Just booked a trip- inc 1 day Disney fix!

mindy32

Mouseketeer
Hi All

I tried to swing a 'proper' Disney trip this year but it just wasn't going to happen. We really needed to head over to the UK to visit DH's extended family (inc his elderly grandmother) after having chosen other destinations for our last few trips. I've managed to get one day at Hong Kong Disneyland on our way home to at least keep me going though! This is quite a last minute trip by our standards, having just booked yesterday for the beginning of May. I'm usually very much an advance planner but DH's work had other ideas. I actually didn't think we were going to get a holiday at all so I'm super excited!! Since our little corner of the Dis here is full of other Aussies and friends who love to travel in general not just solely to Disney (although we all know that's our favourite!) I thought people might be interested in a trip report, so I'm starting us off with some pre-trip info- if anyone has any advice or suggestions on anything please feel free to share!

Travellers are just hubby (Dan) and I, both 30.

5th May- Departure Day! Flying out of Melbourne mid afternoon, arriving into Bangkok at 9:45pm.
5-7th May- BANGKOK
Staying at Bangkok Mercure Siam
Hubby has a friend who lives in Bangkok so we're stopping over to have a break and just to visit him. We'll spend time with him on the 6th and then we fly out early afternoon on the 7th.

7th May- arrive into London at 9:30pm. Dan's family live out in Bradford so we've hire a car and will drive out that night I think. We've got the hire car the whole time which will give us a little bit of freedom to explore etc rather than relying on people given we'll be in a suburban area.
7-18th May- ENGLAND
I'd like to drive up to Edinburgh for a night or two during this time, we've never been and know nothing about Scotland! We're also looking at a couple of day trips we can do from family's house, Northern England so if anyone has any suggestions please sing out!

18th May- we fly out of Manchester directly to Corfu, Greece.
18-23 May- CORFU
My cousin's husband is Greek so she moved over there a couple of years ago and then my aunt, her mum, followed. She recently had her first baby so we'll get to meet him whilst we're there! We'll be staying with either my cousin or aunt in Corfu so again a family portion of the trip. Her husband and his family have a water sports business so we'll probably do some water activities whilst there. Contemplating a day trip over to Albania to go to Blue Eye spring, there's organised day tours from Corfu so will decide if we're willing to have a day away from family while there for it.

Trying to decide if we fly to Athens on the 22nd evening and stay the night there because the only option for the flight from Corfu- Ath on the 23rd means we'd have to fly into Athens at 12:20pm and our international flight isn't until 7:30pm. I'm not a huge Athens fan but weighing up 7 hours at the airport vs losing an extra night with family.

24-27th May HONG KONG
We arrive into Hong Kong in the afternoon on the 24th. 25th we'll have a day to explore- I intend to go to Victoria Peak do the tramway etc. Then the 26th is our Disney day!! 27th we don't fly out until early evening so will have the morning to continue exploring before heading to the airport around 3pm.

If you are staying in Bradford we spent a day on a canal boat on the canals leaving from skipton which is about a 40 min drive. We took a canal boat out for a few hours something totally different to what we had experienced before. There is also a great pie shop called pie and mash they claim they are the best in Yorkshire. We loved them and took some back to the place we were staying for dinner.
That same trip we had a stopover on the way home in HongKong the best thing we did was get to the tram for Victoria peak just before opening. There wasn't a huge que and we were the second tram up. When we left the que would have been more than an hour long and it was hot.

Awesome we will definitely try to get to Victoria peak early, thanks!

We actually did the canal ride last time we were in Bradford now that you mention it! I'm sure DH would love the pie shop so will keep that in mind.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter