Just for fun - best and worst meal you had at WDW

Best: A tie between The BOATHOUSE and The Wave, we ate at BOATHOUSE twice last trip because it was so good, and the Wave is now an every trip meal.

Worst: Mama Melrose's.... yuck, the food was just nasty! It also took an hour and a half just to eat lunch, I was ready to get out of there!

i have several bests. Boma buffet dinner. We have been there many times and it's always good. Trails End buffet breakfast - Yum! And the fried chicken at 50's Prime Time. For worst, Crystal Palace buffet dinner. It wasn't terrible, i just found the selection underwhelming and bland. But the character interaction was fabulous. We had my little cousin's birthday there and the staff were wonderful.

Our best was at Portofino's years and years ago. I had the best salad and a Parmesan crusted steak that was amazing.

Our worst was Captain's Grill about 2-3 years ago. Again I had the steak and it was the worst piece of meat I was ever served in a restaurant, not just Disney.

Another BOG breakfast for worst and we were at Food and Wine, so that would be our best!

Oh fun! Love to see what everyone likes and dislikes about different restaurants. So last year here was my best and worst. I have food allergies (dairy, gluten and food dye) so my responses are of course based only on the things I was able to eat.

Best - Trail Ends, the chef here was amazing at making me dishes from the back even though this is a buffet. There were only a couple of things on the buffet that were safe, but the chef checked back with me several times, brought safe dishes from the back for me, made a really pretty dessert that I could have, etc. I didn't catch the chefs name but this was in September of 2015, whomever was the chef during that time, he was the best on property for food allergies that I've ever experienced at Disney World. So that was my best meal of the trip.

Also I have to mention Chef Mickeys too, because the chef there was great and did bring a lot of dishes from the back to make sure I had plenty of options! Also Raglan Road was great with my allergies, lots of options there so I have to mention them!

Worst - Biergarten by a far. Allergies or not, the food was awful, no one in my party enjoyed it and it's not somewhere we will try again. The consistency and texture of the food was just off to me, everything was mushy and bland, I thought maybe it was because of my choices compared to everyone else's but since no one in our party of 6 enjoyed it I know it's one we can mark as tried it and didn't care for it. Also here, the chef wasn't interested in helping for my allergy I was merely showed what I could eat on the buffet and not offered anything else.

Best: Tutto Italia. Food was to die for--one of the few places at Disney that's not just good for being Disney food but legitimately good food. Boma and Tokyo Dining fit into that category for us, too.

Worst: 50s Prime Time and Tony's. The only thing that keeps us going back to Tony's is the overall lack of relatively inexpensive food at MK and the service has typically been good.

Interesting seeing all the Hollywood and Vines. When we first went, I liked the food for the most part (not the best, but not terrible), but it felt like complete chaos (not really seeing any characters and the longest lines I have ever seen at a buffet), and was horribly overpriced. Our last trip, we were all hungry and right by there, and figured why not check it out (no ADR) as everything else seemed to have long lines. Place was EMPTY. I mean, maybe 10 tables. So no lines for food, a little more time with characters, no chaos, still overpriced. But, I find myself wondering if with most of the characters now meeting in the park, people aren't justifying the chaos and crazy price anymore. Wonder if we may see a drop in prices/up in quality in the near future (or maybe I'm just dreaming).

What was the best and the worst meal you had on your last WDW vacation? It could be onsite, offsite, QS, TS, Signature but one overall best and worst for your trip

Just our last trip?
We ate Via Napoli (late lunch), Liberty Tree Tavern lunch, Ohana, Chefs de France lunch, Narcoosee dinner, Crystal Palace breakfast
Hearty snacks: Trader Sam's and Captain Cooks

Best: Chefs de France lunch. The Chef cocktail was nice, seated promptly, server was friendly, he paced the meal, the soup and my burger were very good. With Tables in Wonderland, it was decently priced for Disney

Worst: Liberty Tree Tavern lunch-it wasn't bad but we got terrible seats (the restaurant looked cool inside but we were by the kitchen doors), the dressing on the colony salad that everyone raves about was either too sweet or acidic, my salmon was cooked appropriately, the dessert was really good, but I don't get the obsession, it's just basically a partially baked cookie with ice cream on it
We will return because I did like the colonial atmosphere and the food was fine

Best - California Grill dinner

Worst - Alfredo's dinner - OK, this wasn't on our last trip ---- it was many years ago before Alfredo's closed and Tutto Italia opened. DH & I still talk to this day had horrible the food was. We had eaten there many times and it was always good but that last time was terrible. Undercooked pasta, cold, bland food......I see why they closed.

And just an honorable mention --- I love the adult grilled cheese from Captain Cook's at the Poly!

Best meal was at Artist Point. We just loved the atmosphere and the bison steak was done perfectly. I would also say that a close second was the Boathouse. I have a strange allergy (fresh dill) and they made a fresh sauce for the fish that I ordered. Shrimp cocktail was fresh and delicious.

Absolute worst meal for food quality, service, and overall experience: Chefs de France. The quiche served was the same one in the quick service location, and it was cold. I sent it back and all they did was put it in the microwave. Result, unevenly heated mush. YUCK! We were a party of 7 and each person was disappointed. The server was rude and we waited over an hour for our lunch. It was not even busy, in fact, the restaurant was virtually empty because we were there so long that the lunch crowd was over and the dinner crowd didn't start.

Best: Wanyama Safari... Followed by Chef's Wine Tasting Dinner @ FF and a night grazing around F&W (Shula's and bluezoo are also right there as well).

Worst: 'Ohana. Really the only restaurant we don't ever plan on returning to.

Best: Boma's dinner buffet. We do this at least once a trip. The quality and quantity for the price is fantastic. Blue Zoo is a close second. I love everything I've had here. The sword fish and their clams are two of my favorites.

Worst: I know I am going to get some heat from this, but Via Napoli. Our pizza came out slimy and cold. Worst pizza I ever had.

We ate at Victoria and Albert's a couple years ago and it was one of the best experiences and meals we have ever eaten. It's in a class on its own, so I rated accordingly.

Ohana has always been. My best. My worst would have to be either Hollywood and vine because everything I tried was either cold or gross. Or San Angel because I honestly would have preferred Taco Bell too what I received there.

BEST - a tie between Cali Grill the scallops (this was before the menu change, so it is not the same dish they serve now) and Boatwrights prime rib. both were memorable and I had both of them years ago.

WORST - hands down it was at Cinderella's Royal Table - again, years ago, this item is no longer on their menu. it was some seafood dish that had swiss chard as an accompaniment. it was hideous. same meal, was the worst service I have ever had a Disney sit down meal. unless someday many many moons from now I have a granddaughter who simply MUST eat in the castle, I'll pass on this dining experience.

Best: Narccoossee's and Boma. Service at both was wonderful and great food. Of course Narccoossee's was a step up from Boma as one would expect from a signature.
Worst: Jiko and 'Ohana(dinner). Bad service at both, horrible food, and an overall horrible experience. For multiple reasons on both locations they are on my do not return list for quite some time.

There are a few we had some not so great recent experiences, but not overall worst. BOG was mediocre(dinner), and LTT was great for some of us but the one burger ordered was overcooked and although they tried to rectify it took 3 tries to get it right. The staff was awesome about it though.

Our last trip was in October 2015 and were on the dining plan. Best was probably Narcoossee's, 3 out of 4 of us ordered the surf and turf (no longer available on the DP unless you pay extra) and really enjoyed it. I also really enjoyed Via Napoli - we sat on the patio as the sun was going down and the weather and experience was great (daughter didn't like her pizza though, said it tasted burned). I will note that we asked to be moved outside at Via Napoli because inside was super loud. Worst of that trip was probably Chefs de France, which we really enjoyed the trip before when we went for lunch. This time went for dinner and the food was decent but it was packed and WAY too loud. Also have to say that the lunch at Be Our Guest was surprisingly good. All the other meals we had -- Teppan Edo, Boma, Raglan Road (which daughter would probably say was her favorite), and The Plaza -- were all pretty solid. The worst table service meal I've ever had was breakfast at Crystal Palace and worst quick service is a tie between Pecos Bill and Cosmic Rays - both were very hectic and dirty (Cosmic Rays especially so) to the point that it didn't matter if the food was good or bad (it was bad). Other meals stand out as good over the years have been at Yachtsman, The Wave and 'Ohana.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter