Just got back. Big thumbs down for New Fantasyland. :(

I should add we would never wait in a long line for dumbo or barnstormer though.. we usually head back there a little while after rope drop.. its still a 5 minute wait which is basically a walk on ride and we do it several times in a row.. makes the 40 second ride more enjoyable for the older kids..

Not once did I ever think they would build adult style rides inside of Fantasyland. All you had to do was look at all the other rides inside FL to realize this area is not directed at adults.

You speak the truth. Big snore fest. My boys love Le Frou's Brew (I think that is the name??)...that is about it!

I think there should be some attractions in MK's FL that older folks can enjoy. It shouldn't exclusively be for pre-schoolers. I love the Disney classics. Even DL's FL has the Matterhorn Bobsleds. And 5 (count 'em) dark rides for kids of all ages.

New Fantasyland definitely was geared toward younger kids. It always amazes me when people thought it would be different, like 7DMT would be some sort of huge coaster. That was not it's purpose, nor was it ever going to be. Barnstormer has also been there a while anyway (is that even part of NFL?). Just because it might not appeal to certain families with older kids, doesn't make it a waste, because there are always groups who will enjoy it.

Now, it could certainly be argued that maybe Disney needs to focus on other areas more since Fantasyland already covered the yonger demo, and MK in general. In fact, I would say that MK is the park that needs the least attention, but it still gets the most. They intensively invest in MK and it stays number one, so that is what it is.

I think there should be some attractions in MK's FL that older folks can enjoy. It shouldn't exclusively be for pre-schoolers. I love the Disney classics. Even DL's FL has the Matterhorn Bobsleds. And 5 (count 'em) dark rides for kids of all ages.

Most would argue Little Mermaid qualifies as such.

I think it's pretty cool. C'mon, when was the last time *any* theme park invested in the little kid demographic? (OK, maybe LegoLand.)

Everybody is chasing the teen/adult segment with inverted/4D/scare-the-pants-offa-ya stuff. Now, Disney no doubt needs to invest there too, but as an upgrade to ToonTown I think its a good long term move.

On the business side, as a dad to two once-little girls, I can assure you, 6 yo girls drive a LOT of revenue and will pay dividends for YEARS.

And it's Fantasyland, people!!! When has there EVER been a thrilling headliner there? Fantasyland has the simplest, shortest rides around. But we all go, right? For nostalgia, for relaxation, or heck, 'cause we've got little kids (or grandkids) with us. Nothing wrong with that.

Enjoy it! If its not for you, move along and be thankful its pulling people out of the lines you want to be in.

Umm...It's Fantasyland. It's always been geared toward younger children that can also be enjoyed by adults. Not sure what you were expecting with 7DMT...Expedition Everest part two?:confused3
I do miss the dark rides of Snow White and Mr.Toad's wild ride, but my children love VOTLM and ETWB along with IASW and PPF. My little one could ride the carousel over and over again. Mickey's Philharmagic is always a must for us.

I think it's pretty cool. C'mon, when was the last time *any* theme park invested in the little kid demographic? (OK, maybe LegoLand.)

Are you being serious? Have you ever been to Disney World? THE WHOLE THING is nearly geared towards kids.

The Matterhorn is definitely a thrill ride so there's no reason why a thrill ride couldn't find its way into the MK's Fantasyland.

(Plus Storybook and Casey Jr and....)
I just went to DL, and it's laughable how few attractions there were in the old WDW FL...basically WDW just spent $1B to bring WDW FL up to par.

Are you being serious? Have you ever been to Disney World? THE WHOLE THING is nearly geared towards kids.

Well, as serious as I take any discussions on a message board. (Which is WAY less serious than a lot of folks seem too.)

I said "when was the last time a them park invested ...", I think, for DisneyWorld the last time for big bucks was, you know, the '70's or so. Maybe CarLand at Disneyland counts - haven't been there. Universal built Suess Landing in - what, 98?

My point was that most new investment in the last 20 years is chasing something else - The Big Thrill. And a little balance is a good thing. Looking at the attendance and revenue it seems to working for them.

Well as someone speaking with a DS3, there has to be something to do at Disney for the little ones! They can't all be Large/Headliner rides....with height restrictions too tall for the small kids. And he loves the rides that we (adults) might think to be boring. And while some rides may not be my favorite, watching the smile on his face is all I need to make a ride a good one!

:thumbsup2.

I don't think NFL is spectacular, however I do still enjoy it. The Little Mermaid ride is cute but I feel like it's the same as Nemo ride. Would have been better if the ride was different but I still like to ride it. Barnstormer, Dumbo & the circus theming are cute, no "wow" factor.

In all honesty, I really enjoy NFL. Little Mermaid, Dumbo and Barnstormer are great rides. My gf and I go on the Barnstormer everytime for a few laughs, its fun. 7DMT, is another story. It is not a horrible ride, but it left much to be desired. So there is my opinion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter