• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just got back from an amazing vacation at AKL

myheartisinFlorida

Mouseketeer
Had an amazing time at AKL - can't recommend this place enough!!! We had a savanna view and saw so many Giraffes, Zebras and wildebeests. The staff was amazing, the room was amazing and even the bus wait times were amazing. Wasn't sure if I wanted to chance it with the Disney bus but we did - both to EPCOT and AK with no issues whatsoever. Got back and decided that I couldn't take it anymore so I went ahead and booked next years vacation at the Contemporary because we have never stayed there before. 350 days to go......
Capture.JPG Capture.2JPG.JPG

Just got back from a 10 day stay there and the downside to it is the girls have told me they don't think they can ever go back to moderates. I have been told its my fault that I have turned them into deluxe girls.

That's the one thing holding me back from making the upgrade....we can swing standard at AKL because the next trip is so far away but I'm worried we'll never be able to go back to a moderate....

That's the one thing holding me back from making the upgrade....we can swing standard at AKL because the next trip is so far away but I'm worried we'll never be able to go back to a moderate....
I did book standard room (everything else is to expensive) but they put me in room 4343 over a people pen and that place spoiled them. I was planning on Swan/Dolphin next trip as my protest against the parking fees but my afraid of flying girls have suggested flying next time and lord help me their choice of deluxe is the Poly. Taking them twice each trip to eat at Ohana is coming back to bite me.

Just got back from a 10 day stay there and the downside to it is the girls have told me they don't think they can ever go back to moderates. I have been told its my fault that I have turned them into deluxe girls.

I love it, your girls have good taste!!!!

We now usually stay either on our DVC points or at a deluxe resort, but there were a few years there that we stayed at AKV on points for our longer trip and then a moderate for our shorter trip and we looked forward to both, so all hope is not lost on going back to a moderate. It is just difficult now, and hasn't been a consideration recently with my favorite moderate CSR under so much construction and refurbs, and my husband's favorite POR not being that much of a savings over an AP discounted deluxe room for the times we have looked.

I did book standard room (everything else is to expensive) but they put me in room 4343 over a people pen and that place spoiled them. I was planning on Swan/Dolphin next trip as my protest against the parking fees but my afraid of flying girls have suggested flying next time and lord help me their choice of deluxe is the Poly. Taking them twice each trip to eat at Ohana is coming back to bite me.
This deluxe thing is probably going to force me into DVC. They are already looking at DVC. Point of order never start fatherhood at 40. You tend to make more money and aren't as good as saying no.

We did AKL, then Pop... probably back to a moderate next time - so hard to justify the extra cost. But oh, those animals and the art and the music and the zebra domes... sigh!

Can't say I disagree with their taste!

That's a hotel that's on the "we're done with student loans and daycare expenses" list...or when I win the lottery

Can't say I disagree with their taste!

That's a hotel that's on the "we're done with student loans and daycare expenses" list...or when I win the lottery
Sadly they will probably get their wish because after the Marines I went to work for the federal government in IT and in 2021 I will hit 43 years federal service and max out the pension and I will only be 60 then so the expense although out of this world high will be my retirement vacation as well (they are trying to get me to buy DVC then and I am afraid if I don't move down there I will get them their DVC as well)

AKL is fantastic. The way we save on deluxes is shorter vacations at deluxes instead of longer ones at a moderate. 4 nights at $400 at AKL ($1600) is a much more enjoyable vacay for us than 7 nights at $250 ($1750) at a mod.

We feel exactly the same 3-5 night stay at a Deluxe resort is the way to go.

i made the mistake of doing one of the epcot resorts. i dont think its the deluxe i cant go back from so much as the location now. i really dont think i can go back lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter