need to cancel. We went for a weekend last December, just the two of us, and had a great time. We both wanted to go back again this year. After two big vacations this summer, DW doesn't want us to go. I'm not asking for any funds, but don't understand why she's so against us going again this year. DS has two more years in HS, then off to college. It's a special bond time that we have when we travel together. I still haven't cancelled the trip yet. Going to try to give it another shot and talk to DW about it again. Not looking forward to the answer I know is coming...

Ohhh sorry to hear that! It would be great for you guys to go together. Is she upset because she feels left out?

Ohhh sorry to hear that! It would be great for you guys to go together. Is she upset because she feels left out?

No. I offered for her to come with us, but she needs some time away from Disney. She keeps using the money issue, but I'm paying for the entire trip out of my pocket. So really don't know the real reason.

No. I offered for her to come with us, but she needs some time away from Disney. She keeps using the money issue, but I'm paying for the entire trip out of my pocket. So really don't know the real reason.

Just a thought...maybe she wants to take a family trip somewhere else instead since she's tired of Disney? So basically what mrsap said, she feels left out...

Well, whatever it is. I hope it works out in the end for everyone!

Hey guys! We just received our paperwork to sign!! We also received a beautiful Mickey DVC travel bag! ::MickeyMo My kids were fighting over who gets it! LOL I still can't believe we're doing this! I received a call today to ask if we had any questions regarding any of the documents. I was told this is the final step and then we'll be 'official!' I can't believe how simple the process is! Thanks again for everyone's help! I'm very excited to be a DVC Member!!! :cloud9:

Congrats!! Glad you were able to book a DVC room for your upcoming trip! It must be all so exciting :dogdance:

DH and I are planning to buy direct at CCV in a couple of weeks as well! We were originally going to buy 150 points, but then I noticed the 15 extra vacation point bonus if buying 190 points so we might end up with a total of 205 points! For some reason, 205 points just sounds like a lot so I'm still debating...

Congrats!! Glad you were able to book a DVC room for your upcoming trip! It must be all so exciting :dogdance:

DH and I are planning to buy direct at CCV in a couple of weeks as well! We were originally going to buy 150 points, but then I noticed the 15 extra vacation point bonus if buying 190 points so we might end up with a total of 205 points! For some reason, 205 points just sounds like a lot so I'm still debating...

Congrats!!! It is exciting! You'll see!! Make sure you look at the points chart and see what works best for you guys. (where you'd like to stay, what room category, etc). Either way, you'll have enough to book a great trip!!! I created a CCV owners page if you'd like to join!

https://www.disboards.com/threads/•the-official-ccv-owners-lovers-group•.3631019/

Good luck with everything !!!

Last edited:

Unfortunately, not all people are 'Disney People'. I could go every day of the week, and there are family and friends of mine that don't understand why we like it so much. Like Anita said, maybe she would be happy to go somewhere else. Maybe offer a split stay trip? Let her pick a few days and then you do the rest? Or let her pick the hotel and tell her to enjoy the spa and pool? Just some ideas. Hope it works out!!!!

How long did it take to get your contract? I did the buy over the phone last Monday and was told I would have my contract by Friday. It's not arrived so I'm thinking the hurricane might of delayed it but I have my member number and I received my email to log into DVC but I can't do that until I get the contract.

Congrats.

How long did it take to get your contract? I did the buy over the phone last Monday and was told I would have my contract by Friday. It's not arrived so I'm thinking the hurricane might of delayed it but I have my member number and I received my email to log into DVC but I can't do that until I get the contract.

Congrats.

Congrats!! So exciting!! We agreed to everything, and paid on August 31st. Received paperwork on September 6! You'll get a beautiful Mickey DVC bag too! I would assume the hurricane had something to do with it! Where did you buy?!

Congrats!! So exciting!! We agreed to everything, and paid on August 31st. Received paperwork on September 6! You'll get a beautiful Mickey DVC bag too! I would assume the hurricane had something to do with it! Where did you buy?!

I bought into the Polynesian. Its by far my favorite resort. I was just at Wilderness 2 weeks ago and saw the cabins. They are so nice.

I bought into the Polynesian. Its by far my favorite resort. I was just at Wilderness 2 weeks ago and saw the cabins. They are so nice.

We were between Poly and CCV. We've stayed 3 times at WL and we loved it, so it was not really a hard decision for us. We looked at it that we can stay at Poly too, it's not that you are stuck only booking at your home resort! Good luck! Hope you get them soon!! Its a lot of paperwork! The areas where you sign are adorable!!!!

Unfortunately, not all people are 'Disney People'. I could go every day of the week, and there are family and friends of mine that don't understand why we like it so much. Like Anita said, maybe she would be happy to go somewhere else. Maybe offer a split stay trip? Let her pick a few days and then you do the rest? Or let her pick the hotel and tell her to enjoy the spa and pool? Just some ideas. Hope it works out!!!!

DS and I are like you where we could go every day of the week. Come to find out that DW is really scared that she wouldn't know what to do if something had happened to us. She lost both her parents many years ago when they were involved in a tragic accident. It still bothers her to this day. Something she rarely talks about. She said the next time we go, she wants to go with us. We do have a tentative family reunion for the fall of 2108, and a big graduation trip with friends for the summer of 2019.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter